• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

still the most in depth combat system in any character action game

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
GoW borrowed from original castlevanias, making whole complaint about how LoS copied GoW complete ignorant. Though LoS combat system could be a little bit responsive + upgrades could have make more impact.
If it's better combat you want, you should play Lords of Shadow 2. MercurySteam put a lot of time into ironing out the combat system in that game...too bad they left everything else go to waste.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
If it's better combat you want, you should play Lords of Shadow 2. MercurySteam put a lot of time into ironing out the combat system in that game...too bad they left everything else go to waste.
I know. I completed both. LoS2 had great potential, but it fell victim to underdeveloped plot and attempt to make connection to original game.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Mount&Blade Warband had an interesting combat system, but even that was far from complexity of DMC4s combat system... not to mention that it felt sluggish.

berto

I Saw the Devil
GodHand. That and Bayonetta. DMC4 ha a good combat system but it wasn't the best or greatest. It is up there but Bayonetta does beat it in terms of depth, mostly because, as I've mentioned with DmC, there are a lot of things you can do in Bayonetta what you can't do in DMC4 but very little you can in DMC4 that you can't in Bayonetta.

Last edited:
Top Bottom