• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

so what's with your profile name?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I joined the forum after DMC4 (Original Version) was released, and everybody was like "Nero is totally Vergil's love baby!" While others were like "No way! Nero is a clone of Vergil's penis!"....

(Damn it @Vergil'sBitch Where are you for this?!)

So!!!! With all the Nero denying and neglect being spread around I decided to title myself the official "Rejected Son of Sparda" to cope with the Nero hate. Plus at the time it sounded super cool. My username was the basis for a original character within the DMC universe for a very, very short amount of time.

Honestly, I think my Username accounts for 99% of my popularity...

(Do I even have fans?!.....

("LOVE ME!!!!")

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I was 13, that's the origin of my username
and you've been using this ever since?

My full name is Humberto (the H is silent).

Most people in my high school and jobs couldn't pronounce it and kept saying 'Roberto?' I'd say 'no, Humberto' and they'd go 'Alberto?' After a bit of time most of my white and black friends in highschool just called be 'berto' and when they introduce me they'd add 'we call him berto' to save them the embarrassment that they couldn't pronounce my name, been so simple but them always defaulting to Roberto, it made them sound a bit ignorant, which in California isn't as cosher since the Latino population isn't small, nor is our influence on the culture.

Anyway, I never cared for having a videogame/movie/music/literary related name so I went with my nickname. Oddly enough, it turned out to be a rather common user name and when I get it it's actually rather lucky. Once when I tried to register to a forum under that name it said it was unavailable and suggested 'berto_119'. And here I thought it was rather original.

yeah i agree with foxtrot, the h in humberto makes it sex-- oh, wait, wrong h.. how do you pronounce it anyway? umberto or oomberto? and is humberto an uncommon name for latino there?

I love it when threads like this pop up because everyone has all these interesting reasons behind their username and then mine's just.........my name. My name really is Meghan.

That's it.

That's where my username came from.

*fireworks explosion*

yeah i agree with foxtrot, megan is a beautiful name, and the h makes it sexy, much when you say it like stewie did with will wheaton, hmegan.. :p

*nuclear explosion

The "Dragonmaster" came from me wanting to call myself "swordmaster" instead, but I decided for something a bit cooler. So I thought "dragons are cool" and went with that instead. The 2010 part was when DmC first appeared.

because swordmaster is too mainstream.. and lol, your username actually have historical meaning in it, so you joined here when DmC started announced or you add em later?

um...it's just my real name
seriously you people here have cool real names, and i think you guys know it hence using it as the username..

you're not adorable vegeta, not with that voice..

The origins of my name have been shrouded in untold coils of mystery for some time, but I believe I have achieved enough wisdom and self-realization to reveal it to all of you. This may be the only time I reveal this, so don't waste this magic moment, fellow forumers.

My name is closely linked to my avatar image, both of which are signifies of my undying devotion to one Nintendo character, and the franchise he's from. It has been my sole reason to be a hardcore gamer for many years, and dictates my every action as a devoted fanboy, contributing to years of borderline-unhealthy fanaticism...

And that Nintendo character is the unrivaled badass known as...
Kirby.
HAHAA!! i knew there's a twist once i see a spoiler button.. nice one kirby, nice one.. who would've thought..

I joined the forum after DMC4 (Original Version) was released, and everybody was like "Nero is totally Vergil's love baby!" While others were like "No way! Nero is a clone of Vergil's penis!"....

(Damn it @Vergil'sBitch Where are you for this?!)

So!!!! With all the Nero denying and neglect being spread around I decided to title myself the official "Rejected Son of Sparda" to cope with the Nero hate. Plus at the time it sounded super cool. My username was the basis for a original character within the DMC universe for a very, very short amount of time.

Honestly, I think my Username accounts for 99% of my popularity...

(Do I even have fans?!.....

("LOVE ME!!!!")
lol, clone of penis.. people actually said that about nero? the username still sounds cool now, well at least inspiring, sparda should really have a rejected son to spice things up some more

berto

I Saw the Devil
yeah i agree with foxtrot, the h in humberto makes it sex-- oh, wait, wrong h.. how do you pronounce it anyway? umberto or oomberto? and is humberto an uncommon name for latino there?
The U sound is the same as rule, school, tool, pool, Stewart, cruel and so on and it's a very common name in Latin America, Italy, Spain and even France, I think.

