• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The True Battle: DMC3 Dante VS DmC Dante

Who will win?

• DMC3 Dante

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • DmC Dante

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • An Epic Draw

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Tie.....but old Dante (1/2/4/anime/SMT) still owns

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Looks like Caiden can't admit to the possibility of his fratboy hero losing.

And yet another DmC-hater ruins the thread.

Caiden

Looks like Caiden can't admit to the possibility of his fratboy hero losing.

And yet another DmC-hater ruins the thread.

Call me whatever you want I still provided more proof so...........

74273.gif

The Final Offer

I...I...I. I really hope you are trolling. You have nothing to back up your post. first off DmC Mundus is a pushover of a boss. His kid was a tougher boss fight. Second it is pretty clear that Sparda of the DmC universe does not play the same role as Sparda of the DMC universe. In DmC he was simply a trust subject of Mundus's that fell in love with an angel which was seen as a betrayal. DMC Sparda did not agree with what Mundus was doing to humans and instead fought against his former Master. Sparda of DmC as far as we know was just someone Mundus trusted. we don't know anything of his abilities or power. Sparada of DMC was a legendary warrior who was a clear threat and knew he was a threat which is why he was confident of going head to head with Mundus. See the difference?

Next how in the hell is DmC Dante going to take down DMC Mundus. Does Dante have a form with wings? nope. Does Dante have the same level of abilities that allowed DMC Dante to cripple Mundus forcing him to land? nope. Does he fight a boss that is on the same level? nope. Remember that DmC Mundus is feared because he has the hell gate. It makes him immortal. But once the hell gate was closed he lost a huge chuck of his power. DMC Mundus on the other hand is feared because he has that most raw power in the demon realm.

Also what do you mean by Dante's? Are you still talking about DMC3 Dante because if you are, than he is most defiantly not the peak of Dante's power.

Simple questions deserve simple answers.

You need to be Nephilim to be strong enough to take down Mundus or else Inuyasha would've done it a long time ago.

I'm fine with you defending DMC 3 Dante and all. I have yet to read anything that can trump DmC Dante's abilities. DMC 3 Dante is supposed to be at his peak against DmC Dante at his peak. Their peak forms are at the end of their games.

I need you to keep up.

"DmC Mundus is a pushover of a boss. His kid was a tougher boss fight. "

Also, don't attempt to use opinion over fact. It just makes you seem less worthy of conversation.

"Next how in the hell is DmC Dante going to take down DMC Mundus. Does Dante have a form with wings? nope. Does Dante have the same level of abilities that allowed DMC Dante to cripple Mundus forcing him to land? nope. Does he fight a boss that is on the same level? nope. Remember that DmC Mundus is feared because he has the hell gate. It makes him immortal. But once the hell gate was closed he lost a huge chuck of his power. DMC Mundus on the other hand is feared because he has that most raw power in the demon realm."

I don't know if it's clear to you or not. But we're talking DMC 3 vs DmC. With that being said, it's time to take you down a few notches. DMC1 Dante only succeeded in defeating a form "A FORM" of Mundus by himself. It took Trish's help to make him capable of postponing Mundus's next attempt. That's right, Mundus was sealed, not killed.

Since we're on the subject of DMC1 Mundus. You'd be wise to take heed of Vergil from DMC 3 being defeated and enslaved by Mundus. DmC Dante has the ability to purify with angelic weapons. Since the known universe of DMC has no angels in it whatsoever. This power is foreign and therefore it'd be catastrophic in damage output seeing as you have....
Holy_Water_DMC_3.jpg

That deals SIGNIFICANT damage to all demons.

Get this, DmC Dante tots around blessed weapons.
8d7ef817fd3e.jpg

Winner: DmC Dante.
Agree or no?

Caiden

First off to take down DmC Mundus the hell gate needs to be closed. It has nothing to do with being Nephilim. There are plenty of things that can trump New Dante's abilities. Trickster has greater mobility, swordmaster has more extensive abilities that blend with demonic power, Royal guard give a serious defense boost, etc. The only real edge he would have is his DT's gravity effect but we don't even know if it would work on Dante because what it does and does not effect it completely inconsistent throughout that game.

