• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Catscans in the trailer- anybody have theories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UZUDAE

I've been wracking my brain over them, and trying to think of what they mean. There's a lot of possibilities, most interesting in my opinion being that Limbo city could be a place that doesn't actually exist. It could be a delusion.

That's just one of many theories I've heard buzz over, what does everyone else think?

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
There was catscans?

I kind of stop paying attention to the trailer once I saw Donte.

Dominus

DemonDream;291240 said:
where were the catscans at?

They were in the interrogation scenes I believe (or psychoanalysis scenes?).. TBH I think they probably don't mean anything (other than their use for analyzing his brain), unless they have some twist that he is actually crazy/schizophrenic.. We also don't know if the plot might center around him being in and out of a mental health facility (that secretly is controlled by demons?) where they are trying to understand why he is the way he is.........

UZUDAE

Sure, eventually he helped stop Sanctus, but completing a job doesn't mean being mature about it. He just acted like a child through the entire thing really.

They appear in a 1-2 second flash around the part of the trailer where Dante clutches his head in pain. That's why I think they're suggesting he's not all there mentally in this game. Dominus you're very right though, not nearly enough info to go on yet

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium
I just re-watched it. I agree with Dominus that's there is not much info to talk about. I like to think that the catscan they gave him was to scan his brain to get information from him or something.

UZUDAE

Yeah, Dominus has a very good point about it, I think that's the general stance we should all take on DmC

consider everything with a grain of salt

still though...the possibilities are so interesting

moseslmpg

All I know is that a birthdate is mentioned on the documentation along with the scans. I believe it was March 1989.

The CAT scans are normal though. Someone took them to their science teacher or something, and they confirmed nothing abnormal about them.

Asmodaius

There's been a great long thread about this topic already though. Try look up some of the theories there. ^^

UZUDAE

The CAT scans are normal though. Someone took them to their science teacher or something, and they confirmed nothing abnormal about them.

Ah, so then its a red herring. OR maybe we should keep in mind that this is a video game. It could still have something to do with a mental illness and the catscans might not be 100% medically accurate. I mean their video game designers, not doctors lol

I say its too early to tell. Just fun to talk about

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
having rewatched the trailer today (i can't decide if it's worth investigating the song further) i've got a rough theory figured out.
pretty sure it's been mentioned before, but i don't think he's really being held captive in the room. you'll notice while he's running around whatever city it is and killing everything, he stops to hold his head in pain and then it syncs him with the one being interrogated.

i think he's having an identity crisis. it's consistent with the whole redyed hair thing. when he's being interrogated, it's not actually happening. it's sort of a symbolic depiction of his resistance to who he is, which he's resisting (hence trying to shut it out, not answering...not until the end of the trailer).

that doesn't really fit with the whole "subject xxxxx" appearing on screen bit, the camera footage, or the voice but those could all just be things on his mind that worked their way into the hallucination. elements of his conscious or subconscious .

course it could also be the other way around. the fighting is all in the restrained dante's head, but not as likely.

SIGMUND%20FREUD_20080205_161641.JPG

moseslmpg;291546 said:
All I know is that a birthdate is mentioned on the documentation along with the scans. I believe it was March 1989.

If that's the case, and if this game takes place in the current era (2010/2011 to be precise,) then that make him around 21-22 years old. Which seems kind of odd if this is supposed to be direct prequel, since the old Dante was around 19 when DMC3 happened, I think?

It seems more and more likely that this game is a total reboot than a prequel with heavily retconned backstory.

moseslmpg

No they aren't, because the catscans are normal. Try not to make such authoritative statements without any evidence to back them up.

Chrysander

I highly doubt the the developers know anything about scans of this kind, or would do any research into them, they just thought it would look cool. Regardless of what those scans would really mean, I don't think it will necessarily correlate to anything in the game

moseslmpg;293018 said:
No they aren't, because the catscans are normal. Try not to make such authoritative statements without any evidence to back them up.

If that's the case, and if the developers were actually paying attention to such scientific details, then this also eliminates the theories that this new Dante may be a little wacko, or that he's just a random, schizophrenic guy who think's that he's Dante.

...Unless if these scans were created before some traumatic event that happens in the game or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom