• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SPOILER: Rebellion...

Kishido

Hunter
OK it is broken... BUt maybe it will come back and we finally will see the tue power of it.

Until now it never was special at all... Yamato is some super mega sword and not even talking about Sparda.

Only Rebellion is "boring" compared to them in terms of abilties...

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Since Yamato was broken in two but repaired during DMC4 I have no doubt that Dante will find some way to fix it by the end of 5.

DMC

Devil May Cry
Seems like nero is gonna have to save dante... Seeing the spoiler it seems like it... Im just guessing

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It wasn't "boring" per say. Rebellion had its own unique qualities. It connected to Dante to the point that it goes back to him if he becons it. It allows Dante to release sonic waves at will.

so since the rebelion is broken, is that like a secret message that dmc5 is taking place after dmc 2 cause if rebelion isent restored, that would mean that 5 takes place after 2

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well that last trailer has Dante show up on the bike with no Rebellion I guess he might've been coming out of hell or wherever he was with either a new ride or a bike he had before and no Rebellion.

Also promo art with Dante has Rebellion and it has markings that were never there before.

7b81aa082835ea7fb43c438dfb3de0cd.jpg

Although in the leaked videos Rebellion did seem to have the same markings even before it was destroyed. So who knows.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Wasn't the Yamato broken once? How'd that turn out?
Just saying, don't worry about it too much. We got a few days till the new footage is released, 15 days, to be exact. We'll see more of Dante and his sword then.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
The Rebellion will definitely be getting repaired at some point in the game I'm sure of it.

And even if it did not there is still the Force Edge which IMO has been lacking in love since DMC1 since during that game it was his go to sword then, I would love to see him storywise finally go back to the Force Edge/Sparda sword since he has not used it in the canon since DMC1.
Force Edge was his go to sword in DMC1 and we never really got a reason as to why he ditched it storywise in DMC anime,DMC4, and DMC2, and now DMC5.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Wasn't the Yamato broken once? How'd that turn out?
Just saying, don't worry about it too much. We got a few days till the new footage is released, 15 days, to be exact. We'll see more of Dante and his sword then.

True but Yamato only broke in two. Rebellion shattered into a lot of pieces but it will probably be repaired.

The Rebellion will definitely be getting repaired at some point in the game I'm sure of it.

And even if it did not there is still the Force Edge which IMO has been lacking in love since DMC1 since during that game it was his go to sword then, I would love to see him storywise finally go back to the Force Edge/Sparda sword since he has not used it in the canon since DMC1.

Getting Force Edge was the main plot point in DMC3 and it was given to and used by the bad guys in DMC4.

berto

I Saw the Devil
True but Yamato only broke in two. Rebellion shattered into a lot of pieces but it will probably be repaired.
I don't think repair is the right word. They didn't exactly take the Yamato to the local blacksmith who said, yeah, we can do this. Yamato bound itself back together and the Rebellion provably can, too, be it 2 or a thousand pieces.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Getting Force Edge was the main plot point in DMC3 and it was given to and used by the bad guys in DMC4.

You apparently overlooked or maybe misunderstood a certain part of my post so let me post it again,

I would love to see him storywise finally go back to the Force Edge/Sparda sword since he has not used it in the canon since DMC1.

To explain I'm talking about STRICTLY FROM A STORY STANDPOINT about how Dante has not wielded the Force Edge/Sparda sword in combat since DMC1. DMC3 is before DMC1's story and DMC4 only had the Sparda sword strictly as a plotpoint with Dante not even getting to use it in combat.

DarkSlayerVergil

You apparently overlooked or maybe misunderstood a certain part of my post so let me post it again,

To explain I'm talking about STRICTLY FROM A STORY STANDPOINT about how Dante has not wielded the Force Edge/Sparda sword in combat since DMC1. DMC3 is before DMC1's story and DMC4 only had the Sparda sword strictly as a plotpoint with Dante not even getting to use it in combat.
S8kMiqRl.jpg

Isn't this Sparda he's wielding on the cover?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
To explain I'm talking about STRICTLY FROM A STORY STANDPOINT about how Dante has not wielded the Force Edge/Sparda sword in combat since DMC1

First of all, Force Edge doesn't exist anymore, it's Sparda now. And my guess is that probably he doesn't want to risk bad guys taking the most powerful weapon ever from him in case he gets defeated.

Tbh I'm glad. I find Sparda to be horrendous in terms of looks and I'll take Rebellion over it any day of the week. If he has to get a replacement sword from DMC1, I'd rather have him get Alastor back instead of Sparda.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
First of all, Force Edge doesn't exist anymore, it's Sparda now. And my guess is that probably he doesn't want to risk bad guys taking the most powerful weapon ever from him in case he gets defeated.

