• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Nero Swearing Controversy Thingy (proof)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Okay, maybe not actual proof, but after playing DMC4, I found out Nero does indeed yell "f*ck you!" But not where you guys thought he did. He doesn't say it after the move that puts enemies into the air (he still yells "hell yeah!").

Instead, he yells "f*ck you!" as he tosses an Alto Angelo away after a DT'd Buster.

Just thought I'd share this to clear up any confusion that may remain on that matter.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I've never believed that he said f*ck you in any way or form during that game, seeing as there's no video evidence floating about that proves it and I played it through 5 times on all bar Hell or Hell difficulty and never once heard him say it.

The most he does is call Agnus a jackass, tells Sanctus to go blow himself and says "I'm tired of your bullsh*t."
And then there's the bit where he sticks his middle finger up, but I've never even heard this rumour of him once saying f*ck you in game up until now.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dude, I wouldn't lie about something like this. I mean, have I lied on here before?

Besides, what would the point of lying be? It wouldn't get me anything.

There are three things he can say after you throw an Alto Angelo when you're DT'd. "Begone", "Take this", and the much rarer "f*ck you!".

I have played through the game more than seven times, and this is the first time I've heard it. Maybe it's just rarer than the other two quotes?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I'm not saying you lied, it's possible that you may have misheard it or something though, because nowhere else appears to be able to confirm it, I've misheard quotes from Nero before confusing them with other things myself. :/

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Angelo Credo;238518 said:
I'm not saying you lied, it's possible that you may have misheard it or something though, because nowhere else appears to be able to confirm it, I've misheard quotes from Nero before confusing them with other things myself. :/

I really don't think I misheard it. I was playing through without SFX or music, just for the heck of it, so all there was was the voices. I heard clear as day "F*ck you!"

I dunno. Even then, I may have misheard it, but still...

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Actually, he does drop the F-Bomb during a DT Buster on an Alto Angelo. I've often performed that very move just to hear him say it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
BlueDevil;238542 said:
Actually, he does drop the F-Bomb during a DT Buster on an Alto Angelo. I've often performed that very move just to hear him say it.

Oh! So I have witnesses!

Well, then that makes my story just a little bit more credible. I guess I wasn't just hearing things then.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Although I don't why it's so rare for you. I've heard it just about everytime I've done it x_x which...is only about 4 times or so, but still!

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Hmm, you also have about 10 or so people from Devil's Lair backing you up, apparently you have an have an A Rank style meter or higher to get a decent chance of him actually saying it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
BlueDevil;238548 said:
Although I don't why it's so rare for you. I've heard it just about everytime I've done it x_x which...is only about 4 times or so, but still!

I've only heard it once. Every other time he either yells "Blast!", "Spark!", or one of the other two I said before.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Angelo Credo;238549 said:
Hmm, you also have about 10 or so people from Devil's Lair backing you up, apparently you have an have an A Rank style meter or higher to get a decent chance of him actually saying it.

I can generally work my way up to an A-rank really fast using Nero.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
BlueDevil;238553 said:
I can generally work my way up to an A-rank really fast using Nero.

Oh, well no wonder I've only heard it once... The damn Alto Angelos keep hitting me out of my A-rank combos.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
If you can manage to keep the camera on them, Alto's are pretty easy to avoid, because normally, they "power up" for a dash attack, and if they're close to you, you just need to move away from them, unless you can land an attack that'll stun 'em, or at least do a good bit of damage.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
BlueDevil;238561 said:
If you can manage to keep the camera on them, Alto's are pretty easy to avoid, because normally, they "power up" for a dash attack, and if they're close to you, you just need to move away from them, unless you can land an attack that'll stun 'em, or at least do a good bit of damage.

It's not the Altos themselves that are the trouble. It's the combination attacks they do with their Bianco allies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
BlueDevil;238612 said:
Ah yes. That's my favorite time fighting them though xD!

You find it fun, I find it a pain in the ass and a really fast way to lose an SSS ranked combo. ;_;

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
DreadnoughtDT;238623 said:
You find it fun, I find it a pain in the ass and a really fast way to lose an SSS ranked combo. ;_;

Funnily enough, it's also the fastest way to gain an SSS rank combo by countering that 3 way attack BS that they pull. xD

Top Bottom