Morrigan_Sparda

Queen of Darkness
The origin of my name comes from a part of Morrigan Aensland, for who don´t know her, she´s a game character Darkstalkers / Vampire Savior.
As name Morrigan or Morrigan_Aensland was always busy, when I first played the Devil May Cry I decided to use Sparda as a tribute to this powerful demon lineage. Darkstalkers has an anime series of 4 chapters if you have not seen, I recommend, it is very entertaining ^^

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
because swordmaster is too mainstream.. and lol, your username actually have historical meaning in it, so you joined here when DmC started announced or you add em later?
I actually joined around 2012 I think. Mostly around the time the "Public Enemies" trailer for DmC came around.

absolitude

The U sound is the same as rule, school, tool, pool, Stewart, cruel and so on and it's a very common name in Latin America, Italy, Spain and even France, I think.
with people in california being unfamiliar or ignorant as you said made me think it's one of those classic names that are common in the native region, unlike some more modern ones that have been fused with cultures and time..

The origin of my name comes from a part of Morrigan Aensland, for who don´t know her, she´s a game character Darkstalkers / Vampire Savior.
As name Morrigan or Morrigan_Aensland was always busy, when I first played the Devil May Cry I decided to use Sparda as a tribute to this powerful demon lineage. Darkstalkers has an anime series of 4 chapters if you have not seen, I recommend, it is very entertaining ^^
yeah, surely almost everyone here know of morrigan and dark stalker, but your username is rather giving the idea of sparda having an affair with morrigan, or was it before he met eva?

I actually joined around 2012 I think. Mostly around the time the "Public Enemies" trailer for DmC came around.
ow, with your numbers and statistics i thought you've been here longer than that, you must be very active backthen.. personally i don't know when this forum has been around exactly

berto

I Saw the Devil
with people in california being unfamiliar or ignorant as you said made me think it's one of those classic names that are common in the native region, unlike some more modern ones that have been fused with cultures and time..
Yes, but it's a bit more than that. When you over pronunciation your name to someone but they insist on defaulting to a more common name, and not because they're mocking you, it makes them seem rather simple. California speaks 300 languages so even unusual names are fairly common here thus to learn a new name that's a bit out of the ordinary is an everyday thing. That kinda tells you a lot about people here; most Californians have a vast diversity of friends but when you meet someone who struggles to pronounce not the stereotypical proximity it hints that they don't really have that much experience with none white people. You see, Roberto is a taco shop franchise and that's the only exposure they get to a proximity of my name.

Now, imagine you have a Chinese friend named Chung, which I do so I'll borrow his name for an example. Imagine this friend is been introduced and the person you're introducing him to says 'Nice to meet you, John' and you correct them but they can't seem to grasp the fact that it's not John. Now, the other person isn't been malicious but at the same time there is a point where you just have to go 'dude, that's not my name' and it can get tiresome to have to almost scream the right pronunciation in public. 'Not ROberto, HUM, HUMberto' is a phrase I've uttered far too many times while living here, it can be a real pain in the d***.

absolitude

Yes, but it's a bit more than that. When you over pronunciation your name to someone but they insist on defaulting to a more common name, and not because they're mocking you, it makes them seem rather simple. California speaks 300 languages so even unusual names are fairly common here thus to learn a new name that's a bit out of the ordinary is an everyday thing. That kinda tells you a lot about people here; most Californians have a vast diversity of friends but when you meet someone who struggles to pronounce not the stereotypical proximity it hints that they don't really have that much experience with none white people. You see, Roberto is a taco shop franchise and that's the only exposure they get to a proximity of my name.

Now, imagine you have a Chinese friend named Chung, which I do so I'll borrow his name for an example. Imagine this friend is been introduced and the person you're introducing him to says 'Nice to meet you, John' and you correct them but they can't seem to grasp the fact that it's not John. Now, the other person isn't been malicious but at the same time there is a point where you just have to go 'dude, that's not my name' and it can get tiresome to have to almost scream the right pronunciation in public. 'Not ROberto, HUM, HUMberto' is a phrase I've uttered far too many times while living here, it can be a real pain in the d***.

lol, the chung example is an ass.. that's plain ignorance if that's the case, i'm sorry i've seen quite too many humor like that.. i definitely could understand the pain in chung example.. my real name isn't very common here, just like you, it rhymes with many other common names so i gotta say many times, til i'm fed up and mentioned some random name, seriously.. ofc if it was a casual introduction, like i believe i'll never meet em again..

I always thought that Dante & Morrigan would make good couple, fit together quite their personalities.

yeah, i wonder what their interaction would be like, would like to see the crossover for both games, but i can't say i like the male characters in the dark stalker, none of them are to my liking if i remembered, including demitri

She knew of the existence of Sparda and his feats, but never meet.

hmm.. not sure if this is real or you're just playing along, lol

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Well I've always been a fan of the .hack series. Years ago I had an idea for a fanfic. Of course I never got to it. But anyway.... I had a OC that was also a Descendant of Fianna. Orca of the Azure Sea. Balmung of the Azure Sky. My character? Well I forgot what I was gonna call him, but he was going to be Azure Night. And since I never had time to even write that fanfic, the name was rather catchy. I just added 13 since it tends to be my favorite number.

berto

I Saw the Devil
lol, the chung example is an ass.. that's plain ignorance if that's the case, i'm sorry i've seen quite too many humor like that.. i definitely could understand the pain in chung example.. my real name isn't very common here, just like you, it rhymes with many other common names so i gotta say many times, til i'm fed up and mentioned some random name, seriously.. ofc if it was a casual introduction, like i believe i'll never meet em again..
That was just an example. When we introduce Chung it's not hard to correct people because it is a common name but almost every time people think it's John the first time they hear it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
That was just an example. When we introduce Chung it's not hard to correct people because it is a common name but almost every time people think it's John the first time they hear it.

