• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So Vergil doesn't use guns?

Dominus

Thing is the biggest factor around Mundus's control of the world was the subtle way in how it was accomplished and also maintained. Also, just use your brain for a second. There are cracks in Mundus's foundation and for Vergil to have kept his identity a secret for so long he must have figured out how to work in between them. No one can keep an eye on everyone at all times. Just because they have a pretty massive hold on the world it's just common sense to know that there are blind spots. Vergil must know how to exploit them and that becomes also a top priority if you decide to declare a rebellion against a massive power that is already controlling the world.
Vergil is also infallible as well and it seemed to keep his identity a secret he staid under the shadows and only met with people in private. Basically used his team to do surveillance, etc, and he kept a low profile. This event is not low profile, it's the complete opposite. He was basically risking a lot on this exchange being out in the open in a hostage situation in broad daylight, in front of all the cameras and people and Mundus. Let alone it would be completely stupid of Mundus not to keep a close eye on this big event despite holes existing in his organization. Wondering why this Nephilim who has wiped out sections of his organization is working with this strange guy who looks exactly like him. The danger to his successor and Lilith was at stake in this situation making it a huge priority, let alone why didn't they just pull Dante into limbo in this scene or see if they could pull even the Dante look-alike (aka Vergil) into limbo so they could keep Kat and snatch up Lilith.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Vergil is also infallible as well and it seemed to keep his identity a secret he staid under the shadows and only met with people in private. Basically used his team to do surveillance, etc, and he kept a low profile. This event is not low profile, it's the complete opposite. He was basically risking a lot on this exchange being out in the open in a hostage situation in broad daylight, in front of all the cameras and people and Mundus. Let alone it would be completely stupid of Mundus not to keep a close eye on this big event despite holes existing in his organization. Wondering why this Nephilim who has wiped out sections of his organization is working with this strange guy who looks exactly like him. The danger to his successor and Lilith was at stake in this situation making it a huge priority, let alone why didn't they just pull Dante into limbo in this scene or see if they could pull even the Dante look-alike (aka Vergil) into limbo so they could keep Kat and snatch up Lilith.
I'm guessing that you can't just pull people into Limbo any time you want (Mundus drew power from the Hell Gate to reach pull Dante back in from far away) Kat can also only make the connections through rifts in between the worlds. It is known that the events in Limbo have an effect in the real world to a certain extent as well. Like I said, Mundus's strongest factor was the subtle factor and being a passive aggressive fist that was secretly controlling the world. Despite how many times Dante falls into Limbo we can piece together that a specific priority is made to keep Limbo from collapsing into the real world. If it did it sure as hell breaks the subtle key to the hold they have. Sure Mundus could have maybe tried to separate the people there but who knows exactly what kind of consequence that could have had. Trying to pull such a stunt was a risk that maybe isn't worth taking. The story doesn't have to treat you like a baby and give you everything in detailed explanations on a silver platter but it gives you enough where you can build upon it yourself and be like "ok, so it must work like that." Limbo is not really a flawless tool of weaponry from what I picked up. The only thing I'm wondering, why didn't Lillith have a powerful demon bouncer for the club lol.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I dont think Dante looks just like Vergil at all. If you take away everything besides their faces and get the skin tone to even out a little, maybe comb Dante's hair, then yea, they do look the same. They look about as much alike as Eva and Trish.

I don't think Mundus really wanted to put his unborn demon child in danger either, considering that he blew his lid and walked away from the window, instead of getting out the binoculars, and seeing what human killed his kid and whore, Mundus simply powered up and blew up the city instead.

Also Vergil kept his identity secret through out the car chase too. I'm sure Vergil could of done something to save both him and Kat, but it would of been pretty magical and i think Mundus might of caught on by that time.

Vergil still looks like a pussy throughout that whole level though

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I dont think Dante looks just like Vergil at all. If you take away everything besides their faces and get the skin tone to even out a little, maybe comb Dante's hair, then yea, they do look the same. They look about as much alike as Eva and Trish.

I don't think Mundus really wanted to put his unborn demon child in danger either, considering that he blew his lid and walked away from the window, instead of getting out the binoculars, and seeing what human killed his kid and whore, Mundus simply powered up and blew up the city instead.

Also Vergil kept his identity secret through out the car chase too. I'm sure Vergil could of done something to save both him and Kat, but it would of been pretty magical and i think Mundus might of caught on by that time.

Vergil still looks like a pussy throughout that whole level though
I wouldn't say a pussy because laying low was his plan and it's pretty in line with what he said at the beginning of the game, "War is won with deception."

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I wouldn't say a pussy because laying low was his plan and it's pretty in line with what he said at the beginning of the game, "War is won with deception."

Ok, i guess i should of said both, Kat and Vergil looked silly hehe

Although Vergil still manages to pull off a pretty decent pussy face when he cried out for Dante's help

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
Because how he was characterized as a proud and purist warrior in DMC3, the original Vergil didn't use guns.

