• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Red Line

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Hey fellow DMC.Org members :p I just wanted to say that last night, I had a dream about this place. But it wasn't a very nice one. I dreamt that I was viewing my profile page, and that there was a message saying how I had made mistakes and that I was going to be banned for life. There was the evil red line through my name, crossing me out like I was nothing. No more than just a memory of me remaining. I thought to myself... 'How can I explain my innocence? It must be a mistake!' I didn't quite grasp why I had been banned, and I needed to know what to do to get back here. To make amends and apologize.

The dream felt rather real. And I won't lie, I felt quite upset about it. I absolutely love this place, and I didn't want to just leave like that. I thought 'Maybe I can create another account and explain that I was innocent' (Even though that in itself would be breaking Forum Rules). But I was so sure that I hadn't done anything wrong. I know realistically a Moderator or an Admin wouldn't just ban someone for no reason. But I think what they were saying is that I had done something wrong or illegal here, and I was sure it was a huge mistake and misunderstanding on everybody's part.

It got me thinking. What if I did get banned for something I was unaware of? What if one day I came on, and I couldn't come on (If that makes sense?) Every time I enter my password wrong, or my keyboard is having a moment; and it takes me almost four out of five times to log in, I get this thought that I may of been banned perhaps. It is possible. And if I can't understand why it won't let me log in, when I am thinking that I have entered things correctly, I get worried. I don't know if anyone else shares the same feelings as me? Or if I just get paranoid and worried too easily? lol

Thank goodness it was only a dream. What would you do if the circumstances were true however? Would you want to create another account in an attempt to explain yourself? Would you miss this place and all its people?

I know I would, whether it meant bending the rules (Wow, made this sound all Matrix like now) But anyway, I adore this place so much I would. In the past when I forgot my password, I made a second account. I had to so I could get back on. Then I changed my name to what it is now, and have been a member here for three years. I would utterly scream if I saw my name with a red cross through it. I really would.

How would you feel if this was the case for you?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
LoD, I hate to tell you this, but that dream was very real, you've made mistakes and you're going to be ZOMGBANNEDFORLIFE!!!!11111111one

Nah, I kid, you've always been one of the most upstanding members of this forum, you'd have to do something pretty drastic to get outright perma-banned for life. :lol:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Angelo Credo;282320 said:
LoD, I hate to tell you this, but that dream was very real, you've made mistakes and you're going to be ZOMGBANNEDFORLIFE!!!!11111111one

Nah, I kid, you've always been one of the most upstanding members of this forum, you'd have to do something pretty drastic to get outright perma-banned for life. :lol:

Holy **** Credo!!! :O :O :O lol

Thank you kind Sir, you are far too kind :) (But stay that way, because I like your compliments) -Teehee

I think the worst thing for anyone to do is just go around acting like a huge know-it-all, and hurting people's feelings. To me, that's probably the worst thing you can do. Either that or make tiny mistakes that get you banned, but then keep repeating your mistakes and not ultimately learning your lesson. But thanks, that means a lot to me what you said :)

Still wish to hear other's views also ^_^

Dark Drakan

Admin
*Finger Hovers Over Button...*

Nah that would just be mean under the circumstances... Plus you have never done anything to offend me. :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
VeNGeD;282329 said:
10/10/10..

He is.. the one.

Lol sorry, not all over the world. It was 11/10/10 for me. XD

On the topic though, I would get scared to death since I got Marisa here and actually no other way of contacting her yet. D:
Plus all my friends. Would be hard without someone to talk to or someone who wants to drink my blood from time to time even though I won't let them drink my blood. :ninja: I see you.

Meg

LordOfDarkness;282323 said:
Holy **** Credo!!! :O :O :O lol

Thank you kind Sir, you are far too kind :) (But stay that way, because I like your compliments) -Teehee

I think the worst thing for anyone to do is just go around acting like a huge know-it-all, and hurting people's feelings. To me, that's probably the worst thing you can do. Either that or make tiny mistakes that get you banned, but then keep repeating your mistakes and not ultimately learning your lesson. But thanks, that means a lot to me what you said :)

Still wish to hear other's views also ^_^

I think its safe to say I'm the biggest know-it-all here. XD I mean let's FACE it, I'm just sooooo great and sooooooo smart and such. You guys are always wrong and I'm always right. Oh yeah. :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;282360 said:
I think its safe to say I'm the biggest know-it-all here. XD I mean let's FACE it, I'm just sooooo great and sooooooo smart and such. You guys are always wrong and I'm always right. Oh yeah. :lol:

But what happens when you are wrong and Lightning is right?

What will you do then, huh? XD

Meg

aka958;282363 said:
But what happens when you are wrong and Lightning is right?

What will you do then, huh? XD

What are you talking about? We agree on everything! Right?
Lightning: No.
Meg: Oh. ._.

