• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;199017 said:
It's part of a Bayonetta discussion, which I don't want to go through again with It.

It's about Sparda and Eva.

Sigh, I brought Bayonetta in the mix only for the guns, which I was referring to that persons post. Don't get mad at me if you don't like Bayonetta and its not my fault the guns have the same description as they should. All I was doing is giving out information on Ebony and Ivory.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;199021 said:
Sigh, I brought Bayonetta in the mix only for the guns, which I was referring to that persons post. Don't get mad at me if you don't like Bayonetta and its not my fault the guns have the same description as they should. All I was doing is giving out information on Ebony and Ivory.

I didn't get mad at all, but I don't want to turn a decent thread about Sparda and Eva into something Bayonettized.

Mikami had his own description about the guns, which has changed. The fact the Ebony and Ivory's description you mention is in Bayonetta, doesn't necessarily mean is the same for the Ebony and Ivory of Devil May Cry.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;199023 said:
I didn't get mad at all, but I don't want to turn a decent thread about Sparda and Eva into something Bayonettized.

Mikami had his own description about the guns, which has changed. The fact the Ebony and Ivory's description you mention is in Bayonetta, doesn't necessarily mean is the same for the Ebony and Ivory of Devil May Cry.

How is me saying "Bayonetta has Ebony/Ivory and they have the description as the ones in DMC" turning this thread into a Bayonetta discussion? Guns that shoot infinite magical bullets that was made for a Devil Hunter? I'm just referring to one persons post about E/I.And I'm not sure but I don't remember this being your thread.

The information is probably in DMC1 to be honest but I never really checked. I just remember only seeing it in an DMC3 interview. But I can easily find out if you reaaaaaaally want me to.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;199027 said:
How is me saying "Bayonetta has Ebony/Ivory and they have the description as the ones in DMC" turning this thread into a Bayonetta discussion? Guns that shoot infinite magical bullets that was made for a Devil Hunter? I'm just referring to one persons post about E/I.And I'm not sure but I don't remember this being your thread.

The information is probably in DMC1 to be honest but I never really checked. I just remember only seeing it in an DMC3 interview. But I can easily find out if you reaaaaaaally want me to.

No blog, article or interview I've heard at least, mentions something about the possession of spirits of an angel or of a demon used for the guns.

Ebony & Ivory are both M1911-style handguns chambered for the .45 ACP round, and boast a plethora of customized features:

* Both pistols have been modified with pivot-style triggers as opposed to the 1911's usual straight-pull trigger
* Both feature custom sight systems; Ebony uses a set of target sights, while Ivory uses a pair of combat sights
* Both feature ported muzzle compensators that reduce recoil and counteract muzzle flip. Both barrels are extend through the compensators and are ported to match the cuts in the compensators.
* Both use custom slides that have been noticeably thickened and reinforced along the slide travel rails and around the chamber and firing mechanism. The result is a slide that bears a resemblance to SIG-Sauer's M1911 line.
* Rails have been bolted to the forward portion of both frames. These rails are used to hold the compensators in place.
* Ebony utilizes an extended safety latch, a hooked trigger-guard and a ring hammer. Ivory uses a standard length safety latch, an rounded trigger-guard and a spur hammer.
* Both have gold-plated magazine releases, hammers, safety switches and triggers.
* Both weapons use ergonomic wood grips witch are inlaid with portraits of Victorian women; as befits their names, Ebony's is dark-haired, and Ivory's is fair-haired.
* Both use double-stack magazines with slam-pads.
* Ivory's frame and slide are both completely left-handed, with all of the controls being mirrored from their normal positions and with the ejection port aimed to the left. (This does not apply to DMC1, where only the ejection port is reversed)

The inward-facing side of each weapon's slide (Ebony's right and Ivory's left) is engraved with "Ebony & Ivory" in a cursive script along with a unique design. The outward facing sides (Ebony's left and Ivory's right) are engraved with a dedication to Dante which is explained in Devil May Cry, Vol. 1 to be from Nell Goldstein:

For Tony Redgrave
By .45 Art Warks

Ebony & Ivory are Dante's trademark pair of personally customized, semi-automatic pistols, designed to rapidly fire bullets instilled with demonic power, and are the only weapon to appear in every installment in the series. The right gun, Ivory, was custom built for rapid firing and fast draw times, while the left gun, Ebony, has been modified for long-distance targeting and comfort.