That reminds me of Shangai Noon.

"
- My name is Chong Wang.
- John Wayne?
"

2i12mo7.jpg

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
My old username was always Belts0091, because I liked Tetsuya Nomura's character fashion and dressed like that in high school, which earned me the nickname Belts. 0091 was just a mash of numbers, although now it's part of a story. I wanted a change because I felt like I really grew out of the old name, and heard the name "Two Across" that was one of the translations for a keyblade in the then Japanese-only Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. It worked well with my love of dual pistols and crossing one's arms while shooting them. Put it together with my avatar of the baddest mamma jamma to ever hold two guns in his hands, and made it all fancy for the internet as TWOxACROSS. The x is silent, but also goes along with the whole crossing arms thing, and "cross" is used a lot in Japan for "cool ****."

Kurisu

Bunny mom
Well... I watched an anime named Steins Gate and one of the main characters was Makise Kurisu and the protagonist call her Christina. Since my name is Christina (without the h because I'm Spanish but you get it) and people call me Chris I noticed that if you say Kurisu fast it sounds like Chris, so... Ta-dah!

absolitude

Well I've always been a fan of the .hack series. Years ago I had an idea for a fanfic. Of course I never got to it. But anyway.... I had a OC that was also a Descendant of Fianna. Orca of the Azure Sea. Balmung of the Azure Sky. My character? Well I forgot what I was gonna call him, but he was going to be Azure Night. And since I never had time to even write that fanfic, the name was rather catchy. I just added 13 since it tends to be my favorite number.
azure will always be a beautiful name, i think it's timeless.. you like 13? well that's new, careful okay? lol..

btw, you come up with name balmung for your OC or did i read your post wrong? balmung is a very unique name but sounds great at the same time, what's your nationality again?

and it's so rare he uses my real name that I don't recognise it when he does.
that is funny.. i love your "proudly intolerant" title btw, it matches the nickname steve gave you --angel, proudly intolerant, lol.. that's the best part

My old username was always Belts0091, because I liked Tetsuya Nomura's character fashion and dressed like that in high school, which earned me the nickname Belts. 0091 was just a mash of numbers, although now it's part of a story. I wanted a change because I felt like I really grew out of the old name, and heard the name "Two Across" that was one of the translations for a keyblade in the then Japanese-only Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. It worked well with my love of dual pistols and crossing one's arms while shooting them. Put it together with my avatar of the baddest mamma jamma to ever hold two guns in his hands, and made it all fancy for the internet as TWOxACROSS. The x is silent, but also goes along with the whole crossing arms thing, and "cross" is used a lot in Japan for "cool ****."
belts and straps characters.. oh, must be nomura, yeah, i can see that.. that's chow yun fat on your avatar right? his best film for was actually the one where he doesn't use guns if i remember right, it was called "master killer", you should give it a try if you're a fan, i remembered it as one of the coolest movies, well backthen..

Well... I watched an anime named Steins Gate and one of the main characters was Makise Kurisu and the protagonist call her Christina. Since my name is Christina (without the h because I'm Spanish but you get it) and people call me Chris I noticed that if you say Kurisu fast it sounds like Chris, so... Ta-dah!
wasn't kurisu is actually how the japanese pronounce chris? like cross becomes kurosu and christmas becomes kuris(u)mas(u).. so i always thought the kurisu name has something to do with chris

Back off, she's a member of my harem...
lol

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
azure will always be a beautiful name, i think it's timeless.. you like 13? well that's new, careful okay? lol..

btw, you come up with name balmung for your OC or did i read your post wrong? balmung is a very unique name but sounds great at the same time, what's your nationality again?

Balmung was already a character in the .hack series. I just forgot what the name of my OC was.

And no one really asked about my Nationality.... I'm mostly Irish and Scottish from my father's side. I'm also German, Polish, Mohawk Native American, and I think Norwegian on my mother's. But I'm mostly Irish lol.

berto

I Saw the Devil
And no one really asked about my Nationality....
That's mostly voluntary information. Most people would rather not tell you anything overly personal over the internet so we pretty much leave it up to each person's discretion. Well, at least I do.

Top Bottom