Oh well! Its not like I'm capable of being wrong. XDDD

Yeah I had this nightmare too :D
@Dark Drakan- if you ban me, Who wants to drink Aka's and DMC blood then ? :\

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;282370 said:
What are you talking about? We agree on everything! Right?
Lightning: No.
Meg: Oh. ._.

Oh well! Its not like I'm capable of being wrong. XDDD

But if you say you and Lightning doesn't agree about everything and you aren't capable of being wrong, does that mean that you say that Lightning who you are a fan of is very capable of being wrong? :O

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
If I Randomly got banned I'd come back and haunt you all from beyond the banning grave!!!! Mwhahaha!

^ :ninja:
@LoD- why dont you get one of the member's phone number so you dont need to be worry, if anythings happen, you can call him/her and ask to know what just happend.

Meg

aka958;282387 said:
But if you say you and Lightning doesn't agree about everything and you aren't capable of being wrong, does that mean that you say that Lightning who you are a fan of is very capable of being wrong? :O

Yes.

On topic: I was worried when the Purge of mean members was going on. I was worried I had said something rude or something. ;_; BUT! I'm still here, so I guess not. :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;282416 said:
Yes.

On topic: I was worried when the Purge of mean members was going on. I was worried I had said something rude or something. ;_; BUT! I'm still here, so I guess not. :lol:

Lulz... purge. What made you use just that word? xP

On topic: I think I've dreamt I got banned from the forum as well. I was so terrified that when I woke up I thought it had happened and got up and checked the forum as fast as I could just to see if it was just a dream.

It was! And I had 4 replies! One from Marisa! Happyface. :)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well...getting banned is my second worst nightmare next to a dmc.org convention. XD

I sometimes feel like I'm tap dancing on thin ice around here, especially when there's drama and I'm directly involved in it...ahem...won't name examples but I'm sure everyone knows.

Anyway, the staff are awesome clever people who do their duties well, and your fears are silly LoD. You've been a contributing and GOOD member of the forum for a long time, so if you ever do slip up, I can bet my packet of Skittles that everyone here will let it slide without much fuss. And if not, then you can count on us persuading the staff to un-ban you. Though I doubt that will be necessary because I can't picture you getting banned. EVER.

As for what I would do? I dunno. I keep in touch with a lot of my friends here on other forums and social networks so the connection will never be lost. But then it won't ever be the same either, because I love this place. It'll be like one of the small, good parts of my life just suddenly dying a cruel death. But there's not much I could do about it if I'd get banned. When I thought I was a goner for sure not too long ago, everyone knew about it, yet no one stepped up and said 'hey, I'll go plead your case to the staff'. Which, I'd like to add, is something I will most likely do for anyone else here whom I consider a friend. And I don't have the cheek to approach staff outside of the forum about these matters either...I dunno why, I'm just like that I guess.

But like I said, the staff are awesome, I'm still here, everything is good.

If you want some peace of mind LoD, I'll send you friend req on MSN in a minute. I dunno why I don't have you on MSN already, you missed out on a DMC party the other night :(

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
"I've been told I'm an upstanding member here! But sure I've made mistakes... Nothing THIS drastic though!"

That would be my reaction. And then I would proceed to hit my head on the keyboard over and over until I magically got my account back. I'd DIE without the people on here...

Meg

aka958;282419 said:
Lulz... purge. What made you use just that word? xP

The Soviet Union purging its schools and workplaces of people of the bourgeoisie class.

@LoD- You're probably the last person on here that has to worry about getting banned. Well besides me. I AM perfect after all. :lol:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Thank you guys, I really appreciate the feedback and such various comments that were maybe not all in the right topic, but were fun to read nonetheless :p Getting banned is not really a fear I have to be honest with you. It's something I would hate to happen, but I know that it wouldn't. The dream was something that bugged me when I had it, because it felt real. An Admin leaving a message on my page saying I had done something wrong. Thoughts of how I could correct myself and prove my innocence. In reality, should this of happened, I would of told Damien who is a member here. He would of asked and inquired until he understood what the problem was. As for being able to contact people still, I do have MSN. Not that I ever use it, because I'm always up late on Facebook talking to my girlfriend there and such. I don't really get on with MSN, it's not my type of thing. But it's cool for other people to have it, so I'm not bashing it. It is hugely popular. Anyway, moving on from that, I just want to point out that none of us are invincible here.

Think it maybe a bit harsh for me to point out about SpardaTm. The guy was friendly at times, did offer his help and contribution. What let him down in the end I can only assume, is that he thought his knowledge and power here was far more superior than any other member. This ultimately leading him to getting a life ban. I may slap a Gold name across me, or contribute loads here. But rules are rules, and if I had done the crime, I'd sure as hell want to do the time. Me getting banned for life is just the same as any other member, regardless to what I do. The Staff are in control, they are at the top. Nice words may go okay, but if they decide that it's a life ban, they aren't going to reconsider just because it's me. I try my best to be helpful, but please, don't view me as the 'exception'. I'm just the same!

Top Bottom