The guns are instilled with demonic power, so they can shoot infinite bullets.

They do not contain spirits of an angel and a demon.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;199028 said:
No blog, article or interview I've heard at least, mentions something about the possession of spirits of an angel or of a demon used for the guns.

The guns are instilled with demonic power, so they can shoot infinite bullets.

They do not contain spirits of an angel and a demon.

Do you want me to find the information or not?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Woah,woah,guys[or girls or whatever].Calm down.We are all friends here.Let's go back in civilized mode,ok.Well Zato,since the internet is vast and insane,it's not impossible that the info you found might be fake,due to misunderstanding/imagination of the blogger/interviewer etc.If you know about the "Nero is Vergil's son" talk,then this probably is the same case.Unless it really is written in capcom's official DMC blog.

That's all.

Sparda™

Devil Bane;199066 said:
Woah,woah,guys[or girls or whatever].Calm down.We are all friends here.Let's go back in civilized mode,ok.Well Zato,since the internet is vast and insane,it's not impossible that the info you found might be fake,due to misunderstanding/imagination of the blogger/interviewer etc.If you know about the "Nero is Vergil's son" talk,then this probably is the same case.Unless it really is written in capcom's official DMC blog.

That's all.

I perfectly agree with what this guy said. There's no explanation in any game which documents what Zato claims.

Ebony & Ivory are instilled with demonic power so they can shoot infinite bullets.

Sorry for the off-topic disussion, Claire. Now we can resume back to Sparda & Eva discussion.

Zato-OW

King
Devil Bane;199066 said:

That's all.

I know what your saying but this came from the story writer at that time. Also it wasn't "souls" it was Demonic and Angelic energy in each gun so that was my mistake. I probably can find it, Its on the Capcom forums for DMC3. If you really want me to.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;199069 said:
I know what your saying but this came from the story writer at that time. Also it wasn't "souls" it was Demonic and Angelic energy in each gun so that was my mistake. I probably can find it, Its on the Capcom forums for DMC3. If you really want me to.

It says only demonic power.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;199070 said:
It says only demonic power.

Listen, all I am saying is that it was stated that E/I each had demonic and angelic energy inside of them which it reference this in another game as well. I'm not saying which one is true or not but just going by what I read. It could be a typo or w/e for all I know(doubt it). I just found it oddly weird that both had the same description. Which is why I referred to that persons post.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;199074 said:
Listen, all I am saying is that it was stated that E/I each had demonic and angelic energy inside of them which it reference this in another game as well. I'm not saying which one is true or not but just going by what I read. It could be a typo or w/e for all I know(doubt it). I just found it oddly weird that both had the same description. Which is why I referred to that persons post.

I know what you mean, but that angelic and demonic power description for Bayonetta was probably meant for that game. Seriously, we've been dragging this thread to an Ebony & Ivory discussion. :lol:

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;199078 said:
I know what you mean, but that angelic and demonic power description for Bayonetta was probably meant for that game. Seriously, we've been dragging this thread to an Ebony & Ivory discussion. :lol:

I should have made my self more clear the first time. When I was responding to that guys post I was just using Bayonetta as an immediate example because I didn't want to look for some 5 year old interview. It is true that they(they meaning from what I have read) both read the same thing but whether its true in DMC then I wouldn't know.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda's guns looks meh in comparison to Dante's :D Dante's is so shinyyy...anyway. Not sure bout Ebony and Ivory in the Bayonetta game - I checked it out at the store today (they finally got it in store, big whoop) and you get a mini-replica of the guns Bayonetta wields. Which look even more Meh than Blue Rose. IT'S PINK!!! Gah! It scared me off, hahaha.

Okay, gun discussion over.
BACK ON TOPIC.