Tbh I'm glad. I find Sparda to be horrendous in terms of looks and I'll take Rebellion over it any day of the week. If he has to get a replacement sword from DMC1, I'd rather have him get Alastor back instead of Sparda.

Of course I know Force Edge is Sparda now, hence why I said Force Edge/Sparda (notice the / part) sword, either way my point still stands since the Sparda sword was still used as his main sword after the Force Edge transformation during the remainder of the events of DMC1.

Its cool if you don't like the design, I for one think it looks badazz and given its power, all around better stinger attack, fact that it was once Dante's main sword before, and how I think it looks great with Dante I still stand by it being the perfect would be replacement to the Rebellion should it not get repaired of course.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Tbh I'm glad. I find Sparda to be horrendous in terms of looks and I'll take Rebellion over it any day of the week.
LOL WHAT!? you gotta be kidding me, its the coolest looking sword in all of DMC. Sparda sword is inspired by the old design of Soul Edge. DMC1's design was by far the best, it had a fleshy texture to it and it just emanated raw power.

Rebellion IMO is the lamest sword dante has and i'm glad its gone, its like Sparda gave dante the worst sword he had because he ran out of all the good swords to give. Yamato cuts through freaking dimensions and what can rebellion do? nothing dante can't do using any other ordinary sword. Sparda doubles as a Spear, Scythe and a Sword. Gameplay wise, Sparda has way more interesting things that can be done, like launching far away enemies into the air with scythe and then ramming them down with the spear Or doing a million stab with the spear and then following it up with the scythe combo from DmC.

Last edited:

DarkSlayerVergil

LOL WHAT!? you gotta be kidding me, its the coolest looking sword in all of DMC. Sparda sword is inspired by the old design of Soul Edge. DMC1's design was by far the best, it had a fleshy texture to it and it just emanated raw power.

Rebellion IMO is the lamest sword dante has and i'm glad its gone, its like Sparda gave dante the worst sword he had because he ran out of all the good swords to give. Yamato cuts through freaking dimensions and what can rebellion do? nothing dante can't do using any other ordinary sword. Sparda doubles as a Spear, Scythe and a Sword. Gameplay wise, Sparda has way more interesting things that can be done, like launching far away enemies into the air with scythe and then ramming them down with the spear Or doing a million stab with the spear and then using the scythe combo from DmC.
Yea compared to the other weapons Rebellions kinda of meh. Imho Dante should of wielded Sparda from DMC1 onwards with rebellion only being used in DMC3 as a metaphor for Dante choosing to rebel against demons out of the sake of humanity.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
you gotta be kidding me

No I'm not. I don't like the exaggerated blade size and how it looks like it's covered in some kind of... I dunno how to describe it, some kind of dry fecal matter, whatever that brown stuff is, coating that ridiculously massive blade. I just find it ugly as all hell, pun intended. Fleshy texture you called it, well, I don't like it one bit.
I like Force Edge a lot more and the only thing I like about Sparda is its morphing ability, certainly not its looks. It's such a shame that all those moves based on that ability have to be tied to such an ugly weapon, imo. But we're talking about looks anyway, not gameplay.

I prefer Rebellion for its skeleton motif and its slicker design, especially the DMC2 version, which is seemingly the one they're inspired by in this game. If Rebellion is gone for good, then I'd much rather have Dante dust off Alastor instead of Sparda as its main sword. Especially if that means getting Air Raid back.

But this is my own personal taste, I don't get why you people get so worked up over it. It's not like I'm selling my opinion as objective truth of anything like that, I think I've worded my thoughts in a pretty subjective manner. And at the end of the day, Capcom is gonna do whatever they want and arm Dante with whatever they want. If it's gonna be Sparda, then so be it, I'll just have a brief sigh and keep enjoying the game regardless.

Last edited:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
No I'm not. I don't like the exaggerated blade size
lol Rebellion isn't exactly a practical looking sword, wielding it would give you a shoulder dislocation. DMC is all about using impractical looking weapons, like nero's motorcycle sword or dante's LITERAL motorcycle chainsaw sword.
and how it looks like it's covered in some kind of... I dunno how to describe it, some kind of dry fecal matter, whatever that brown stuff is, coating that ridiculously massive blade. I just find it ugly as all hell, pun intended.
That's kind of the point! its not supposed to be an elegant&beautiful looking sword, its a weapon from the depths of hell! It looks like its a part of some demon's body, with a fleshy texture as if its an alive creature. That's exactly why its so cool because it looks so "hideous" and inelegant. The DMC4 version looks lame because it wasn't meant to be playable, i'm sure it'll look much much detailed with DMC5's graphics.

My main issue with rebellion is that it has nothing special, it doesn't have the elemental effects of Alastor, it doesn't have the revving mechanic Nero has and it cannot cut through dimensions. Dante's signature sword sadly has no unique qualities.

Last edited:
Top Bottom