• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So Vergil doesn't use guns?

Dominus

If they make vergil use guns it would kill his appeal in this game
TBH I'm a hardcore Vergil fanboy and I don't care if he uses a gun once in a while. They pretty much made it clear in the last battle that Vergil's fighting style doesn't utilize guns.

chocolatepanda

Doesn't prevent an easy kidnapping or hell even a bombing that you could pin on Vergil's "terrorist" organization.
Dont understand what u mean by this

Yah but if Vergil and Dante are both in the same situation in a city that has heavy surveillance, let alone an important exchange with a group of people trying to bring down your organization, you'd want to get a closer look at the people involved in that exchange. So going through the tape of say camera footage from one of the city's thousands of cameras, from this important event that went wrong some Demon could be like "Hey who is this guy that has a gun alongside the Nephilim? Is he a demon or a human, oh wait look.. look his face matches Dante's! MAybe he's a Nephilim!!" Hell I just had to check something and before Kat gets kidnapped, Vergil is dragged into limbo! Wouldn't a demon report back that a member of the order also can be in and out of limbo as well?

Also Dante has limited interactions with the real world when he's pulled into limbo evidenced by the scene where the swat team breaks into Vergil's organization head quarters and Dante is only able to pull down walls that Kat specifically sprays some spell on.​

Virgil kept a low profile for the most part didnt he. And i just said that they dont look alike until you look closer. From a distance nothing would make you go oh they look sooo much alike considering they dont look like they do. Virgil didnt fight back in Limbo so he still didnt seem like much of a threat since he organization just got raided. Nothing really says Virgil is a nephilim considering he didnt make any major moves till Dante came into they picture. Even though he got dragged into limbo that just means he's probably a demon(and a weak since he could fend of 1 dude) not a nephilim.

He is limited but you never to how much it will limit him and also like i mention before Lilith is a demon so even if Dante is pulled into limbo he might still be able to attack her from there.

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
TBH I'm a hardcore Vergil fanboy and I don't care if he uses a gun once in a while. They pretty much made it clear in the last battle that Vergil's fighting style doesn't utilize guns.
Well it's ok to use a gun when you with Dante I guess but as his weapons it won't look right

Rising Sun

Can we just end this argument here??

Vergil obviously trained with firearms, so guns weren't completely out of the question.

Edit:

This is what happens when you give Vergil something to shoot with... he'll just use it as a specialized melee weapon. :steve:

Dominus

Dont understand what u mean by this

Virgil kept a low profile for the most part didnt he. And i just said that they dont look alike until you look closer. From a distance nothing would make you go oh they look sooo much alike considering they dont look like they do. Virgil didnt fight back in Limbo so he still didnt seem like much of a threat since he organization just got raided. Nothing really says Virgil is a nephilim considering he didnt make any major moves till Dante came into they picture. Even though he got dragged into limbo that just means he's probably a demon(and a weak since he could fend of 1 dude) not a nephilim.

He is limited but you never to how much it will limit him and also like i mention before Lilith is a demon so even if Dante is pulled into limbo he might still be able to attack her from there.
I haven't seen any instance of a demon being pulled into limbo in the game, usually they are the ones in limbo that pull people into it. Even if they thought he was a demon, the fact that the head of the order is not human would be of a big concern to Mundus and that would be further investigated. I mean once Mundus heard a demon was trying to produce a nephilim he got right on that (and took into his own hands literally). And in the exchange scene like I said they have tons of surveillance cameras all over that zoomed in on Dante in the past, don't you think they'd want to zoom on Dante and his mysterious partner with a sniper rifle? Then say this guy with the sniper rifle was the same demon/nephilim in the order hideout that escaped!!! Hey look, he looks like Dante..

A

Can we just end this argument here??

Vergil obviously trained with firearms, so guns weren't completely out of the question.

Edit:

This is what happens when you give Vergil something to shoot with... he'll just use it as a specialized melee weapon. :steve:
I like the part where he stabs the guy in the beginning sword fight and he holds the sword there as he falls (budget constraints) 0:52. Still good move though (for action that is)..