Luce and Ombra are Latin, aren't they? I'm assuming Luce means 'light', because I know Ombra means 'shadow'. And since, in modern day and age, demons who possess people are known to use Latin in their communication, Sparda had to be Latin as well, right?

I still disagree with Eva being a hunter. It doesn't matter how amazing she was in combat, if she had been a hunter her main goal in life would be to hunt down demons (aka. Winchester style). Going on Vergil and Dante's interaction and view on demons, I don't think Sparda would have fancied a devil hunter to carry on his lineage much.

Vergil's view being of acceptance, knowing that he is part demon himself. He only stepped up to the plate to kill Arkham because he presented himself as a big purple obstacle in his path to his ultimate goal. And, of course, to defend himself.

Dante's view being similar, only he embraces his humanity more. He's a mercenary - only takes certain jobs if he feels there is a connection between the evil he has to kill and Sparda/Eva. Or, something in those lines. Point is, he doesn't go out LOOKING to kill demons. If he simply lived to kill (as he so boldly states at the end of DMC3), then he wouldn't have been so lenient toward Berial in DMC4 when he gave the demon a choice between living and dying.

If Eva had been a devil hunter, she wouldn't have exactly bowed down to Sparda once she found out who he was, and I doubt she would have fallen for him. Lady most certainly didn't fall for Dante, and their friendship is pretty stuffed up if you ask me. Besides that, I don't believe Eva would have WANTED to have kids with a demon/ half-demon/ powerless demon trapped in human form, whatever Sparda was, because the 'devil hunter' thing would have been a bridge between them.

And, one last thing, if Eva had been a devil hunter, then why did she end up dying by the hands/claws of a demon? She should have been able to wipe them all, easy, especially because the maternal instinct to protect her children would have kicked in full force.

That's my view on Eva being a hunter. It's not plausible.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;199082 said:
I should have made my self more clear the first time. When I was responding to that guys post I was just using Bayonetta as an immediate example because I didn't want to look for some 5 year old interview. It is true that they(they meaning from what I have read) both read the same thing but whether its true in DMC then I wouldn't know.

Internet is the land of misunderstandings. Happens all the time, no worries.

clairavance;199083 said:
Luce and Ombra are Latin, aren't they? I'm assuming Luce means 'light', because I know Ombra means 'shadow'. And since, in modern day and age, demons who possess people are known to use Latin in their communication, Sparda had to be Latin as well, right?

Luce & Ombra are Italian for Light and Shadow. As for what languages Sparda spoke or the demons speak, It's currently unknown. It just goes to the speculation area.

clairavance;199083 said:
I still disagree with Eva being a hunter. It doesn't matter how amazing she was in combat, if she had been a hunter her main goal in life would be to hunt down demons (aka. Winchester style). Going on Vergil and Dante's interaction and view on demons, I don't think Sparda would have fancied a devil hunter to carry on his lineage much.

I never hinted at combat being what amazed Sparda. He was a demon who lived for millenniums and he had seen greater warriors - human or demons - fall from his blade. I only referenced the fact that what could have triggered a change of heart in Sparda, was probably this priestess whom he sacrificed to seal the Temen-ni-gru - the same change at heart but this time, made him fall deeply in love with Eva.

About the lineage thing, in one way or the other, whatever kind of job the wife of his life would do, she'd know she was loving a demon and had made children with him. Sparda was mainly a Legendary Devil Hunter. During his 2000 years of wandering, he has sealed countless gates and artifacts and killed thousands of hundreds of demons.

clairavance;199083 said:
Vergil's view being of acceptance, knowing that he is part demon himself. He only stepped up to the plate to kill Arkham because he presented himself as a big purple obstacle in his path to his ultimate goal. And, of course, to defend himself.

Vergil knew he could never defeat Arkham alone, even though Sparda's power had corrupted him and he wasn't using even 25% of the full power. Both brothers though dispatched Arkham.

clairavance;199083 said:
Dante's view being similar, only he embraces his humanity more. He's a mercenary - only takes certain jobs if he feels there is a connection between the evil he has to kill and Sparda/Eva. Or, something in those lines. Point is, he doesn't go out LOOKING to kill demons. If he simply lived to kill (as he so boldly states at the end of DMC3), then he wouldn't have been so lenient toward Berial in DMC4 when he gave the demon a choice between living and dying.

