• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SPOILER: Do not trust him Nero!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@ToCool74
I think his abilities are completely different from anything Vergil or Dante or anybody from protagonists ever shown in game. I don't remember anyone from Saprda's descendants could control demons. Also this teaser about being final chapter comes from false teaser, that was disproven in many points.

@DragonMaster2010
I just think that with Nero's convoluted reveal, it would be kinda weird for them to pull it second time.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Really?

last I heard was that it was to be the final chapter of the sons of Sparda arc, care to post a source so I can check it out?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/le...-5-info-potential-heavy-spoilers-inside.8198/
Here.
some points obviously false in there.
>Originally DMCV was intended to be announced at PSX but after receiving feedback on their E3 press conference, Sony decided to scale back on PSX and instead scale up E3 2018. DMCV was an unfortunate casualty of this choice and thus it’s unlikely that DMCV gets officially revealed in 2017.
As we know it Capcom partnered with msoft. not with sony on promotion
>There is some form of Playstation exclusivity involved. Sony is paying for some of the funding for the game but the extent of it is not known. Could be completely PS4 exclusive, console exclusive or timed exclusive. If the game is announced publicly then it will be at a Sony event, which is why many people thought that it was going to be at PSX.
obviously false.
>DMCV picks up the story after DMC4.
officially false, since story didn't directly picks up after DMC4 and set after DMC2
>Characters switch during key story points in the game.
I think if recent info is right, this is also false. You can pick any char at the start and upon finishing all stories you can play levels with any of them.
>PlayStation 4 first, PC later, Unreal Engine 4
Both obviously wrong.
Also it states it "might" be the end of stroyline. (even if it's true probably depends on sales). to be fair lots of combat and some gameplay seems to be right, but for some we lack info and ti's hard to confirm.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Innsmouth

I'd say Nero's origin are more underwhelming than convoluted. His origins make sense but the writing of 4 didn't do a good job setting that up for the player. Similar to DMC 2 and anime, they aren't plotholes just poorly set up.

Its possibility he got those powers through arkham's bloodline than Dante's. Plus Nero has abilities that Dante and Vergil don't have and vice versa.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@Innsmouth

I'd say Nero's origin are more underwhelming than convoluted. His origins make sense but the writing of 4 didn't do a good job setting that up for the player. Similar to DMC 2 and anime, they aren't plotholes just poorly set up.

Its possibility he got those powers through arkham's bloodline than Dante's. Plus Nero has abilities that Dante and Vergil don't have and vice versa.
I don't think it's plothole, it's just whole "mystery" they set up around Nero that took almost more than a 6 years to solve took far to long

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
That'd actually make a lot of sense, Arkham was known to dabble in sorcery so why couldn't his grandson do the same.
I feel like magic/sorcery is one of those things that vaguely shows up every once in a while in the DMC franchise but is never really elaborated on or clearly defined so it would be cool if 5 could expand on that idea as well. :thumbsup:

DarkSlayerVergil

I feel like magic/sorcery is one of those things that vaguely shows up every once in a while in the DMC franchise but is never really elaborated on or clearly defined so it would be cool if 5 could expand on that idea as well. :thumbsup:
Same, it really isn't which is a shame since the series is called Devil May Cry. I had made a thread a few days ago that kind of went into something similar to this where you could have a human character that utilizes Devil hearts as a way of augmenting thier physicals stats while also giving them demonic magic.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Innsmouth
I agree. Apparently classic dmc is easily distracted and not good at following through on its ideas.

@DarkSlayerVergil
Another user @Morgan argued that Lady should have those powers by virtue of growing up in his house.

@Lain
I feel like DmC should have done more with the witchcraft-demon connection. Its more of a Western trope than eastern.

Patty would've benefited from being more of a witch. She has a heritage she doesn't understand nor powers she can control. That would give Dante extra incentive to keep her around and speak to his own history.

Kyrie might have benefited from being a witch as it would give her more to do, set up Fortuna's culture, you could have her be rivals with Patty, and even give her a face heel turn down the road. She could be seduced by power like Willow in Buffy season 6.

So much they could do....

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I feel like DmC should have done more with the witchcraft-demon connection. Its more of a Western trope than eastern.
While I don't necessarily disagree, I also feel that there was enough going on in that game that it could have been left to be explored further in-depth in a later game...not that we're likely to get one. :unsure:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
V has an bird demon sidekick...lol. I guess his summons do have personalities of their own.

Fun fact- Shin megami tensei tried to cash in with the pokemon craze with Devil Children. You play a youngster who gets to summon a digimon-style version of one of the classic demons (cerberus/Pazuzu/pixie/ifrit etc).

So maybe thats how V became a summoner?

V could be shown to be untrustworthy later on but for he just seems to be cool-headed. Maybe he's the Ishida to nero's ichigo?

Dante seems to trust him to get nero out of there so maybe he has a teleportation spell?

@Lain
maybe they could play with in the classic series or a movie? having dante think that his mom sold his soul to a demon without knowing the truth?