Seeing how they dropped that aspect in the new Vergil though, who is more of a tactician than a warrior, I don't see why they'd have to keep the "no guns" aspect of his.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Because how he was characterized as a proud and purist warrior in DMC3, the original Vergil didn't use guns.

Seeing how they dropped that aspect in the new Vergil though, who is more of a tactician than a warrior, I don't see why they'd have to keep the "no guns" aspect of his.
Who said that swords are the way of a "true warrior?" That whole swords only crap really seems like it's his just his own self proclaimed philosophy because he probably just likes swords. I'd favor a tactician over some guy who follows some swords only rule which sounds like he made up with me in a battle any day.

Dominus

I'm guessing that you can't just pull people into Limbo any time you want (Mundus drew power from the Hell Gate to reach pull Dante back in from far away) Kat can also only make the connections through rifts in between the worlds. It is known that the events in Limbo have an effect in the real world to a certain extent as well. Like I said, Mundus's strongest factor was the subtle factor and being a passive aggressive fist that was secretly controlling the world.
Mundus pretty much had a lot of power to do what he wanted, and seeing that Dante and Vergil were labeled as terrorists he could have easily convinced the government to have more than one swat team there, or have an entire police force there. He has enough power in the real world to sway the president into his way of thinking, let alone have Swat teams break into a compound and murder all the terrorists in the building. Also since he is the demon king all the demons in higher positions in the government or police forces, etc, could have easily been at his whim to handle the situation better . He could have basically told them that he wanted all their priorities to be on this situation and didn't need to tell them why.
To demons asking why he could say that Dante is a threat to limbo and demonkind, etc, etc and needed to be taken out.

despite how many times Dante falls into Limbo we can piece together that a specific priority is made to keep Limbo from collapsing into the real world.
I don't know about that because Dante is dragged into limbo by lesser demons all the time. And in the cutscenes it is not clear why or how demons drag him into limbo.. Given that Dante is more vulnerable not in limbo Mundus could just have some corrupt police officer go out and shoot him in the face, and then cover it up seeing he had tons of influence in government.. Or hell just have a bunch of people kidnap him instead of constantly draggin him into limbo to "kill" him.
If it did it sure as hell breaks the subtle key to the hold they have. Sure Mundus could have maybe tried to separate the people there but who knows exactly what kind of consequence that could have had. Trying to pull such a stunt was a risk that maybe isn't worth taking.
He could have had cops that were all demons be at the drop if he dragged them into limbo.
The story doesn't have to treat you like a baby and give you everything in detailed explanations on a silver platter but it gives you enough where you can build upon it yourself and be like "ok, so it must work like that." Limbo is not really a flawless tool of weaponry from what I picked up. The only thing I'm wondering, why didn't Lillith have a powerful demon bouncer for the club lol.
The problem with limbo is that it mainly serves as a plot device without little explanation why at times Dante is pulled in and out of limbo. It's pretty inconsistent and even though it sets up nice environmental effects and story implications, it feels like its a gaping plot hole.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Mundus pretty much had a lot of power to do what he wanted, and seeing that Dante and Vergil were labeled as terrorists he could have easily convinced the government to have more than one swat team there, or have an entire police force there. He has enough power in the real world to sway the president into his way of thinking, let alone have Swat teams break into a compound and murder all the terrorists in the building. Also since he is the demon king all the demons in higher positions in the government or police forces, etc, could have easily been at his whim to handle the situation better . He could have basically told them that he wanted all their priorities to be on this situation and didn't need to tell them why.
To demons asking why he could say that Dante is a threat to limbo and demonkind, etc, etc and needed to be taken out.

I don't know about that because Dante is dragged into limbo by lesser demons all the time. And in the cutscenes it is not clear why or how demons drag him into limbo.. Given that Dante is more vulnerable not in limbo Mundus could just have some corrupt police officer go out and shoot him in the face, and then cover it up seeing he had tons of influence in government.. Or hell just have a bunch of people kidnap him instead of constantly draggin him into limbo to "kill" him.
He could have had cops that were all demons be at the drop if he dragged them into limbo.
The problem with limbo is that it mainly serves as a plot device without little explanation why at times Dante is pulled in and out of limbo. It's pretty inconsistent and even though it sets up nice environmental effects and story implications, it feels like its a gaping plot hole.
Limbo is still freaking awesome and I'd rather not question it. Besides, it's not like the original series ever even bothered to shed any sort light on the world that's established as the entire Devil May Cry series was anything but consistent. It's rather unorganized and hardly established an actual solid identity. Capcom never seem to know exactly what to do with this series.

RhythmDemon

Half Demon
Vergil never liked using guns. He used one in 3 because A. Slapped the gun out of Dantes hand. Although in the first DMC book(Set before Dante knew he was Dante) Vergil or "Gilver" uses a sawed off shotgun on Dante when they fight. He does state once or twice that he does not like guns throughout the book and I think once in DMC3.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
CAN WE PLEASE STOP AND THINK.

VERGIL USED A GUN BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT MUNDUS TO KNOW THAT HE WAS A NEPHILIM.

