• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

the PSP

aka958

Don't trust people
I've decided that i know will buy a PSP but i got a final question before i begin saving.

the psp got three different models. will all games released for psp work for all three models?

I'm saving for it and ready to send in 4 of my games that i like (but don't play) for the psp. I want the PSP for 3 reasons. FFVII Crisis Core , FF Dissidia , FFXIII.

Keaton

Premium
aka958;164778 said:
I've decided that i know will buy a PSP but i got a final question before i begin saving.

the psp got three different models. will all games released for psp work for all three models?

I'm saving for it and ready to send in 4 of my games that i like (but don't play) for the psp. I want the PSP for 3 reasons. FFVII Crisis Core , FF Dissidia , FFXIII.

PSP UMD games work in every type of PSP, be it Phat, Slim or 3000. I personally own a PSP Slim.

Crisis Core is pretty much the biggest reason to buy a PSP I assure you, I was having major buyers remorse until that came out and now I'm chuffed ^^

Not to mention that the PSP has massive amounts of homebrew functions if you're willing to try them (although its a ricky process so see how you like your PSP first ^^)

http://www.pspcrazy.com/forums/

Thats a nice PSP forum that provides alot of info on the PSP, what to do if it breaks etc etc, worth a look.

Other game I would reccomend:

-Tekken Dark Ressurection
-Final Fantasy I
-Monster Hunter 2 Freedom
-Ben 10: Protector of Earth (personal fave!)
-Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force 3
-Mega Man Maverick Hunter X

Pretty much the staples of my PSP game collection...

aka958

Don't trust people
There are more Final Fantasy on the PSP!? OH God i got to have it! I'm a mayor FF fan XD

Keaton

Premium
aka958;164781 said:
There are more Final Fantasy on the PSP!? OH God i got to have it! I'm a mayor FF fan XD

Lol then you'll be a happy chappy...

Final Fantasy 1
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasty Tactics: War of the Lions
Final Fantasy Crisis Core

+

Final Fantasy Advent Children (UMD Movie)

Final Fantasy Dissdia - oh god this looks awesome :D

aka958

Don't trust people
so many I know i won't buy a 360 game in a while. a long while (until FFXIII realeases). Thank you very very much Keaton!
But isn't the Slim version more irritating to concentrate on the screen? and is it any Graphic difference on the PSP's?

Keaton

Premium
aka958;164788 said:
so many I know i won't buy a 360 game in a while. a long while (until FFXIII realeases). Thank you very very much Keaton!
But isn't the Slim version more irritating to concentrate on the screen? and is it any Graphic difference on the PSP's?

As far as I know they're all the same. The Slim Version is like the DS lite to the Original DS, its more compact and sleak, but theres no change in the graphical output. Personally I find the PSP a great console to play on...the Screen is fairly large and clear and the graphics are very impressive for a portable console ^^

I don't know how much 'better' the PSP 3000 is, but personally even if my slim breaks, I'll replace it with another. ^_6

Glad I could help, I'm happy to chat about consoles anytime ^^

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
what the hell is a psp 3000 ?? wats the difference between the relaese model ( which i have ) and a 3000 ??

Keaton

Premium
The PSP Models in the Order of Release:

PSP Phat (1000) - Basic PSP Model Un-refined

PSP Slim (2000) - The Same as above, however its much smaller and sleaker.

PSP 3000 - Same as PSP Slim, however it has a built in Microphone and Camera...its screen is also apparently 'better' since it resists glare...however I have never experienced any problems with the PSP Slim so meh these new additions seem superfcial to me ^^

aka958

Don't trust people
sounds a little overmade. i don't want a camera i want a gaming console! and for me i like to see the text so i would go for the first and unrefined one. if that's the only difference then im going for the first one. i wonder now that when i buy one do i get to choose a free game for it XD.
Thank you again Keaton Rep+

Keaton

Premium
aka958;164913 said:
sounds a little overmade. i don't want a camera i want a gaming console! and for me i like to see the text so i would go for the first and unrefined one. if that's the only difference then im going for the first one. i wonder now that when i buy one do i get to choose a free game for it XD.
Thank you again Keaton Rep+

Oops sorry, you may have misunderstood my post, when I said the PSP Slim is smaller, its only smaller in thickness. The Screen is still the same size as the Phat and 3000 - sorry for the confusion, hope that helps...and I've never had any trouble with reading whats on my PSP ^^

aka958

Don't trust people
still i take the Phat version. im not going to go outdoors with it. i buy it only for the games home. and also the slim costs the double O.O

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
Keaton;164800 said:
The PSP Models in the Order of Release:

PSP Phat (1000) - Basic PSP Model Un-refined

PSP Slim (2000) - The Same as above, however its much smaller and sleaker.

PSP 3000 - Same as PSP Slim, however it has a built in Microphone and Camera...its screen is also apparently 'better' since it resists glare...however I have never experienced any problems with the PSP Slim so meh these new additions seem superfcial to me ^^

I believe it also has a High Definition screen, and even more functions have been put on the PSP 3000, apart from what you've just mentioned^_^ (Speakers are apparently louder)

I actually thought that the PSP version of FFXIII won't work on the original PSP, but I've heard it will ;D I've got FFVI and FFVII on my PSP:D so i'm happy.

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
aka958;164952 said:
FFVI? with the ultimate villian of all time Kefka?! this is just getting better!

You can't buy the game for the PSP. I can't remember how I actually got it onto my PSP. However, it is illegal to have it on ya PSP UNLESS you own the game the actual PS1 version^_^ So, if you own the game it's self then it's not illegal.

Edit : You WILL need a 8GB Memory Stick Duo^_^ because the games take up quite a bit, well the ones you install onto your PSP like I've done.

aka958

Don't trust people
can't the game save itself? on the game disc or whatever it uses? i don't wanna install games into the PSP i want to buy games in the store put in a CD or whatever it is and start playing. not alot of buzzering with memory sticks

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
aka958;164964 said:
can't the game save itself? on the game disc or whatever it uses? i don't wanna install games into the PSP i want to buy games in the store put in a CD or whatever it is and start playing. not alot of buzzering with memory sticks

Your game saves go on the Memory stick Duo. I mean with FFVI and FFVII those games cannot be bought, so it if you want them you'll need to install them onto ya Memory Stick, okay? The CD's go in the back of the PSP and you can start playing instantly, but if you have games installed onto the PSP (Like I have) you won't need to take the games with you everywhere you go, you know.

aka958

Don't trust people
yes but lucky me i won't have anywhere than home. like my portable non portable console XD

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
I really want FF 9 on my PSP:D I recommend you getting a 4-8GB Memory stick Duo if ya planning on getting tons of games or even installing some games like FF6/7, or even a load of movies ;D

Once, I remember how to do it, I'll post it here^_^

aka958

Don't trust people
I'm now even prepared to leave in 6 games for money to the PSP. was planning on saving but i don't wanna wait for Crisis Core anymore. i Know the whole story from beginning to end and yet i want it as much maybe even more than before. Now i won't be installing any game soon. i will do it after a while because i won't be having either money or other games to play because of the PSP. I'm actually prepared to leave in DMC4, Eternal Sonata, Orange Box, Enchanted Arms,Army of Two, Dark Messiah Might and Magic. In sweden we use swedish crowns or whatever it is called in english. a Dollar is around 6-8 times more worth than our crowns and i don't have the lust to do maths. sadly a First version of a PSP is on a second hand can't get a new. but the second hand one costs 699 Swedish Crowns. but a slim one costs 1119 swedish crowns. i got 140 crowns on me and i hope i get the Big cash on my 6 games.

Top Bottom