Also remember that just because they are both named Mundus that does not make them the same. one more time. DMC Mundus and DmC Mundus are not the same. DMC Mundus has many more feats and abilities. When Trish and Dante finished him it was for the sake of cinematics. Dante was using Sparda's power which had already defeated him in the past. Also I know Mundus is still alive but it doesn't change the fact that he got his ass handed to him so I don't really see why you pointed that out.

If your theory of blessed weapons was true than that would mean everytime Dante used holy water he would die along with the other demons. Also I don't think you know what purify means. Purify is to remove contaminant. That would mean demonic power is a contaminant and that once they are struck with an angel weapon they would lose all demonic power. Funny story bout that. That has never happened in DmC. Not once. Demons die, in both DMC and DmC they just die. They down get the evil cast out from them, they just die.

So let me say this once more. Stop using head canon. You are making total assumptions and presenting them as facts with little proof. When you have actual proof that isn't head canon please come back.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

First off to take down DmC Mundus the hell gate needs to be closed. It has nothing to do with being Nephilim. There are plenty of things that can trump New Dante's abilities. Trickster has greater mobility, swordmaster has more extensive abilities that blend with demonic power, Royal guard give a serious defense boost, etc. The only real edge he would have is his DT's gravity effect but we don't even know if it would work on Dante because what it does and does not effect it completely inconsistent throughout that game.

Also remember that just because they are both named Mundus that does not make them the same. one more time. DMC Mundus and DmC Mundus are not the same. DMC Mundus has many more feats and abilities. When Trish and Dante finished him it was for the sake of cinematics. Dante was using Sparda's power which had already defeated him in the past. Also I know Mundus is still alive but it doesn't change the fact that he got his ass handed to him so I don't really see why you pointed that out.

If your theory of blessed weapons was true than that would mean everytime Dante used holy water he would die along with the other demons. Also I don't think you know what purify means. Purify is to remove contaminant. That would mean demonic power is a contaminant and that once they are struck with an angel weapon they would lose all demonic power. Funny story bout that. That has never happened in DmC. Not once. Demons die, in both DMC and DmC they just die. They down get the evil cast out from them, they just die.

So let me say this once more. Stop using head canon. You are making total assumptions and presenting them as facts with little proof. When you have actual proof that isn't head canon please come back.

"It has nothing to do with Nephilim"

Vergil clearly states it'll take Nephilim to take down Mundus and the way they did that was with Nephilim powers.

"That has never happened in DmC. Not once."
Devil_May_Cry_-_The_Chronicles_of_Vergil_-1-022.jpg

gtfo.gif

Dark Drakan

Admin
Why is it when people have a difference in opinion everyone pulls the troll card? Cant people agree to disagree instead of going off topic and accusing people of being trolls and making assumptions that others have a less important opinion than them?

Picard

Starfleet Demon
You need to be Nephilim to be strong enough to take down Mundus or else Inuyasha would've done it a long time ago.

OK, I don't really care about DmC that much, but this idiotic redefining of terms that game started really ****es me off.

DMC Dante and Vergil are Nephilim, DmC versions are not.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/v2/n1/who-were-the-nephilim
"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God (bene Elohim) came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them."

Nephilim are children of angels and humans. Demons are fallen angels, or at least similar to them more so than to humans, so DmC Dante is an angel, not Nephilim. Get your facts straight before arguing.

Sorry for the rant. Anyway, as I said before, in DMC universe, half-deomons can easily become stronger than full demons since they have characteristics of both demons (near-invulnerability, physical strength) and humans (ability to love and make sacrifice). Sparda was special exactly because he has these human characteristics despite being a demon, but humans still have something I don't think demons do: ability to learn and develop. DmC just ignores this very important part of the lore, but if we go by DMC laws, then Dante is already stronger than Donte and getting stronger, while Donte will forever remain on the level he is at beginning of the game.

Last edited:

Caiden

"It has nothing to do with Nephilim"

Vergil clearly states it'll take Nephilim to take down Mundus and the way they did that was with Nephilim powers.

