• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So You're Still Forced To Walk When Lock-on Is Active

Goldsickle

This is actually enough to make me hesitate from buying the Special Edition.

After playing games like DmC and Metal Gear Rising, it was a little difficult to get back to DMC4 when I replayed it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Whatevs. No big deal at all for me. Honestly it seems a rather trivial reason for not buying the SE, but meh... to each his own.

And they actually made it make more sense with Vergil, since running decreases Concentration gauge. Which fits his fighting style.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Lock on makimg you walk doesn't interfere with fluidity considering you can teleport with both of the sparda twins to close distance and grapple with nero and lady , and if trish has her moves from 2 she will be able fly , walking won't make any difference at all imo

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I knew that if Capcom changed even one detail, there would be fanboy rage. The comments on youtube threatened to start a forest fire simply because Vergil no longer had his precious "Darkslayer" style.

Well... if he can teleport to any enemy that has a Summoned Sword embedded into them, then isn't the fact that he can warp almost anywhere an improvement??

It's not really that big of a deal, when all is said and done.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Lock on makimg you walk doesn't interfere with fluidity considering you can teleport with both of the sparda twins to close distance and grapple with nero and lady , and if trish has her moves from 2 she will be able fly , walking won't make any difference at all imo

Tbh, both walking and running in mid combo break fluidity, so if they make you run or walk while locking doesn't matter that much to me.

And you're right, each character has his way to get close without running or walking: Nero's got Snatch, Dante has Tricks and dashes, Vergil has Grim Trick, Trish will probably fly or use the extensive form of Sparda, a la Snatch, Lady will most likely have the grapple hook.
Without counting all the Stinger-like moves.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well, not everyone can guard-fly like you, so...

xD it's not like Guard Fly is the only thing you can do to get close without walking or running. LOL a simple Trickster move is enough. Each character has their own ways, simple and more complicated. There's something for everyone.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The video I saw was of Vergil, so maybe by some amazing chance, it's only for Vergil.
Not likely. If it was part of the original set up, which it was, they aren't likely to change it.

It's not a deal breaker for me, though, nor even a big deal. If I have to run I don't find it that big a thing to let go of the lock on. But like Foxtrot says, if that is such deal breaker for you, to each their own.

Khundy

Berserker
or you could stand still, because the enemies will come to you if you're lazy...watch out for blitz though hahahahah

the enemy's in DMC4 all try and jump you, and when you attack you're not moving any further unless guard flying.

Just wait for LDK mode since rooms are flooded with foes you wont need to run.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
I knew that if Capcom changed even one detail, there would be fanboy rage. The comments on youtube threatened to start a forest fire simply because Vergil no longer had his precious "Darkslayer" style.

but i saw in the game play video he teleported up and down that all Darkslayer style was
are they mad cus it doesn't specifically say "Darkslayer style"

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
or you could stand still, because the enemies will come to you if you're lazy...watch out for blitz though hahahahah
Maybe you could work around it. You have to hold L1 to lock-on right? So, just stop holding it when you feel the need to run.
are they mad cus it doesn't specifically say "Darkslayer style"
I did say that Vergil was capable of teleporting all over the place, right? Yeah, they're mad because it doesn't specifically say Darkslayer anymore.

Last edited:

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
You do know that you can use teleport to get close to enemies without needing to use lock on right?

Walking and running around is not going to be an option since it reduces the Concentration meter, therefore Teleportation is going to be heavily used to keep it at max level. Also using teleportation as a way of dodging also is a good idea since it reduces damage, and also raises the style meter up for higher rank in SSS!

However I noticed whilst thoroughly examined Vergil's moves that Judgement Cut and Rising Dragon can be charged up to which is good for crowd control, not to mention catching up to those annoying flying metallic Angelo's, although Trick up can do just that so it's going to be abused every moment of my own Darkslayer pleasures! But above all else I just want to relearn how to use Summoned Swords again...don't get me wrong Devil May Cry HD Collection has taught me tons, but this new variation seems to be so much more fun to command, and those Blitzes look like Summoned Swords would be fun to use on!

But my fave part is the Summoned Swords Hail fall to nail enemies to the ground, and keep them there for the time being whilst I Max-Out my Concentrated Dimension Hyper Slash many of those Large Scarecrows and smaller ones too.

Oh the possibilities are endless...

Khundy

Berserker
You do know that you can use teleport to get close to enemies without needing to use lock on right?

Walking and running around is not going to be an option since it reduces the Concentration meter, therefore Teleportation is going to be heavily used to keep it at max level. Also using teleportation as a way of dodging also is a good idea since it reduces damage, and also raises the style meter up for higher rank in SSS!

However I noticed whilst thoroughly examined Vergil's moves that Judgement Cut and Rising Dragon can be charged up to which is good for crowd control, not to mention catching up to those annoying flying metallic Angelo's, although Trick up can do just that so it's going to be abused every moment of my own Darkslayer pleasures! But above all else I just want to relearn how to use Summoned Swords again...don't get me wrong Devil May Cry HD Collection has taught me tons, but this new variation seems to be so much more fun to command, and those Blitzes look like Summoned Swords would be fun to use on!

But my fave part is the Summoned Swords Hail fall to nail enemies to the ground, and keep them there for the time being whilst I Max-Out my Concentrated Dimension Hyper Slash many of those Large Scarecrows and smaller ones too.

Oh the possibilities are endless...

wont be that easy to kill a blitz though, everything died super easy in that play trailer. :) fun non-the-less

Top Bottom