• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spoiler heavy thread (what are your favourite parts of DMC 5)

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
So as the title suggests

Fav enemy: scissors
Fav boss: angelo boss
Fav character: dante
Fav devil trigger: nero's and sdt for dante
Favourite attire: dante
Fav level: mission 4 with v
Fav song: devil trigger weirdly
Fav move: kamehameha Nero does
Fav devil arm: cerberus
Fav gun: double kalinna ann
Fav familiar: shadow

Feel free to add any I missed

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Fav enemy: nobody
Fav boss: King Cerberus
Fav character: Dante
Fav devil trigger: Dante's SDT
Favourite attire: Dante
Fav level: mission 2 with Nero or mission 18 with Dante
Fav song: devil trigger
Fav move: Full Throttle with Cavalier
Fav devil arm: Balrog
Fav gun: Double kalinna ann
Fav familiar: Griffon

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Griffin's my favorite familiar. I tend to rely on him more than shadow and he has a fun personality.

My favorite gun is blue rose and my favorite devil breaker is punch-line.

V's my favorite character in the story but Dante is my favorite to use. Caviliere(?) is my favorite devil arm.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Griffin is actually way more effective for battle as he can do long range

Nice choices though

What is it u like about v ? , I liked him a lot too and it's a shame he couldn't stick around

Love to see what Dante's split side would look and act like

Taramafor

fighting you know who of course.

Just unlocked Dante Must Die mode. Can't wait to fight him on this. It's going to be epic. I'll youtube it even.

... After a good while of fighting through the hardest difficulty setting. I'm so glad the game is as hard as 3. I thik I liked 4s son of sparda mode better though. It had more bad guys.

Also bloody palace once it's added. Which is next month.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It says spoiler heavy in the title , so you are okay to say names man

People who don't want to be spoiled either avoid the thread or enter of their own free will

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Griffin is actually way more effective for battle as he can do long range

Nice choices though

What is it u like about v ? , I liked him a lot too and it's a shame he couldn't stick around

Love to see what Dante's split side would look and act like

I'm surprised Vergil hasn't tried splitting Dante before. Granted I'm curious if Vergil always knew he could do that or was it just a lucky guess on his part?

I'm a fan of V because he reminds me of the quirky genius archetype I like (doctor who, dirk gently, Constantine, sherlock holmes etc). He's a bit of an underdog to Dante/Nero so its cool to see him punch up. I was hoping he was a mage so he would open the series to a whole faction/enemy type etc.

Favorite attire is Dante's.

Favorite is legacy but all three of their themes have grown on me.

I liked using shadow as a skateboard/nimbus cloud.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Skating around is so much fun omg yes

As for the splitting thing I reckon he read about it in that book , he seemed like he was desperate and decaying so he may have looked for ways to do something about that in demonic books

Dante's split would probably be even more cocky and nuts ha

Taramafor

I think Virgil was just decaying because he infused himself with so much power his body couldn't handle it, leaving him no choice but to get rid of his human side.

Makes sense from a demonic stand point. The real question is was is V still alive after that? Did "demon Virgil" just not bother to kill him because he was seen as too weak or something? But if he's a part of himself then he'd have to know it would be a risk leaving him alive, which was clearly the case.

Dang it. now I got two unanswered questions. The first being this and the second being how Vrigil came back from 2 (maybe it was an illusion we killed?)

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
V was dying anyway , and if Vergil had killed him then urizen would just have died when Dante beat his suped up version and he lay on the ground with Dante about to finish him

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Skating around is so much fun omg yes

As for the splitting thing I reckon he read about it in that book , he seemed like he was desperate and decaying so he may have looked for ways to do something about that in demonic books

Dante's split would probably be even more cocky and nuts ha
V's book isn't a spellbook tho, it's a book of poems.

It would be funny if Dante's human side was more of a rebel and apathetic to the world. His demon side might be more bloodthirsty like Kenpachi from bleach.

I think Virgil was just decaying because he infused himself with so much power his body couldn't handle it, leaving him no choice but to get rid of his human side.

Makes sense from a demonic stand point. The real question is was is V still alive after that? Did "demon Virgil" just not bother to kill him because he was seen as too weak or something? But if he's a part of himself then he'd have to know it would be a risk leaving him alive, which was clearly the case.

Dang it. now I got two unanswered questions. The first being this and the second being how Vrigil came back from 2 (maybe it was an illusion we killed?)
It's a possibility he never actually died in 1 but merely imprisoned.

Taramafor

Pretty sure we see him dying in 2 as he shatters as Dante shoots him to pieces. Only it's not his human form. Which is why it could be possible it's not actually him and his doppleganger.

It's never explained one way or the other though.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Pretty sure we see him dying in 2 as he shatters as Dante shoots him to pieces. Only it's not his human form. Which is why it could be possible it's not actually him and his doppleganger.

It's never explained one way or the other though.
Vergil isn't in DMC2.

You are thinking of Argosax a seperate character.

Taramafor

Ahh. But what about when we beat him as he's Nelo Angelo in 1? Going to youtube that actually.

Ok, so basically he kind of... disappears after the fight. I'm going to chalk that down to teleporting stuff since it's a bit of a theme (he glows white like with the yamato portals). Probably caused by the amulet before it falls.

Which only leaves the question of what happened between then and 3 (Virgil said it had been a long time). Which might be answered in the next game along with other things (mainly Virgil's girl).

Saaayyy... we never saw the amulets in this game. And Virgil was very determined to hold onto it in 3. Huh. You'd think he'd comment on that. Does Dante just have them on a shelf now?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The amulets were fused with the force edge to become the sparda sword , Dante then absorbed rebellion and sparda sword to create his new sword

So the amulets are gone

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I think it was great from start to finish, every moment was great, I was never tired of the game itself, there was always something to keep going, the only think I didn't like were some part after vergil returned, I don't know why but i had the impressione they didn't take things serious by the end and dante and vergil look like two child That play and everyone completely forgot that as urizen vergil killed many people... I can see that he redimed himself by destroying the qhilphot but it's still seems kind of strange when dante and vergil play like two kid and forget all the bad things vergil had done...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
**** man, that's a tough question, there's too much awesomeness in this game to just pick and choose like that.

However if I think of what's badass in this game, the first thing that comes to mind is actually ironically enough related to the character I like playing as the least.
Don't tell me none of you got hyped as **** watching Nightmare beating the hell out of Goliath in that cool ass battle of the giants.

Top Bottom