Dante, after DMC3, seems to follow his father's shadow, which doesn't translate too well. I'm glad they inserted Nero into this so Dante can get back at being Dante. I'm not saying he should be ridicule, but I fear he's getting too much Sparda-like.

clairavance;199083 said:
If Eva had been a devil hunter, she wouldn't have exactly bowed down to Sparda once she found out who he was, and I doubt she would have fallen for him. Lady most certainly didn't fall for Dante, and their friendship is pretty stuffed up if you ask me. Besides that, I don't believe Eva would have WANTED to have kids with a demon/ half-demon/ powerless demon trapped in human form, whatever Sparda was, because the 'devil hunter' thing would have been a bridge between them.

That's where you're missing the point. If Eva would have been a sorceress devil huntress, she'd never attempt to fight Sparda. Why would you try to kill the Savior, the Legendary Dark Knight. Sparda went against his own kind to defend humanity, which is a legendary act, quite remarkable and leaves deep impressions hearing that and even more meeting the person who did so, even though that person is a demon himself.

clairavance;199083 said:
And, one last thing, if Eva had been a devil hunter, then why did she end up dying by the hands/claws of a demon? She should have been able to wipe them all, easy, especially because the maternal instinct to protect her children would have kicked in full force.

That's my view on Eva being a hunter. It's not plausible.

All that's said is that Eva died from an attack from demons, which was seemingly ordered by Mundus. Even Lady can't handle elite demons like Frosts or Assaults. I dunno what kind of demon killed Eva, but even If I assume she was a sorceress, It seems they were no ordinary demons - I will go as far as to say Mundus sent his best Dark Knight to dispatch her.

There's a big contradiction in DMC1, which the intro claims Sparda died, as If he died of old age in all peace, when he knew that with his absence, his family would be torn to pieces. Sparda disappeared once again, just like he did from the period he reigned Fortuna, 1st century, to the 20th century when he appeared again.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;199088 said:
1. -As for what languages Sparda spoke or the demons speak, It's currently unknown. It just goes to the speculation area.

2. -That's where you're missing the point. If Eva would have been a sorceress devil huntress, she'd never attempt to fight Sparda. Why would you try to kill the Savior, the Legendary Dark Knight. Sparda went against his own kind to defend humanity, which is a legendary act, quite remarkable and leaves deep impressions hearing that and even more meeting the person who did so, even though that person is a demon himself.

3. -All that's said is that Eva died from an attack from demons, which was seemingly ordered by Mundus. Even Lady can't handle elite demons like Frosts or Assaults. I dunno what kind of demon killed Eva, but even If I assume she was a sorceress, It seems they were no ordinary demons - I will go as far as to say Mundus sent his best Dark Knight to dispatch her.

4. -There's a big contradiction in DMC1, which the intro claims Sparda died, as If he died of old age in all peace, when he knew that with his absence, his family would be torn to pieces. Sparda disappeared once again, just like he did from the period he reigned Fortuna, 1st century, to the 20th century when he appeared again.

1. - I meant in reality, not in the game, when priests exorcise demons, they do it in Latin because the demons always spurt out Latin. And, we're discussing Sparda and Eva here - this whole thread is going to be overflowing with speculation, because there are no hard facts to answer my silly questions.

2. - I didn't say Eva tries to fight/kill Sparda. On the contrary, I'd think she would steer clear of him at all costs, which would slim down the chance that they'd meet, and completely eliminate the possibility of them falling in love.

3. - I agree with that whole concept, since that's the conclusion one would come to via the manga. I'm still not budging for the devil hunter idea though. It just doesn't fit, imo.

4. - Sparda lived among humans in peace for 2000 or so years. That's all I know from the games. Was it ever stipulated, word by word, how he died? And what do you mean he disappeared 1st century and returned 20th century? How would that play into the DMC timeline? Dante and Vergil were already born in the 20th century, so how did he knock up Eva if he pulled a Houdini?