"That has never happened in DmC. Not once."
Devil_May_Cry_-_The_Chronicles_of_Vergil_-1-022.jpg

gtfo.gif

I hope you know that your post proves nothing. When Vergil says cleanse it could mean a number of things. Never has it been said that angel weapons have the specific ability to nullify the power of demons or purify them. Because once more if that was true that would mean everytime you attack an enemy with an angel weapon they would lose all their power and just drop dead after one attack. In fact demon weapons do more overall damage in a singe hit to demon enemies.

Also don't call me a troll just cause I am trying to disprove you. It doesn't help you prove your point.

AcidX_Y

OK, I don't really care about DmC that much, but this idiotic redefining of terms that game started really ****es me off.

DMC Dante and Vergil are Nephilim, DmC versions are not.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/v2/n1/who-were-the-nephilim
"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God (bene Elohim) came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them."

Nephilim are children of angels and humans. Demons are fallen angels, or at least similar to them more so than to humans, so DmC Dante is an angel, not Nephilim. Get your facts straight before arguing.

Sorry for the rant. Anyway, as I said before, in DMC universe, half-deomons can easily become stronger than full demons since they have characteristics of both demons (near-invulnerability, physical strength) and humans (ability to love and make sacrifice). Sparda was special exactly because he has these human characteristics despite being a demon, but humans still have something I don't think demons do: ability to learn and develop. DmC just ignores this very important part of the lore, but if we go by DMC laws, then Dante is already stronger than Donte and getting stronger, while Donte will forever remain on the level he is at beginning of the game.
Lol, you really must hate the game, the lack of consistency in this post is incredible. Not all demons are fallen angels including Sparda, meaning DMC Dante and Vergil are not Nephilim. There's no set definition for Nephilim and besides all that a Nephilim in the DmC universe is half angel and half demon.

Since when did 18 year old Dante hit his prime? He still has his demon/angel powers to explore and then there's the Nephilim powers.

Caiden

Lol, you really must hate the game, the lack of consistency in this post is incredible. Not all demons are fallen angels including Sparda, meaning DMC Dante and Vergil are not Nephilim. There's no set definition for Nephilim and besides all that a Nephilim in the DmC universe is half angel and half demon.

Since when did 18 year old Dante hit his prime? He still has his demon/angel powers to explore and then there's the Nephilim powers.

I am pretty sure he was referring the actual meaning behind the word Nephilim, which he is right. It might not hold true to the DMC series as a whole but it doesn't change the fact that DmC uses the term Nephilim wrong.

AcidX_Y

I am pretty sure he was referring the actual meaning behind the word Nephilim, which he is right. It might not hold true to the DMC series as a whole but it doesn't change the fact that DmC uses the term Nephilim wrong.
The definition is pretty ambiguous if you read around since there's more than one definition/description.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Lol, you really must hate the game,

I can't hate the game because I never played it, and likely never will - what I did see of gameplay in videos was not interesting enough for me to consider playing it, LOMAC is more exciting than that. But that is besides the point, point is that the game is wrong in using the word (Nephilim), and people are starting to use wrong definition simply because it is used in that game. You can't have a game refer to B-17 as battleship and say "LOL, bombers are called battleships in that universe, let's roll with it". Mistake is a mistake, the end.

The Final Offer

I hope you know that your post proves nothing. When Vergil says cleanse it could mean a number of things. Never has it been said that angel weapons have the specific ability to nullify the power of demons or purify them. Because once more if that was true that would mean everytime you attack an enemy with an angel weapon they would lose all their power and just drop dead after one attack. In fact demon weapons do more overall damage in a singe hit to demon enemies.

Also don't call me a troll just cause I am trying to disprove you. It doesn't help you prove your point.

Caiden. Be honest with yourself. Do you seriously believe that you're not trolling.

I asked you not to mix opinion with facts. I've been coming at you with nothing but facts. You've asked me to prove something and I did. You continue to try to disprove and to no avail.

You don't know what you're talking about, whether it's DMC or DmC and I prove it everytime.

You haven't opened your mind to the fact that DmC Dante and Vergil are IN FACT Angel and Demon. DmC uses the term to let you know they're ANGEL AND DEMON. Then Vergil goes on to explain it CLEARLY what he meant.

Don't you dare deny that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom