• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"The game is not challenging"? "Broken Weapons"?

GF9000000Returns

Give me a break! I've been stuck on mission 7 at the third checkpoint on SoS mode since last week. Unless some people are good at timing, I think they don't know what they're talking about. And some old fans wanna call the bosses on DMD mode a joke?

I call it that a strategy to get the madness over with! I haven't gotten to DMD yet (probably will unlock it in early March) but I know most of the weaker demons would be a real pain in the ass, ESPECIALLY with that WITCH!!

Another thing I ask is that why some of the old fans and antis are calling some of the weapons "broken"?In the original games, they had some broken weapons too and they were used to take advantage of some levels in DMD mode. If some of them did that, then why are they hating on this one for that too? Do I smell hypocrisy?

Roshan1702

I survived through SoS, DmD and HaH(without Super Dante) just fine.

Maybe you are just bad at games?

I also don't use cheap tactics, I rarely use Demon Dodge, Angel Evade is more for me.

You just have to be patient.

EDIT: Plus Demon Dodge has already been patched, well for us PC gamers anyway, dunno about console

Dante94513

In that case, would that make DMC4 a bad balance game since I've seen players kill bosses with Pin up with Lucifer and Pandora (not saying I wanted it to be)? If people want to show how the game is broken, how about using weak attacks with weak weapons instead of the strongest gun, demon dodge that could've been upgrade (Which is EXTREMELY overpowered) and DT? That way you know the gameplay is broken.

crush

When people where pointing that demon dodge is overpowered in demo they were called "haters". That patch is pure hypocrisy for me.

Nah, in the demo we thought it was only a rewarding tech since we didn't have DMD and had only one boss to experiment on.
Besides we never thought NT would have added a upgrade to that powerful move. (which I must agree is quite barmy)
The patch was simply needed that's all.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Stop being stupid people. Really. Demon Dodge timing is NOTHING compared to MAX Act. That was a huge power up that could be abused when mastered, but it wasn't easy to just do all the time, you had to mix your game.

Demon Dodge is broken. We've had broken moves before, but nothing like this. Is absurd and is getting patched for a reason.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
As far as I know, there wasn't much broken about the original DMC weapons. Or maybe I just didn't notice because I wasn't actively looking for broken things. Besides, I was playing on the 360, not on the PC. DmC, on the other hand... weeeew. Spamming Arbiter, flying kilometers into the sky, seeing houses without roofs and all that, etc. I suppose jump cancelling in the old DMCs was an exploit that shouldn't have been there, but a lot of people have stated it was put in intentionally. Not sure why Max Act was mentioned. Is it broken?

Ruisu

As far as I know, there wasn't much broken about the original DMC weapons. Or maybe I just didn't notice because I wasn't actively looking for broken things. Besides, I was playing on the 360, not on the PC. DmC, on the other hand... weeeew. Spamming Arbiter, flying kilometers into the sky, seeing houses without roofs and all that, etc. I suppose jump cancelling in the old DMCs was an exploit that shouldn't have been there, but a lot of people have stated it was put in intentionally. Not sure why Max Act was mentioned. Is it broken?

Because Demon Dodge comes more or less from the concept of Max Act, boosting your attacks and such. And it was at least very overpowered, considering you could have a normal combo give you a B for example, and the same combo with max act rise it to SSS pretty quick.
The level 3 Ex Streak, ExShuffle, and Double Down could give you some easy 'SSS' with no need to use any other combo.

If you were playing on automatic, those 3 moves would basically give you a "god mode" nero.
But still, without automatic, the game required you to completely master the timing of your exceed moves, each one with a different moment to use the exceed.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Because Demon Dodge comes more or less from the concept of Max Act, boosting your attacks and such. And it was at least very overpowered, considering you could have a normal combo give you a B for example, and the same combo with max act rise it to SSS pretty quick.
The level 3 Ex Streak, ExShuffle, and Double Down could give you some easy 'SSS' with no need to use any other combo.

If you were playing on automatic, those 3 moves would basically give you a "god mode" nero.
But still, without automatic, the game required you to completely master the timing of your exceed moves, each one with a different moment to use the exceed.

Exactly, which is why I wouldn't consider Exceed or Max Act to be broken. It was pretty damn hard to do, especially on the 360, anyway. Never used Automatic mode, since it always made me do attacks I didn't want to do :lol:

And weapons like Lucifer weren't broken at all. Somebody said it was, I think. If you knew how to use it, then yes, you could be powerful. But nobody uses Lucifer all the time without trying some kind of combo with a different weapon.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
If you're going to use overpowered tactics then the game will be easy like you saw.

But if you refuse to use Demon Dodge, Trinity Smash or DT Kablooey the game is quite challenging.

perspective.

Gotcha understandable. Still though, that was just insane. A weapon shouldn't be that powerful regardless geez :blink:

Ruisu

If you're going to use overpowered tactics then the game will be easy like you saw.

But if you refuse to use Demon Dodge, Trinity Smash or DT Kablooey the game is quite challenging.

perspective.

Trinity Smash isn't really that deal breaker. It's quite strong but it lock's you into place and has a rather short range. Not sure if Kablooey is that much of a game breaker without demon dodge since I don't really use it that much.
I actually like E&I much more than the other guns, they already shoot as fast as Two-some Time, if you could shoot them in more than one direction, that would be perfect.

With the patch. 1:28
You know what, it can't really be helped. Damn bosses with their easy weakspots.

Top Bottom