• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The 20th Anniversary is Upon Us.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Wait... does this also explain why I never saw my older brother play DMC...
Like I mentioned way back, my older brother and I were on and off with the series back then. Him even more so. He's only ever completed DMC4, and that's about it. Every time he tried starting a new game, would get bored and play something else.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Like I mentioned way back, my older brother and I were on and off with the series back then. Him even more so. He's only ever completed DMC4, and that's about it. Every time he tried starting a new game, would get bored and play something else.
If I remember correctly, my brother was more of a completionist that time.

But he surely wasn't too patient with dying :D
(And he hated it when his 7yo little sister, aka me, kept guiding him with stuff like "Try not to die next time"... yea that's useful advice, thanks sis :ROFL:)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Lol no he thought it was just a shooter, didn't like slash elements
I know it was 2001 and everything, but you think he would read an article/review, or look at some gameplay clips that are posted on different websites at the time. Hell, go to the main website itself at the time. Even my brother and I knew we were dealing with a hack and slash game.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
In 2001 he was 25 and a casual gamer, magazines and reviews werent his method of choosing games

The box art was, and it showed guns lol
I've known plenty of people who've made that mistake, regardless of the game and assumed it was something else based off a looks. I appreciate good box art as the next person, but I learned to stop doing that by the end of the PS1 era. Keep in mind, during the fall season of 2001, I was 12.

Still though, you would think that checking the front or the back would say otherwise. I'm not sure how he not noticed the big freaking sword on the front of the cover. Oh well, errors were made.

Top Bottom