• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Next SoulCalibur Needs Your Vote

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Project Soul, in attempt for what appears to be determining the popular roster of an upcoming game (SoulCalibur 6, possibly) is asking any of its fans with a Facebook survey as to which character they like best.

Do you like SoulCalibur? Were you abhorred by the last entry's omission of longtime staple characters like Talim and Seung Mina? Do you have a Facebook?

Click this link and vote for your character of choice...he or she might make the roster.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Ivy, jiggle physics and alternate outfits.

I don't like fighters or care about stories in fighters so that's all I got lol.

WolfOD64

Ivy, jiggle physics and alternate outfits.

I don't like fighters or care about stories in fighters so that's all I got lol.
You should give Lost Swords a try. Some hentai artist was commissioned to design Ivy's alternate costume in that game.

WolfOD64

Voting for Talim and Cassandra. I need those two back.
Talim's nice and all, but Cassandra was my favorite SoulCal Gal. Not to mention she was only my main outside of Mitsurugi...
Personally, I think she's the better candidate out of the Alexandra sisters. She's not nearly as preachy or as insufferable as Sophitia, and actually has a sense of humor.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Not that I expect SC be any good after 3 lacking entries in the row

Considering SoulCalibur V became the worst-selling game in the franchise's history, I think it's safe to say that a clear message has been delivered to the doorstep of Project Soul.

It's not even like DmC, where it "failed to meet expectations." The game literally sold worse than EVERY game, even the very first game on PSX.
They mady crappy SCIV. Than they made even crappier Lost Souls expansion. Than they made even crappier SCV. Learn tendency appears pretty low :/

They gutted out all the good stuff with each sequel, like EA does with TheSims.
1. No ending full motion videos for characters, standard or created characters.
2. No Taki
3. Story mode was boring
4. Story mode focused on the most annoying new characters in SoulCalibur5: Patroklos and Pyrhha
5. No Tower of Lost Souls
6. No Museum modes
7. SoulCalibur5 Ai is cheap
8. The list of moves were shorten

And Soul Calibur Broken Destiny was limited to being a PSP only title.

Neither game were horribly bad, SoulCalibur5 seemed only a fraction of what it was meant to be & Soul Calibur Broken Destiny didn't have much opportunity.
They need to go to SC2 and 3 and check why they were cool in first place

@VampireWicked I don't like SCIV. It felt like SCIII online edition. It didn't added much, but it removed tons of stuff, story, gameplay modes, etc. SCII was prob the most well-rounded game with SCIII polishing on system and playing with gaming mods. After that everything went down.

@Innsmouth
SoulCaliburIV had a Story mode
Museum modes
Training
arcade
vs
tower
etc.
You mean it wasn't as deep?
SoulCaliburIV didn't have that moment by character storyline detail the whole reason for fighting & explanation to each character's existence previous SoulCaliburs had, but that's not why i play fighting games anyway.
Storylines are okay in fighting games, the entire reason for Blah Blah Blah & all is cool as long as it's not SoulCalibur5's story mode.
In SCIII you had whole quest mode with it's own storyline which played like mix of TRPG and Fighting, Story had branching paths and multiple endings, etc and i think . SCIV was bare bones after it. Overall I think i didn't spent 1/5 of time on SCIV that i spent on SCIII

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfOD64

Not that I expect SC be any good after 3 lacking entries in the row
Considering SoulCalibur V became the worst-selling game in the franchise's history, I think it's safe to say that a clear message has been delivered to the doorstep of Project Soul.

It's not even like DmC, where it "failed to meet expectations." The game literally sold worse than EVERY game, even the very first game on PSX.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I know Raphael was in the previous game but I'd definitely like him to stay.(If we could make him more like he was in 2 I'd be happy.) I also think Necrid was fun. Talim was cool so bringing her back would be nice. I would also like to vote for the return of Weapon Master mode.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

The character creation in V was amazing though. It does say something though if you have more fun creating fighters than actually fighting. V sucked.

WolfOD64

The character creation in V was amazing though. It does say something though if you have more fun creating fighters than actually fighting. V sucked.
Of course the Character Creation was amazing. That was the only thing Project Soul put any effort into...I'd be amazed if that sucked as well.

But if SoulCalibur III taught us anything, it was that a game could have an in-depth customization mode and a strong emphasis on single-player content...the latter of which, along with consistent move-sets and game balance, V lacked in spades.

But ranting about SoulCalibur V would only tempt my fingers into producing another 8-page DMC3-style essay of pure rage, so I'll refrain from going to into too much detail. I doubt anybody can spare the grey hairs of scrolling through another one of those.

Top Bottom