Last edited by a moderator:

Rising Sun

I like the part where he stabs the guy in the beginning sword fight and he holds the sword there as he falls (budget constraints) 0:52. Still good move though (for action that is)..

I thought it was a good movie with a decent script. Very Shakespearean, as a matter of fact. :troll:

chocolatepanda

I haven't seen any instance of a demon being pulled into limbo in the game, usually they are the ones in limbo that pull people into it. Even if they thought he was a demon, the fact that the head of the order is not human would be of a big concern to Mundus and that would be further investigated. I mean once Mundus heard a demon was trying to produce a nephilim he got right on that (and took into his own hands literally). And in the exchange scene like I said they have tons of surveillance cameras all over that zoomed in on Dante in the past, don't you think they'd want to zoom on Dante and his mysterious partner with a sniper rifle? Then say this guy with the sniper rifle was the same demon/nephilim in the order hideout that escaped!!! Hey look, he looks like Dante..

From what you're saying Dante himself shoulda figured out who Virgil was the instant he met him but he didnt because the arent exact copies of each other. Even though Virgil seemed to be more than human since he was pulled into Limbo doesnt make him an threat of any kind since like i said before he seemed VERY WEAK to the point he could kill one demon and with his organization being destroyed he seemed like even less of threat than he already was so that doesnt warrant any further investigation. Also at the exchange scene Virgil looks extremely normal since he has a gun this time around and not Yamato.

Dominus

From what you're saying Dante himself shoulda figured out who Virgil was the instant he met him but he didnt because the arent exact copies of each other. Even though Virgil seemed to be more than human since he was pulled into Limbo doesnt make him an threat of any kind since like i said before he seemed VERY WEAK to the point he could kill one demon and with his organization being destroyed he seemed like even less of threat than he already was so that doesnt warrant any further investigation. Also at the exchange scene Virgil looks extremely normal since he has a gun this time around and not Yamato.
The point isn't that he appears weak but that he can transverse worlds like a Nephilim which has huge implications. Let alone making a spell that prevented a monster from attacking. Also the fact that they both escape from the building through limbo might warrant further investigation.

And in the exchange scene its not the fact that Vergil doesn't look normal, but the fact that he is holding a gun and seems to be working with the supposed Nephilim who is a threat.. "Who is the same guy who also was pulled into limbo at the Order compound and who mysteriously escaped (through limbo). All signs point to investigate that guy!"

Also that that scene you're talking about I thought was pretty dumb because if I saw someone who had the same face as I did I'd be like wow are you my brother (right away)?

Martius

SSSmokin!
I have twin brother so that sounds stupid for me. Nearly everyone who have seen us for first time was something like "You look identical, i cant tell difference". Bob showed Dante that they got Vergil photo, no one even thought of comparing them?

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
They could have made Dante's inability to recognize his resemblance to Vergil a nice little character moment instead of Dante looking like an idiot.

Vergil: Don't you recognize me?

Dante: ...nope.

Vergil: ...Have you looked in a mirror lately?

Dante: Hell no. Why would I with a mug this ugly? *smirk

Calypso Dynamo

Personally I don't see the one instance in DmC going against Vergil's ethics about guns, i see it more as a simple tool for eliminating waste, like a toilet and in an actual fight i could see him only using his sword, as for the issue of the twins, is it just me or are they not identical in this one, does anyone have there head models with out hair because while similar they really look different to me in this game.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
......what does that have to do with what I said?

Well most of the people who have been keeping track of the trailers knew, or more specifically the Vergil DLC trailers, but I can't help but feel that it wasn't anything like a "surprise" that was being held from us and was just something NT overlooked when making that scene.

A summon sword would have worked just as nicely.

And would not have ticked off some of those fans who hate seeing Vergil using a gun (although I didn't mind it as much).
He couldn't use a summoned sword because Mundus thought he was just human and he didn't want to give himself away as a nephilim

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
He should have just stuck a gag and a bomb on her, waited until Kat was on their barricade and Lillith was on the other, then detonated, ensuring Kat's safety, definitively killed Lillith and the Child, and removed the SWATs from the equation.

