• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sucker punch new IP Ghost of Tsushima.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The only game in the series I've tested it with is Dawn of Dreams, but it should be there in the options somewhere. Gaijin Gamer states that all the Onimusha games have this option. Just cycle through the Options until you find the Kanji character for "Eigo" or "English language" which looks like this: 英語
Apparently the only two games that have multi league support are 1 and 4. I only played 1 for half an hour in school when a friend brought in his, at the time, kick ass new PS2 to math class so I’m playing it right now, since I popped in the disc to check for languages settings. OniMusha 1 does have English/Japanese settings. No Spanish but I guess I can deal.

I contacted Capcom to ask them if it’s possible to play the game with English text and Japanese audio. Any version that supports it. The most likely possibility, I’m guessing, is going to be the Asian PC version, but I finally found a play through in Japanese and that is not Jean Reno speaking Japanese, like, blatantly clearly not him. I also don’t think there’s a French dub so Reno’s part might be the same in every version. Just those few lines.

On topic. PSX is in less than a month so maybe a bit of gameplay will tell us if we should be exited or not.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That's weird. I got different info on the forum.
This is what the menu looks like.
OoHYbTa.png

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
This is what the menu looks like.
OoHYbTa.png
That setting in the first row at the top is "Subtitles", but the option it's set on is "On", which may lead me to believe that the only setting is Off/On for Japanese subtitles. Cycle through that and see if there's an English (英語) option. If not, I don't know what to tell you.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That setting in the first row at the top is "Subtitles", but the option it's set on is "On", which may lead me to believe that the only setting is Off/On for Japanese subtitles. Cycle through that and see if there's an English (英語) option. If not, I don't know what to tell you.
I already have, repeatedly. The setting isn't there on any version. Whoever put all 4 games on that list might've just assumed it was so based on 1 and 4. I do remember 4 had Japanese settings because when I played it the Japanese voice actors had terrible and completely illegible spanish accents. I'll be giving 2 a try one of these days so I can see if that one has the option or not.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm... not a whole lot of new information there.

Glad to see they're aware of people wanting a JPN dub. :thumbsup:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I already have, repeatedly. The setting isn't there on any version. Whoever put all 4 games on that list might've just assumed it was so based on 1 and 4. I do remember 4 had Japanese settings because when I played it the Japanese voice actors had terrible and completely illegible spanish accents. I'll be giving 2 a try one of these days so I can see if that one has the option or not.
So, I understand this is an extremely late response to an unrelated topic on this thread, but I've found a fanmade ISO of Onimusha 3: Demon Siege that claims to be "undubbed." I'm downloading the roms currently, to see for myself if they're legit.

Top Bottom