END OF STORY, LOCK AND DELETE THREAD

chocolatepanda

Would it even be possible for a normal person to get close enough to shoot him in the face? If he's shot anywhere besides in the head he just brushes it off like nothing happened and who knows bein shot in that face might not kill em unless its like a shotgun on something.

Virgil and Dante dont really look alike unless u see them up close. Maybe if they had the same hairstyle then it would be more apparent but since they have different styles altogether you wouldnt notice especially if you're focused on getting your unborn son back alive. Since lilith is a demon she's probably still vulnerable even after Dante gets pulled into limbo so she could be shot from either world most likely and Dante can still interact with the real world while in limbo so he could f*** sh** up.

s8ntmark

For like one instance yea.

Is this a topic directed at the complaint of Vergil using guns or something?

Yeah, the haters were upset that he uses a gun in the New game....saying he NEVER uses them, preferring swords....except he HAS used them....well, at least Ebony.

Dominus

Would it even be possible for a normal person to get close enough to shoot him in the face? If he's shot anywhere besides in the head he just brushes it off like nothing happened and who knows bein shot in that face might not kill em unless its like a shotgun on something.
Doesn't prevent an easy kidnapping or hell even a bombing that you could pin on Vergil's "terrorist" organization.

Virgil and Dante dont really look alike unless u see them up close. Maybe if they had the same hairstyle then it would be more apparent but since they have different styles altogether you wouldnt notice especially if you're focused on getting your unborn son back alive. Since lilith is a demon she's probably still vulnerable even after Dante gets pulled into limbo so she could be shot from either world most likely and Dante can still interact with the real world while in limbo so he could f*** sh** up.
Yah but if Vergil and Dante are both in the same situation in a city that has heavy surveillance, let alone an important exchange with a group of people trying to bring down your organization, you'd want to get a closer look at the people involved in that exchange. So going through the tape of say camera footage from one of the city's thousands of cameras, from this important event that went wrong some Demon could be like "Hey who is this guy that has a gun alongside the Nephilim? Is he a demon or a human, oh wait look.. look his face matches Dante's! MAybe he's a Nephilim!!" Hell I just had to check something and before Kat gets kidnapped, Vergil is dragged into limbo! Wouldn't a demon report back that a member of the order also can be in and out of limbo as well?

Also Dante has limited interactions with the real world when he's pulled into limbo evidenced by the scene where the swat team breaks into Vergil's organization head quarters and Dante is only able to pull down walls that Kat specifically sprays some spell on.

KillerIsDeadFor Real

Yah I'm aware of that but Mundus was monitoring the exchange, and if he was smart probably people who knew about the situation were monitoring a very important power shifting exchange. Let alone having surveillance tape (because apparently they have surveillance cameras everywhere) of this exchange and analyzing what went wrong would make someone go "hmm this guy in this weird coat looks exactly like Dante.. hmm." Also why wouldn't there be a ton of swat people at this exchange forming a perimeter, etc, etc, with snipers and the like.

But weren't they too far away to actually see Dante or Vergil?:/

Dominus

But weren't they too far away to actually see Dante or Vergil?:/
Well seeing there's demon cameras all over the place watching people, let alone able to zoom up to an extreme degree, I couldn't see why they wouldn't be able to get footage of the event.

Also the fact that demon's were able to previously pull Vergil into limbo(at his base) might set off the need to have surveillance on this key event.

KillerIsDeadFor Real

Well seeing there's demon cameras all over the place watching people, let alone able to zoom up to an extreme degree, I couldn't see why they wouldn't be able to get footage of the event.

But which would be more important; some stiff in a suit and fedora, or an international terrorist that's dangerous to you and you want him dead as soon as possible?

Also the fact that demon's were able to previously pull Vergil into limbo(at his base) might set off the need to have surveillance on this key event.

I always thought it was because he used magic to create that barrier and demons found that odd. And also in the tower, all attention was on Dante, while Vergil was free to do his own thing.

Nelo The Great

OH MY GOD!!! YOUR AVATAR EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! THE SAME ARM AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!

in all honesty, i would reboot god hand and Nero as the same person in a cross buy game for the vita and ps3 called
DmC: God Hand. Nero is the god hand, given powers in his right arm after he was approached by angels. Genius.

Dominus

I always thought it was because he used magic to create that barrier and demons found that odd. And also in the tower, all attention was on Dante, while Vergil was free to do his own thing.
They both could be seen as terrorists at this point seeing they both have guns aimed at a swat team, so they could easily deduce that they both are potential threats to Lilith. And come on its like 2 people how hard is it to monitor 2 potential threats when you have thousands of cameras and thousands of demons at your disposal? Would you just ignore the guy with the sniper rifle? Also in this scene it says Vergil is trapped in limbo and seeing that you usually only find Dante in limbo when demons bring him there it seems likely that Vergil was dragged into there as well. If not then the demons seeing him in limbo while they are fighting Dante might set off some alarms that this guy might be special.
9:22 at this video:

Top Bottom