• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Batman

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
EXln-SNVWk-AYVf94.jpg

13.jpg

e25c6bf0-12b8-4b6c-9444-f3b1290b34c3.jpg

JHCS-5-C1-C4-1078x516.jpg

@absolitude I wouldn't mind this take on Joker fighting Pattinson's batman.

It's from the out of continuity comic.

51-Opoa-QI-t-L-SX260.jpg

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Never knew this kind of joker exist in the comics.. I'd imagine this joker is an anarchist and a bit of a fighter too.

Was leto's based on this?
Sort-of. Suicide Squad [film] was that, but lighter. They're gearing up to go crazy with the idea, but the new "The Batman" story isn't going to have this version of Joker. You have to remember that it's based around the idea that Batman is coming onto his own. Joker in "Gotham" was deranged, but in there, he wasn't the same Joker we saw in "The Joker." In that film, Joker is becoming THE Joker. I think in the new "The Suicide Squad" we'll start to see the real Joker/Harley Quinn we see in that comic @V's patron just posted.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I think in the new "The Suicide Squad" we'll start to see the real Joker/Harley Quinn we see in that comic @V's patron just posted.

Not sure about the suicide squad one, cuz they seem to go a more "cuckoo/comedic" direction, while the one V'spatron posted seemed more gritty, grounded, serious tone by the looks of it.

But yeah, Harley's suit in that comic does resembles the one she uses in the new SS

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Never knew this kind of joker exist in the comics.. I'd imagine this joker is an anarchist and a bit of a fighter too.

Was leto's based on this?
I dont think so. This comic came out after the movie.

This take on Joker is a man named John Kelly. He is known for killing abusive fathers. Despite being a wanted serial killer, he is seen by the public as an urban legend or neccessary evil. My interest in him is he feels like a "Year One" take on the Joker. So it would be interesting for him to go up against Pattinson's Batman.

He isn't an anarchist but i could see him becoming one.

The beauty of the Joker is he doesn't really have a backstory so you could just create your own.

@Carlos i doubt it but who really knows at this point. DC's movie continuity is becoming as messy as its comic continuity.

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Not sure about the suicide squad one, cuz they seem to go a more "cuckoo/comedic" direction, while the one V'spatron posted seemed more gritty, grounded, serious tone by the looks of it.

But yeah, Harley's suit in that comic does resembles the one she uses in the new SS
The original "Suicide Squad" film was exactly what you were saying that, "cuckoo/comedic" direction. The new one, "The Suicide Squad" seems to be going towards the other spectrum, the serious, deranged, crazy Joker/Harley Quinn character. It's obvious, they learned from the first film, and started with "The Joker" to go dark.
The beauty of the Joker is he doesn't really have a backstory so you could just create your own.

@Carlos i doubt it but who really knows at this point. DC's movie continuity is becoming as messy as its comic continuity.
It's not about continuity. It's about where the directors are going. Ever since they tested Suicide Squad, they learned hard lessons. Put it this way: Deadpool sold pretty damn well, that it greenlit the second film. Deadpool 2 didn't sell like the first one, because they went crazy with the gay jokes. So, Deadpool 3 has to nail and knock it out of the park, or they will not greenlit the next one. So, back to Batman: After The Dark Knight Rises, parent company DC says "we gotta go this way." Then, after that, "The Joker" got greenlit, it was dark, and sold so well that they said "Okay, we need to go this way." I think "The Suicide Squad" and "The Batman" was greenlit to feed onto this market.

And it's good that Joker has this "blank slate" story. However, I like "The Joker" storyline because it really completes the "Batman" (1989) storyline. As a kid, I never understood the beginning... so when I saw "The Joker." It was a 30 year mystery, solved for me.

Watching "The Joker" was really intense for me. I had spine chills, I had body chills... man... that was sublime.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
01-Anarky-header.jpg

I'd **** off all the Robin fans and adapt him instead. Anarky would function as a pseudo-Robin as Pattinson's Batman ain't ready to be a father figure. Anarky is driven by a philosophy than a personal tragedy. He would join Batman because he is looking for a teacher than a father. So we could give Pattinson"s Bruce a taste of being a teacher without dealing with the parent drama.

Plus Anarky's creator was gonna pitch him as the next Robin before Marv Wolfman pitched Tim Drake so it fits.

I'd save a more traditional take on Robin/Batgirl for Affleck's Batman.

absolitude

I'm scared that it is what it is, that i have been spoiled.. damn you..

The original "Suicide Squad" film was exactly what you were saying that, "cuckoo/comedic" direction. The new one, "The Suicide Squad" seems to be going towards the other spectrum, the serious, deranged, crazy Joker/Harley Quinn character. It's obvious, they learned from the first film, and started with "The Joker" to go dark.

It's not about continuity. It's about where the directors are going. Ever since they tested Suicide Squad, they learned hard lessons. Put it this way: Deadpool sold pretty damn well, that it greenlit the second film. Deadpool 2 didn't sell like the first one, because they went crazy with the gay jokes. So, Deadpool 3 has to nail and knock it out of the park, or they will not greenlit the next one. So, back to Batman: After The Dark Knight Rises, parent company DC says "we gotta go this way." Then, after that, "The Joker" got greenlit, it was dark, and sold so well that they said "Okay, we need to go this way." I think "The Suicide Squad" and "The Batman" was greenlit to feed onto this market.

And it's good that Joker has this "blank slate" story. However, I like "The Joker" storyline because it really completes the "Batman" (1989) storyline. As a kid, I never understood the beginning... so when I saw "The Joker." It was a 30 year mystery, solved for me.

Watching "The Joker" was really intense for me. I had spine chills, I had body chills... man... that was sublime.

Well the original SS was gritty, grounded in tone and was supposed to be serious, as to be expected with ayer helming it and fitting for the joker and harley posted by V'spatron. But ofc it ended up dumb and allover the place.

And i might have worded it wrong, the upcoming SS is going more "comical"

01-Anarky-header.jpg

I'd **** off all the Robin fans and adapt him instead. Anarky would function as a pseudo-Robin as Pattinson's Batman ain't ready to be a father figure. Anarky is driven by a philosophy than a personal tragedy. He would join Batman because he is looking for a teacher than a father. So we could give Pattinson"s Bruce a taste of being a teacher without dealing with the parent drama.

Plus Anarky's creator was gonna pitch him as the next Robin before Marv Wolfman pitched Tim Drake so it fits.

I'd save a more traditional take on Robin/Batgirl for Affleck's Batman.

this is appealing

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

An upcoming Batman comic miniseries that's written by the movie's screenwriter Mattson Tomlin and the art is by Andrea Sorrentino.

It's not confirmed but I thought it was a tie in to the movie.

absolitude

An upcoming Batman comic miniseries that's written by the movie's screenwriter Mattson Tomlin and the art is by Andrea Sorrentino.

It's not confirmed but I thought it was a tie in to the movie.

The art style is definitely beautiful. But i don't think it's related to the movie.

Top Bottom