It would make a nice thematic underline to the fact that Vergil is a terrorist, made him look like a competent tactician and have given Dante a moment to be properly outraged before Mundas flipped the street over.

And it would have kept the old fans happy by not having him violate a key thematic distinction he has from Dante.

The reason Vergil used a gun in DmC IMO is because Mundus didn't know he existed, if he came out summoning swords I think they'd clock on that he was Dante's brother. (Although did no one notice they look identical?) So he used a rifle to pretend he was powerless, Human. All they know is he is the leader of the resistance, so by using a gun he plays a lie that they believe which is he is just a normal Human being.

Maybe I'm wrong but like I said, that's my opinion. A lot of the stuff in DmC is usually taken wrong anyway. :)

Domenic93

I find it stupid that vergil is this child prodigy who made millions on security software before he was 18 (if I remember right), You would think that Mundus would keep a close watch on someone who became the a millionaire, without his permission, Just like how the Patriots didn't have plans to make Snake a hero, and if having white hair is a sign of being a nephelim, especially if you have pictures of him and see he's very young and is not albino, that he would be someone you would keep tabs on.
also couldn't vergil just make it look like it was Dante who used the summoned swords? I mean they weren't far away.

AlchemistFromEden

Personally I don't see the one instance in DmC going against Vergil's ethics about guns, i see it more as a simple tool for eliminating waste, like a toilet and in an actual fight i could see him only using his sword, as for the issue of the twins, is it just me or are they not identical in this one, does anyone have there head models with out hair because while similar they really look different to me in this game.
they technically have the same facial model but their faces are adjusted to fit the form of their mo-cap actors, making them look more fraternal

why people act like vergil has never used a gun before and why they think its a pivotal point of his character to the point that logic like "don't wanna be discovered by mundus" gets knocked out the window, we will never know

Last edited by a moderator:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I find it stupid that vergil is this child prodigy who made millions on security software before he was 18 (if I remember right), You would think that Mundus would keep a close watch on someone who became the a millionaire, without his permission, Just like how the Patriots didn't have plans to make Snake a hero, and if having white hair is a sign of being a nephelim, especially if you have pictures of him and see he's very young and is not albino, that he would be someone you would keep tabs on.
also couldn't vergil just make it look like it was Dante who used the summoned swords? I mean they weren't far away.
I agree, this doesn't make sense. I have possible idea why this happens though. There's the article abou Kyle Ryder taking over from a guy called Prettik (sp?) as head of finances as appointed by the president. This happens a week prior to the start of the game. So could it be that Mundus didn't have acces to that king of surveillance until that point? :/

What else doesn't make sense is Mundus killing Eva in Kyle Ryder's body, and then he has around 10 years after that doing who knows what as Kyle Ryder. In the Vergil comic, Virility was still being perfected to control humans, and Raptor Network was just getting off the ground and that was not long before the events of the game. Surely it couldn't take 10+ years to take over the world like that, even if he wasn't going in all guns blazing and taking over by force.

So I guess what I'm getting at is maybe Mundus was not in a great level of power in the human world at that point to even figure out Vergil was a threat. I guess he was more concerned with playing the business world and establishing himself with the humans.He didn't know Vergil even existed with no name and face and knowledge that he was even alive. You can't find a guy that doesn't exist to you.
Plus how long has Vergil been running The Order? He could have spent years hiding underground and plotting.
However, surely demons would have sensed something was different about Vergil and pulled him to Limbo? They caught Dante enough, but maybe because he did something to get their attention each time (hitting the can from that guy and the dancer at the club).

Mundus took down Eva and Sparda quickly enough, so I don't know why it took him so long to get Dante. Mundus could have found him quicker, but all that happens to Dante is that he is put in prison- not killed- just prison. They had a load of chances to kill Dante in the child homes and youth correctional facilities. Seems like attempts were made, but it was half-assed. :p

Martius

SSSmokin!
why people act like vergil has never used a gun before and why they think its a pivotal point of his character to the point that logic like "don't wanna be discovered by mundus" gets knocked out the window, we will never know
Because showing your face next to you twin brother is good idea when you want to keep your identity in secret!

Top Bottom