• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Someone actually playing this game?

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I've get back to DMC1 to get the platinum and have some fun once again with this game, just wanted to know if someone is playing so as we play we can relate our experience here.

And for those who are reading the thread, have the HD collection or the good ol' PS2 version, i propose to you to take a seat and do one more run on this game on whatever difficulty you find more enjoyable and join us in the conversation.

So far i'm on mission 16 on my second hard run (forgot to do some secret missions and went back to hard, "3 Beasts" is a hell of a secret mission on DMD!). And still i was running so smooth through the game that i've forget to do SM5 (One Eyed Beast) and i think i'll leave it for the DMD! run as it is a pretty gimmicky mission and can be done at mission intervals. I've probably forgot some fragments scattered along the map too as i have the feel i'll need to complete one more orb to get my beautiful double full health bar.

In this runs i've been doing, and i think that's true for most DMC games i've played, the hard run was much more enjoyable than the first normal run, as i had all my runes and most of my moves available to beast on my enemies. Some fights remain pretty enjoyable on this game as well-designed enemies never really get old: fighting the scissor-cage ghost, the shadows and the bosses can be pretty cool experiences once you get their patterns and are not rusty. Nelo Angelo battles are fun and one of the most "aestheticaly" cool you can have in a pretty much "limited" hack'n'slash (compared to the modern ones).

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I've been playing DMC1. It's my first time playing it, and I must admit, I've been dragging my heels a bit with it. ^^; Between the responsibilities that are just a part of life, and some of the other stuff I've been playing/watching, I just can't seem to really throw myself into it. It's not even that I don't want to; I guess there are others things I want to do, more.

I can't even remember what mission I'm on; it's been weeks since I played. o_O I should amend that, and get back to you, then.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
it can be done dude sword cancel and ifrit just keep your distance from the summoned swords and keep jumping when he fires them if you catch him in a loop with the sword cancel or ifrit cancel his health drops easily enough

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'll be honest, the only reason I'm playing the HD version is because it has X as jump, if not for that I'd still be on the PS2 version. I'm 3 trophies away from platinuming this game but since they are the last 3 they are the toughest. It's not easy pulling that off.

Last edited:
I have every Devil may cry game but every time i try to play anything else apart from the first game I allways find myself turning if off after 20 minutes they destroyed this classic games series potential. I mean ok the 3rd game was good the 4th looked ok but had the same awful song playing over and over and one really sunny mistake on a level in the game 2 was awful and the new dmc is not devil may cry its good but not great like the first the first was basic and had class and style to it I beleave the way the game looked played anthe the weapons were awesome when capcom decide to make a new game I wish they would continue the story directly after the first game and keep it dark and the same

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
Man, I've been playing or should I say replaying this one for a while now, I'm literally 1 trophy away from the the Platinum. Still I don't know about you guys but I played normal mode like 7 to 8 times before I tackled DMD mode, I learned that from the PS2 version but god, the 3rd nelo angelo is evil, but it's the best fight. Still just replaying is nice, but yeah right now I'm on mission 4 on hard, I finished normal mode speed run so now I'm trying to get the last trophy on hard then try getting S rank on all missions on DMD, hopefully I can do it. :D

berto

I Saw the Devil
Man, I've been playing or should I say replaying this one for a while now, I'm literally 1 trophy away from the the Platinum. Still I don't know about you guys but I played normal mode like 7 to 8 times before I tackled DMD mode, I learned that from the PS2 version but god, the 3rd nelo angelo is evil, but it's the best fight. Still just replaying is nice, but yeah right now I'm on mission 4 on hard, I finished normal mode speed run so now I'm trying to get the last trophy on hard then try getting S rank on all missions on DMD, hopefully I can do it. :D
I still haven't tried. I just Platinumed DMC3 so I thought I might be ready for DMD in 1 but I keep chickening out.

S.F.W

King of Hearts
Just started back playing it again when I got home on hard. After getting to the Nightmare fight, I quickly realized I had reached scrub tier. I'm afraid I may no longer have a workable PS2 or controller (or even vocal cords) if I don't beat this thing. Scumbag Nightmare......

But anyways, I love the flow of battles from DMC1. Dante's so overpowered in other DMC's you can lose the need to really think about what you're doing and just go batshit crazy on the (dumb) enemies. In this one, enemies will swarm you, and they WILL force you to take evasive maneuvers. Lol, this brings back the memory of how frustrated I got when I was fighting a swarm of puppets (marionettes, whatever) and Dante kept flying backwards. I was like "WTF man?!" When my health was low I finally paid attention and realized that a few of them had shotguns. Needless to say I was mindblown. When I think back to it, I heard the blasts but just assumed that they were something else entirely.

This game is a classic, and my fascination with it will never die....
Unlike my Dante who has died countless times.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
I haven't played in a while but I do plan to sometime this year. I might update you guys for suggestions when that time comes.... I mean if it's okay with you all >_<

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Only played it once on normal, love to play it again if i have the chance
Personally, I think the only real challenge is getting an S Bonus Rank on the Mundus boss fight on DMD (because of the little red spears he shoots at you -- they're really hard to dodge). Other than that, you shouldn't have too much trouble, if you know what you're doing.

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
I actually just beat DMD last night for the first time. Probably died to Mundus at least 20 times before I got my strategy down...

The highlights of the playthrough were Griffon 3, Nelo 3, and of course Mundus. All of them intense, drawn out fights that involved a lot of challenge. I didn't do too badly against Nightmare because I actually learned its attack patterns instead of running around like an idiot haha. Still had to use a Devil Star on its berserk form though.:nailbiting:

Overall it was a nice step up from hard mode. Now I can finally use Super Dante. :)

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
when i first played 1 2 and 3 (i got them all on ps2 after i played 4) i never used ifrit or any of the punch kick weapons until i got to nightmare 2 on DMD then when finally used it i owned him
then my only thought was why didn't any one tell me this was a good weapon

Top Bottom