DanteMustNotDie

clairavance;199103 said:
1. - I meant in reality, not in the game, when priests exorcise demons, they do it in Latin because the demons always spurt out Latin. And, we're discussing Sparda and Eva here - this whole thread is going to be overflowing with speculation, because there are no hard facts to answer my silly questions.

2. - I didn't say Eva tries to fight/kill Sparda. On the contrary, I'd think she would steer clear of him at all costs, which would slim down the chance that they'd meet, and completely eliminate the possibility of them falling in love.

3. - I agree with that whole concept, since that's the conclusion one would come to via the manga. I'm still not budging for the devil hunter idea though. It just doesn't fit, imo.

4. - Sparda lived among humans in peace for 2000 or so years. That's all I know from the games. Was it ever stipulated, word by word, how he died? And what do you mean he disappeared 1st century and returned 20th century? How would that play into the DMC timeline? Dante and Vergil were already born in the 20th century, so how did he knock up Eva if he pulled a Houdini?

They never actually say that he died. They just say that he sealed away his power, and that his "blood" was used as part of the seal to the demon world in DMC3. But as we saw...you can get blood without dying. Actually looking back, they do say "until his death" in DMC intro. However its a human telling his legend. Legends become distorted, and by sealing himself away its possible humanity considered him to have "died".

I also saw a question about there being more powerful demons than Sparda and Mundus (not from you, it actually may have been another thread but it fits here as it's about his past) and why Mundus would be in charge if Sparda/others were more powerful.

Most of the enemies in the game...are unintelligent. There are strong enemies with weak intellect. So they don't have what it takes to take over and rule. Others probably didn't have the ambition. As we see in DMC3 a lot of the demons have human traits. Some of the bosses say they will "help" Dante by lending their power. They aren't really "evil" and their personalities show how Sparda could have made a switch, because good/evil is not set in stone, even for Demons.

The reason other demons DONT change, is that, they have no reason to. Just like people in real life, if you're born into something and love it...why would you change it? Most likely Sparda was moved by someone/something, and that is what triggered his betrayal of the other demons. I'm 100% sure it's not because they are completely incapable.

As to how they met...we can only speculate. He had been living in the human world a LONG time by that point, and we don't know what he was doing there other than "maintaining peace", or how he was living/where.

Imagine Sparda working at Starbucks :lol:

/endlongcrappypost

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
DanteMustNotDie;199106 said:
Imagine Sparda working at Starbucks :lol:

/endlongcrappypost

That most certainly WAS NOT a crappy post! That was genuine food for thought ^_^

LOL...Starbucks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So he's gone into exile then, is that the general consensus? How many of you guys agree with that? I personally like it (Sparda not dead? WHOOP WHOOP! :D)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^That would be awesome :

"Dante enters starbucks."

Sparda : Welcome dear ca-DANTE?

Dante : DAD?

*Silence...*

Dante : YOU MO*CENCORED*,I"LL F*CENCORED* KILL YOU STUPID BASTARD.
Sparda : No,I can explain,i never divorced with your mo-UAAAAAAHH .*Runs*

That would hilarious.But no i think Sparda is...well dead.Also about the demon change thing,it's evident in the anime too.A lesser[insanelly lesser,complete fodder] demon pulls a Sparda with a hottie.:D Yet,those who killed Eva were intelligent enough to talk.Yet nothing is known about them...

One final note from me at the closed Luce and Ombra : Strangelly what Spardatm says about the guns,is true.There is the same engraving there too.Whether this was an error in DMC1 and became popullar,or Tony Redgrave being Sparda's human name and Dante adopted it,is unknown.I say popullar error though.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
It says in the DMC3 code 1 book that Sparda has disappeared. Where's all this stuff come from about Eva being a sourceress? Why can't she just be a plain human? Sparda changed because he fell in love with a human.

As i know it, Sparda protected the humans from the demons. He stayed in the human world to rule over them...

(Please don't have a go... i'm only saying what think... plus i'm very ill and going to the doctors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom