• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

the significance of westernizing devil may cry

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
@berto maybe a seperate thread might be ideal for that.

I think the thing is as much people call this a western take i think its better to classify this as NT's take as we dont really know how other writers would have tackled the reboot's story.

Plus they dont neccesarily even take that much liberties with the core gameplay as Lords of Shadow does to castlevania does so i feel like exploring the impact a western studio would have been better if there was a different structure than the linear 20 odd missions we usually get.

Like maybe an attempt at being more of an open world expierence or focus on the day to day activities of Dante's bussiness or have Dante travel to different locales on a road trip for some reason.

Im not saying there arent many differences to the series im just saying it does stick to the formula.

open world experience is a good expand, plus it'll make the game grandeur in some way..

and with all this fuss with the word westernizing devil may cry, i came to think what if capcom came up with a smack in the face twist and continues DmC but going japanese-y instead..

with the same reboot dante appearence but dmc3 and 4 dante attitude, and kat and phinneas also going japanese-y, vergil is safe, he was more or less remained the same character as in the original.. honestly, that'll freak me out as well, yep, not gonna work for fans..

westernizing is the wrong word
, but i did said no need to stuck at the word westernizing, use adapt, change, or expand instead, maybe i should've used another word in the title..

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
open world experience is a good expand, plus it'll make the game grandeur in some way..

and with all this fuss with the word westernizing devil may cry, i came to think what if capcom came up with a smack in the face twist and continues DmC but going japanese-y instead..

with the same reboot Dante appearance but dmc3 and 4 dante attitude, and kat and phinneas also going japanese-y, vergil is safe, he was more or less remained the same character as in the original.. honestly, that'll freak me out as well, yep, not gonna work for fans..

westernizing is the wrong word
, but i did said no need to stuck at the word westernizing, use adapt, change, or expand instead, maybe i should've used another word in the title..

I'd be very against that.

Top Bottom