• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

the best rpg game ever created??

well this is a thread for the best rpg game ever created i made this thread since im looking for good rpg games and i want some opinions here:)

aka958

Don't trust people
So many... Final fantasy is turn based and if you want a turn based play final fantasy. it has such ownage story fantastic gameplay and much more. just don't play FF8 then cause in the end it isn't even funny anymore and just confusing storyline and to fast storyline...
if you want a more real time fighting with swords and such things without turn based style you should really play The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
But beware you don't have many characters and not nice story that's more for adventuring

well i played final fanyasy x and FFXII they both were good i hear a lot about FFVI but i never had the occasion to try it and i cant get a ps1 now so i dont have any idea on how i can try it

aka958

Don't trust people
check on youtube.
gameplay movies that showes how the game is for those who wonders :p

well i dont care much about gameplay what i like in an rpg game is the storyline so i hope the story of FFVI is really worth its legendary reputation

aka958

Don't trust people
FFVII or FFVI? as i remember i don't think FFVI is on a ps... are you talking about the one with cloud, Sephiroth and company?
if you mean that one i think you should play FFVII Crisis Core for PsP i saw the whole story on youtube cause im low on money and it was wonderful!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Fable/Fable TLC, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Fallout 3, FF10

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Angel;135095 said:
Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Fable/Fable TLC, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Fallout 3, FF10

Ditto, you see, while the Final Fantasy series is great, I wouldn't REALLY call it an RPG in the standard sense of the word, a true RPG allows for high levels of character customisation, IE: Editing their looks and appearence, name, deciding on what path they take through the game, whether they're good or evil and all that sort of thing.

Don't get me wrong, I love the FF series, FF7 quite resolutely sits in my top 5 games of all time, but in terms of RPG standards, I'd put Fable above it, simply because it actually does justice to its genre, it allows you to roleplay, whereas the FF series forces you to follow a linear storyline with no roleplay ability whatsoever.

-Expects flames-

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
No flames from me - I'm not a big JRPG fan anymore since I got into what I consider the REAL RPG's offering full customisation, free roam etc - but they are almost a genre in themselves, I guess - hence the prefix of J.

Final Fantasy 10 was the first game I ever played of its kind and I loved it but once Fable got its claws in me I found I preferred those sorts of RPG's above all other kinds.

aka958

Don't trust people
I really loved FFX i played so all my chars had half sphere grid full... but i had a disc that almost was total destroyed and i could play only and only in omega ruins so i played 20 hours of the game just in omega ruins T_T
that game is a fun game and it is an rpg as far as i know. but games like Oblivion it is more like an MMORPG (im just talking from experience and from what i've seen and heard and im writing it here cause im feeling stupid when im wrong) and fable is a little of both (Remember what i said there also!!!)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
^ There's a difference though, JRPGs tend to focus more on the story, whereas RPGs, or at least, Western RPGs focus more on the spectacle, the whole character customisation, giving you freedom in the gaming world and just letting you do your own thing.

That's what I consider to be a real RPG, JRPGs and RPGs are two entirely seperate genres with two entirely seperate play styles, technically, it's a bit of a trick question, when someone says to me "RPG" I always thing of things like Fable and Oblivion, because things like Final Fantasy are JRPGs, and have a different way of playing out the game.

Although I'd like to know, just out of interest, what gives you the impression that Oblivion is more like an MMO?

Top Bottom