• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Nero vs new Dante thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm not trying to assert my personal preference on anyone. I have no solid evidence to back up why exactly I like something better, I just do. I'm not saying Nero is definitely a better character than DmC Dante, I just like him better and I don't really want to analyze either of them in depth. I just wanted to give my two cents on each character. Cheers, mate!

I just mean in terms of all the "who would win in a fight" questions, somehow the answer lies in personal interest and not in collectible data :p

I like the discussion "versus" threads breed sometimes, but overall it's a crapshoot anyway, because oftentimes it's damn near impossible to quantify certain traits, and comparing traits from across different universes is even more itchy.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think DmC Dante has an edge over Nero as his half-angel-ness is more off a plus than Nero's condition (tbh I dont know if he's an experiment, or some quarter devil so whatever)

But DMC never went in depth on Dante's strength/limits etc so......I guess we would have to look at other factors like expierence or such to determine it.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Then by personal interest, new Dante could curb stomp Nero's pansy ass in seconds. Hell even John Constantine could walk circles around the Ichigo wanna-be.

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
DmC Dante, in terms of sheer power alone, I'd say could overpower Nero with his giant arsenal and variety in moveset, but Nero certainly knows how to use Red Queen and Blue Rose well. It would be a tough fight though, regardless of weaponry. Dante has a sort of ace-up-his-sleeve with his interesting Devil Trigger, but Nero's arm gives him an obvious edge over Dante. The dude practically hooked The Savior in the face with it. Although DmC Dante has fight his fair share of giant fists coming at him as the final battle with Mundus illustrates.

If it were a down and dirty brawl between the two, I'd say that DmC Dante would win. Dante is half angel, half demon. If Nero is Vergil's son, then he'd be... what? Only a quarter demon? But that leaves a big question on who his mom is. And why the hell does he have the Devil Buster anyway? Is it some kind of biological defect or something? Why doesn't Dante and Vergil have one? I'm rambling now... DmC Dante I'd say would win the fight, just going off what little we know about both characters.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Also to note something else; We only have had one game with both these characters so it's not like we can dive deeper into their abilities.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Are you kidding!!!??? He's part of a crap romance involving a damsel in distress and an emo kid who masturbates to her so much his arm mutated, how likable could he possibly be... Actually, that is such a cool plot it shoiuld've been the actuall one.
He's not that bad, actually he's a good character, I love Dante but in 4 he was so OP there was no way to find any sort of humanity in him when he was so above it all. We know his reasons for doing it but in 4 he just seemed like some guy dicking around. Not like he did it to protect people, nero brings back that balance of emotion and epicness that DMC 4 dang had, if you ask me DMC3 Dante had the perfect balance of real and epic, 4!Dante was still epic but that's all the way, he was just a walking conduit for epic moments so he felt less like a character and more like a plot device for whenever you needed to fill the awesome quota. Nero feels like a character and an epic one at that, I dont want another walking characature. I understand what they meant when people say Dante becomr too silly, if DMC2 Dante is Dante when he's done too seriously then DMC4 dante is the complete other side of the spectrum, I still love his character, the game and and gameplay i just feel they coukdve toned him down a bit, nero hit that DMC3 chord with me but instead of being a hothead he was more emotional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom