• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So Vergil doesn't use guns?

Dominus

I wouldn't mind Vergil using a gun in the remake, but that one scene where he uses a gun just feels out of place imo. I think it have been hilarious though if he used summoned swords in that scene and stabbed/shot Lilith lolllll

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Does the novel count, you know with Vergil as Gilver? In that he shoots Dante with a shotgun

Dominus

Did we know he had that attack at that point in the game? I guess the game was saving it for the boss fight, like a surprise?:/
Didn't he use it in a cutscene though before that?
And also wasn't the DMC1 novel before DMC3 was made, so wasn't that all retconned?? (I haven't read the novels or mangas btw..)

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
DmC doesnt have a hard mode

......what does that have to do with what I said?

Did we know he had that attack at that point in the game? I guess the game was saving it for the boss fight, like a surprise?:/

Well most of the people who have been keeping track of the trailers knew, or more specifically the Vergil DLC trailers, but I can't help but feel that it wasn't anything like a "surprise" that was being held from us and was just something NT overlooked when making that scene.

A summon sword would have worked just as nicely.

And would not have ticked off some of those fans who hate seeing Vergil using a gun (although I didn't mind it as much).

Dominus

......what does that have to do with what I said?

Well most of the people who have been keeping track of the trailers knew, or more specifically the Vergil DLC trailers, but I can't help but feel that it wasn't anything like a "surprise" that was being held from us and was just something NT overlooked when making that scene.

A summon sword would have worked just as nicely.

And would not have ticked off some of those fans who hate seeing Vergil using a gun (although I didn't mind it as much).
Well I think I know why... being with the whole spoiler limbo and the real world not combining yet, but you see Vergil carry around Yamato all the time

Dominus

He didn't summon swords because that would have gave away his true identity as one of the sons of Sparda. Humans don't usually have a superpower to conjure up swords from nowhere. Makes sense.
But at this point if they couldn't tell that Vergil and Dante were twins just from looks and they know Dante is a Nephilim (seeing they have surveillance EVERYWHERE) they are pretty dumb..

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
He didn't summon swords because that would have gave away his true identity as one of the sons of Sparda. Humans don't usually have a superpower to conjure up swords from nowhere. Makes sense.

But how would that exactly show he is a son of Sparda?

He could have simply been a rogue demon or Sparda sympathizer who chose to help his son.
Well I think I know why... being with the whole spoiler limbo and the real world not combining yet, but you see Vergil carry around Yamato all the time

That may be the case.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
But at this point if they couldn't tell that Vergil and Dante were twins just from looks and they know Dante is a Nephilim (seeing they have surveillance EVERYWHERE) they are pretty dumb..
Vergil did a pretty good job in keeping himself secret and with all the attention focused on Dante no one would ever even think that he actually had a brother. No one knew of Vergil's existence and from the looks the ones that were there making the trade were police officers who also know nothing of the reality of the situation. They had no clue Dante is a supernatural being just like they don't know what Lillith actually is. To them, it's just a hostage situation to get back one of the most successful businessmen in the world and to the public eye, "a good man's" wife from the "terrorist" known as Dante.

Dominus

Vergil did a pretty good job in keeping himself secret and with all the attention focused on Dante no one would ever even think that he actually had a brother. No one knew of Vergil's existence and from the looks the ones that were there making the trade were police officers who also know nothing of the reality of the situation. They had no clue Dante is a supernatiral being just like they don't know what Lillith actually is. To them, it's just a hostage situation to get back the wife of one of the most successful businessmen in the world and to the public eye, "a good man" from the "terrorist" known as Dante.
Yah I'm aware of that but Mundus was monitoring the exchange, and if he was smart probably people who knew about the situation were monitoring a very important power shifting exchange. Let alone having surveillance tape (because apparently they have surveillance cameras everywhere) of this exchange and analyzing what went wrong would make someone go "hmm this guy in this weird coat looks exactly like Dante.. hmm." Also why wouldn't there be a ton of swat people at this exchange forming a perimeter, etc, etc, with snipers and the like.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
But how would that exactly show he is a son of Sparda?

He could have simply been a rogue demon or Sparda sympathizer who chose to help his son.

That may be the case.
They sure as hell would know he isn't human and it's safe to say it was ok for Vergil to be out in the open since no one there actually knows what Mundus's real agenda is and it's not like they could get a good look at the guy. First priority was making sure Lillith was safe. It was a hostage situation.

Yah I'm aware of that but Mundus was monitoring the exchange, and if he was smart probably people who knew about the situation were monitoring a very important power shifting exchange. Let alone having surveillance tape (because apparently they have surveillance cameras everywhere) of this exchange and analyzing what went wrong would make someone go "hmm this guy in this weird coat looks exactly like Dante.. hmm." Also why wouldn't there be a ton of swat people at this exchange forming a perimeter, etc, etc, with snipers and the like.
Thing is the biggest factor around Mundus's control of the world was the subtle way in how it was accomplished and also maintained. Also, just use your brain for a second. There are cracks in Mundus's foundation and for Vergil to have kept his identity a secret for so long he must have figured out how to work in between them. No one can keep an eye on everyone at all times. Just because they have a pretty massive hold on the world it's just common sense to know that there are blind spots. Vergil must know how to exploit them and that becomes also a top priority if you decide to declare a rebellion against a massive power that is already controlling the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom