• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The new "Dante" pic thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
youtubevideodownload;291270 said:
Sorry I have no interest in the topic Thank you.

Lol, I haven't read this thread for a while, it's given me a good laugh - especially this post. :lol:

Tony

Demonslayer
the dream couple

screendq.jpg

moseslmpg

Dino should be in the Bella position, since his face is a lot more feminine with his weak jaw and supple lips. Tameem should be in the Edward spot IMO. But it's funny.

fon

Crazy Chick
Was a little funny, but

moseslmpg;291342 said:
Dino should be in the Bella position, since his face is a lot more feminine with his weak jaw and supple lips.

You really think so? :O
(IMO, he looks more manly than Nero and DMC3 Dante to me). Dante has never been shown to be beat up before (the impalement doesn't count), so I kinda got a kick out of it :lol:

Pretty OT, but I hope that when he gets hurt in DmC, the blood stays (ok, now I REALLY sound sadistic =3=""). Maybe he gets cleaner as the game goes on? xD

moseslmpg

Being bruised isn't manly. It is indicative of a lack of power and being dominated by someone else.

And yeah, Dino is has a very feminine profile in the art and the game. It is unnerving to me and it makes me think that they might go ahead and make him homosexual in the game, which wouldn't really be anything new for DMC fandom.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I hope they portray Dante as the human he chose to be in his early age, within good boundries though.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
moseslmpg;291409 said:
Being bruised isn't manly. It is indicative of a lack of power and being dominated by someone else.

Ok this is totally sig worthy. :lol:

Tony

Demonslayer
fon;291405 said:
Pretty OT, but I hope that when he gets hurt in DmC, the blood stays (ok, now I REALLY sound sadistic =3="").
*sign* :cool:
how much I loved this szene

dmc4bloodface.jpg

but shortly after it the blood was absorbed by his face in a magical way. Okay maybe it is a demonical feature to get the enemies power, but if its true and he is more human in DmC maybe the blood stayes

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
moseslmpg;291420 said:
What do you mean by that? Playing as a mere human kind of defeats the point doesn't it?

That's why I said within reasonable boundries. I know he hates demons when he was younger and tried not to acknowledge his demonic blood. At least, from what I could gather anyways. I want to see that transendence, his 'becoming' of the Dante we know and love.

Yes I know that sounds far fetched, unrealistic and pure heresy because Dante we know does not show lack of power or being dominated by another person or persons. But to me, it would show character. I prefer character/story over gameplay anyways.

That's just me and my two cents though.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
moseslmpg;291409 said:
And yeah, Dino is has a very feminine profile in the art and the game. It is unnerving to me and it makes me think that they might go ahead and make him homosexual in the game, which wouldn't really be anything new for DMC fandom.
LOL. Maybe they really listening to the fans (i.e. insane yaoi fangirls) when it came to making this DmC.

moseslmpg

Faust;291444 said:
That's why I said within reasonable boundries. I know he hates demons when he was younger and tried not to acknowledge his demonic blood. At least, from what I could gather anyways. I want to see that transendence, his 'becoming' of the Dante we know and love.

Yes I know that sounds far fetched, unrealistic and pure heresy because Dante we know does not show lack of power or being dominated by another person or persons. But to me, it would show character. I prefer character/story over gameplay anyways.

That's just me and my two cents though.
I believe that was already done in DMC3. From what I can tell, Dante never actually tried to pretend he didn't have powers. In DMC1, he says that even as a child he had powers. The way he denies his demonic heritage is by fighting demons, plain and simple.

Anyway, I have no problem with Dante getting roughed up, but I'd prefer if it was by Vergil or some mega epic super evil force of pure evil like Sparda on steroids.

fon

Crazy Chick
Devon K. Ryley;291454 said:
LOL. Maybe they really listening to the fans (i.e. insane yaoi fangirls) when it came to making this DmC.

If Dante's sexuality comes up for some reason, it'd be more plausible if he was just bi :dry:

(OT, I hope people know that not all yaoi fangirls are crazy. I like having some undertones but making it outright obvious for fanservice would annoy me. Because so far, DMC yaoi doesn't exist in cannon).

Dominus

moseslmpg;291409 said:

TBH I think the scars represent laziness on the developer side, or at least NT thinking less of their target audience. "We need to show that this kid gets in fights, etc, and is badass, so he has to have scars".... But like has been said previously he is part demon, so IMO he shouldn't be that fragile, let alone get beat up. The scars also fall in line with his smoking too, laziness. They want to get points across without trying, or having faith that their audience might get it. So they spell it out........

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
fon;291489 said:
If Dante's sexuality comes up for some reason, it'd be more plausible if he was just bi :dry:

(OT, I hope people know that not all yaoi fangirls are crazy. I like having some undertones but making it outright obvious for fanservice would annoy me. Because so far, DMC yaoi doesn't exist in cannon).

I know all yaoi fangirls aren't crazy. I'm one, if my signature couldn't tell you. >.>;;; But Brian/Justin is canon on a gay show, so... *shrug* Personally, I don't see why his sexuality should be brought up. It doesn't add anything to his character. At least, in my opinion.

Meg

Devon K. Ryley;291526 said:
I know all yaoi fangirls aren't crazy. I'm one, if my signature couldn't tell you. >.>;;; But Brian/Justin is canon on a gay show, so... *shrug* Personally, I don't see why his sexuality should be brought up. It doesn't add anything to his character. At least, in my opinion.

Imagine the fanfics that would pop up if Dante was bi XD

moseslmpg

Meg;291534 said:
Imagine the fanfics that would pop up if Dante was bi XD
You say that as if fangirls would wait for Capcom to confirm it. Those fics are already out there, no doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom