• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"The game is not challenging"? "Broken Weapons"?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
tumblr_mhlpidZdSQ1qfcqfdo1_500.png

Yes. This is my expression to this thread.

You humans are so predictable. See, this is why I should rule over all of you. -_-

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
I can say a few things about weapons and buffs in this game, on a non bias point of view at that:

*We get 5 weapons to choose from at any point in time
*We can use all weapons to combine combos from other weapons when switching
*Some weapons are forced upon us to use vs certain enemies though usually there are multiple of different colored enemies to fight at such times so it keeps you switching if you want to keep your distance and awesomeness
*Demon evade/dodge is a bit overpowered and can be stacked twice(you notice the difference in red animation around your arms each time you dodge).
*DT multiplies your Demon Dodge too so I can't say it's OP since it makes sense but it still makes u crazy strong so in the end you may see it as OP
*Guns can be charged easily while doing many other acts since we are allowed to change our bindings
*Guns specials can be detonated or used easily due to us being allowing to change the bindings
*camera view enables easy combat vs the hard enemy waves. To elaborate you can just move your default joystick to look the other way AND you can use-the other joystick(which I always use) to also pinpoint exactly where you wish to see to exclude various enemies that may be problematic.

Note: I do not have a problem with any of this what so ever besides the Demon Dodge which seems a little too strong in my opinion. Like I have said in previous threads since SoS difficulty I gave up: Demon dodge, DT and items. So if any of these things are a problem or handicap to people with issues of them just forsake them like I did and I doubt you will have any more complaints.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Anyway, I'd say Demon Doge is pretty broken. But then again it's not like it's that big of a deal to me. When I wanna use demon dodge and DT, I will. Doesn't mean I'm gonna use it every time I fight a boss. That's like using infinite quicksilver with Sparda's DT, or doing that super uppercut with DT, or using DT with stinger in DMC4. Just because I CAN do it, doesn't mean I HAVE to do it. That's not called being broken, that's called Capcom giving you a bone for being so p*ssy that you can't even defeat a boss with out an OP scapegoat (AKA DT + super attack).:lol:

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I will admit that the game isn't as overly difficult as the others, but really, what does difficult truly mean? The point of getting better at something is that eventually difficult becomes normal, and normal becomes easy. A task will never stay hard if You stick at it and learn the ins and outs.

If someone threw You into the the front lobby of Mundus' tower against the 2 Dreamrunners and the Witch on Mission 16 ('The Plan'), with no prior experience on how to deal with both enemy types effectively, You'd eat the controller.

I would liken it to Dark Souls actually, hyped up as a ball-crunchingly difficult game, but it's knowledge and prior experience that wins the day, there's no difference with DmC -- or any DMC.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
People seem to forget how insanely easy it was to gain devil trigger meter in DMC3 and abuse the devil trigger flux and also the grenade launcher spammage in DMC1. Let's not forget that we could camp in the back left corner and spam cerberus to death with the spiral without fear of ever getting hit by anything besides the falling ice crystals(Which can be blocked by using the shield move from cerberus anyway)

Martius

SSSmokin!
People seem to forget how insanely easy it was to gain devil trigger meter in DMC3 and abuse the devil trigger flux and also the grenade launcher spammage in DMC1. Let's not forget that we could camp in the back left corner and spam cerberus to death with the spiral without fear of ever getting hit by anything besides the falling ice crystals(Which can be blocked by using the shield move from cerberus anyway)
I thought game developers should learn on mistakes made in earlier games in series.

Soupie

Demon Evade doesn't do much damage now without DT on and same vice versa. The only problem now really is combination as well as the bosses.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
In 3 and 4. After playing whole 4 games from original series i can tell difference. In 2 DT was too strong, with shooting you could bring down every enemy very fast,
Dante's DT in DMC4 was pretty broken. His giga drill breaker literally plows through everything. At least in DmC it takes you forever to build your DT meter.

Top Bottom