• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

TGS 2015... maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Pardon me but these are the games that'll have their own booths or stages and all of those games were announced months ago. There will be new announcements guaranteed even if DMC isn't among them.
I heard it last time with E3 and they didnt showed anything new. Plus some of those aren't games that have booths as articles stated

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
@Innsmouth @Foxtrot94
Correction: Booths or stages or livestreams or playable areas.

No new announcement there, mind you. Those are the games that'll have a display at the event.

For example those were the games in Capcom's line up in TGS 2010:
  • Dead Rising 2 (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds(PS3, Xbox 360)
  • MonHun Nikki: Poka Poka Airu (Ailu) Mura(Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Airu Village) (PSP)
  • Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP)
  • Okamiden (DS)
  • Sengoku Basara 3 (Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes) (PS3, Wii)
And as we know there were a few announcements there such as DmC: Devil May Cry, Asura's Wrath and Dead Rising 2: Case West. There are various other examples for every year, you look for them. And it's the same case for every E3 too. We had Final Fantasy 7 remake, Shenmue 3, NieR 2, Dishonored 2 this year, none where in the previously announced line up lists.

I'm not saying there must be new announcements but there will be. This is how these events work.

Frazz

General gamer
I hope there will be an announcement of a fifth game but considering that the series' future was considered "unconfirmed" about one month ago they probably still haven't decided what to do. Even if they have a month isn't enough time to slap something together to be shown at TGS, not even a CGI trailer so I heavily doubt we'll get anything. Hopefully I'm wrong but when it comes to Capcom I rarely am as they disappoint fans with clockwork regularity.

Also considering they announced the RE2 remake before TGS then I doubt any new announcements will be made at TGS.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
It was pretty weird to expect DMC5 to appear at TGS, considering they only just said that the future of the series is uncertain (which could mean anything, btw). It could mean they're tired of DMC for the moment, and heck, it could simply mean they have no ideas for DMC5's story and/or gameplay yet. For all we know, they're trying to steer clear of Devil May Cry for now, because it's not guaranteed to make them a huge profit (well, not like their run of remasters and remakes, anyway). It could also be that Devil May Cry (or Capcom themselves, probably) has negativity surrounding it that needs to cool down a little bit more, otherwise people might not have faith in DMC5.

From what I've seen in DMC4 SE -- and from Itsuno and Kobayashi's statements -- it seems clear that DMC5 WILL be developed and announced at some point. So it wasn't teased at TGS, big deal. Why does it always have to be either the best or the worst case scenario? Every time DMC5 doesn't appear somewhere, it's ''OH NOES, DMC IS DEAD (AGAIN)!!'' By that logic, I could rant about many game series being dead just because I didn't get a game within a year. So calm down. Nobody said anything about DMC being dead or being likely to be dead.
As I said, Itsuno, Kobayashi and DMC4 SE actually implied DMC is far from dead -- that they'll actually return to it eventually. Why would I assume they're just lying? And are we so spoiled we can't wait even another year? Capcom considers DmC part of the Devil May Cry franchise, meaning the last Devil May Cry was from two years ago, not eight.
I'm also kind of hopeful about it, considering Capcom appears to be on the right track, judging from some of their recent decisions.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
We have to remember too a lot of DMC team members left Capcom after DMC4.
It's not that easy to put together a team to continue the series and no, Itsuno alone can't do anything about it ( forget Kobayashi, he ruined it) ; they have a lot to do and to think.
They said themselves DMC was getting stale, so we need to give them time to put themselves together and decide what they want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom