• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tameem possibly working on RE7

Dante47

why would we have a random generic character as a main character instead of following the main characters, sorry but the re universe doesn't need its own nero
Who said anything about being "generic?"
So, just because they are new characters, they are generic? What?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I rather he not do it and just focus on ip's the team already created or new ips the team will create. Its less baggage.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
the game's story and characters have evolved to the point that it can't be a slow paced corridor horror shooter with limited ammo anymore, why would chris and piers get limited ammo if they are literally "getting paid the big bucks" to deal with this stuff and are fully capable of dealing with them
this you guys have to admit that the virus will eventually get stronger and will give the infected ability to use guns and what not

God no. If them make a new RE game and have a new character the won't make them into a 'Ashley' type character.
that was the scariest parts of RE4 where you have to protect Assley

AlchemistFromEden

that was the scariest parts of RE4 where you have to protect Assley
i definitely didn't find that scary, the one audio clip for her calling leon didn't help either

Who said anything about being "generic?"
So, just because they are new characters, they are generic? What?
every meaningful archetype is already there in resident evil's cast of characters, just adding another would be too much and he or she would probably be pretty uninteresting

Frazz

General gamer
The thing about having Ashley was to have the player think more tactically. I think RE needs to be similar to the upcoming "The Last of Us" - which looks amazing and it has actual survival horror elements like health kits being craftable using scarcer resources and the player never has more than a full magazine from what I have seen.

EllDawn

Ashley added a lot to the game actually.
For me all she added was a character I wanted to kill, but couldn't because it meant losing. I would have been more tolerant if she actually tried to kick and punch her way out every time she was grabbed instead of just calling to Leon for help.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
For me all she added was a character I wanted to kill, but couldn't because it meant losing. I would have been more tolerant if she actually tried to kick and punch her way out every time she was grabbed instead of just calling to Leon for help.
I think she's why Manuela wasn't such a pain. If RE4 had had a character like her instead in it, it probably wouldn't have been so bad.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
If Ashley was in RE7 why do people assume she'd serve the same role as in 4 i mean look at Sherry she was worse then Ashley I mean if you ran to fast she would stop following you and squat making it impossible for you to go anywhere until you went back and got her but 6 she was a totally different character, I mean yeah I hated her character in 6 but atleast it wasn't like in 2. Heck in the beginning people thought Sherry WAS Ashley I mean it would be alot cooler imo

Well. The whole point why I think she added to the game was because she was defenseless and you had to try your best to protect yourself and her from a village that's out to kill you.

In the next 2 installments you are partnered up with people who have been in the same situations as you or more or less the same scenario and they are combat savvy. They also hand you ammo and health whenever they can trying to keep you alive.

Never felt like I was in any danger, and a sense of danger has always been a thing in previous Resident Evil games. It's just how I saw it.

Top Bottom