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Because he was a human, so why wouldn't anyone with the knowledge be able to do it?
This kinda highlights the point as to "magic" being so poorly defined in DMC. Presumably not just anybody could just pick up a spellbook and learn magic otherwise it feels like it should've been a lot more widely used by humans like the Order in 4 - none of whom displayed magic prior to demonic accention. And for that matter, can demons use magic? Or is it exclusive to humans/mixed bloods?

So many questions...

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, demons are magic, for one thing. Arkham is a prime example of going off the deep end, but he also came from immensely humble beginnings. Magic seems to be treated with an acceptance like the religious; many people don't have the faith, and therefore don't believe that magic is a thing. Yet, take a look at this world, where demons and Hell exist. Presumably, the antithesis exists as well, yeah? Despite Heaven, God, and angels often being more hands-off, or absent. A miracle is magic, having faith that a god will deliver you from misfortune, is to believe in some sort of metaphysical force.

Even the Order of the Sword worshipped a magical being that ascended from Hell to protect humanity, right? However, magic, for the most part, seems to be beyond a lot of people's grasp because it probably does require intense devotion, or at least a good amount of know-how, and even in our own world, there are many people who don't believe in higher powers. It's not much of a surprise that the average DMC NPC wouldn't think much more of it either.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Lain
In the anime Patty was descended from an alchemist/sorceror who can controll demons. So maybe its something you have to inherit as well as be trained in?

That's also true of Juliet's dad in episode 3, his family worshipped Belphegor (i think). I guess why Lady and Julia don't show prowess is because they weren't trained?

So maybe V was trained by his family? or forced to learn on his own like kat?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
@Lain
In the anime Patty was descended from an alchemist/sorceror who can controll demons. So maybe its something you have to inherit as well as be trained in?

That's also true of Juliet's dad in episode 3, his family worshipped Belphegor (i think). I guess why Lady and Julia don't show prowess is because they weren't trained?

So maybe V was trained by his family? or forced to learn on his own like kat?

But what about Arkham? His background bears no mysticism to it, and in fact he courted Lady's mother specifically because she was a descendant of the priestess who helped Sparda seal Temen-ni-gru. Like, he just read up on all that stuff, found a chick could use for his goals of gaining more power, but he wasn't anything special himself.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
But what about Arkham? His background bears no mysticism to it, and in fact he courted Lady's mother specifically because she was a descendant of the priestess who helped Sparda seal Temen-ni-gru. Like, he just read up on all that stuff, found a chick could use for his goals of gaining more power, but he wasn't anything special himself.
It's a hypothesisis so i could be wrong. Or we could both right.

Maybe they are sorceror families and other people who get magic power by sacrificing themselves? Maybe one leads to the other?

Its like @Lain said until they actually explore magic, we wont know for sure.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
To an extent, what you said before kinda goes all the way back, yeah? If there are characters that come from families with alchemy and sorcerers, those are still humble humans obtaining magical power, just from way back when. It'd be interesting to see something like what Ghostbusters 2016 had, where the existence of the supernatural was expressly known by the federal government, and they just try to keep it under wraps and disavow everything they can. People like Dante and Nero butting heads with a bunch of suits would have been interesting to see.

However, at the same time it's a bit contradictory because g'damn, why would anyone not believe in the existence of the supernatural when a tower sprouted from the earth in the middle of a city and demons slaughtered the public. There was even giant fish flying around it. Similarly, what happened in the DMC anime. Or...a giant animated statue floating above a demon-besieged Fortuna.

Hopefully DMC5 might try to explore that a little bit more, who knows?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
To an extent, what you said before kinda goes all the way back, yeah? If there are characters that come from families with alchemy and sorcerers, those are still humble humans obtaining magical power, just from way back when. It'd be interesting to see something like what Ghostbusters 2016 had, where the existence of the supernatural was expressly known by the federal government, and they just try to keep it under wraps and disavow everything they can. People like Dante and Nero butting heads with a bunch of suits would have been interesting to see.

However, at the same time it's a bit contradictory because g'damn, why would anyone not believe in the existence of the supernatural when a tower sprouted from the earth in the middle of a city and demons slaughtered the public. There was even giant fish flying around it. Similarly, what happened in the DMC anime. Or...a giant animated statue floating above a demon-besieged Fortuna.

Hopefully DMC5 might try to explore that a little bit more, who knows?
Alot of it is probably the writers not wanting to deal with it, so they didn't. Maybe DMCV has a different writing team and they decided to explore that? Maybe that's DmC's influence? DMCV is the first time they tried to be modern after all so maybe they liked the tease at the end where the demons becane public and wanted to play with that?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Alot of it is probably the writers not wanting to deal with it, so they didn't. Maybe DMCV has a different writing team and they decided to explore that? Maybe that's DmC's influence? DMCV is the first time they tried to be modern after all so maybe they liked the tease at the end where the demons becane public and wanted to play with that?
In DMC2 you had modern city overrun by demons with military technology overtaken by them. So it's not really the first time. Also in almost every game demons were acting in the broad day light, so I don't think demons identity is all that secret in DMC universe.

Top Bottom