• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So um, what happened to the movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefNero

Dante Must Die.
Alright, I just learned as of today a live action movie was going to be made? Was it canceled? Then I hear about another movie being made? Are they both in production? Is any in production? From all these other resources like, IGN, IMDB, and other sites that seem pretty official I'm getting confused.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
AFAIK There is no movie. It will not be made to my knowledge. I may be wrong, but it was only speculation. We used to have an area for it, but as it wasn't really coming, like the PSP section, the staff got rid of it.

Keaton

Premium
There was a teaser for a movie which featured Nero and Dante.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd3_zucizT8

Although no other news has been released on the matter, and TBH I HATE the idea of a Live Action Devil May Cry...reminds me of Power Rangers.

Hope that helps ChefNero, until there is some SOLID and OFFICIAL info there will not be another Movie Section ^^

EDIT: Also, moved the Thread to Devil May Cry General Discussion ^_o

RedRose

Kael
^ agreed about the power ranger thing (even though it's funny that you say it because the voice actors for vergil and dante were power rangers at one point, lol)

I saw the teasers and i thought they sucked, even the costumes were extremely inacurate and the moves and special effects were very corny.

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
I dunno, I think a live action DMC would work if they got the right people. For instance, my director of choice for it would be Guillermo Del Toro (Hellboy), mostly because I really like his visual aesthetic.

As for whether or not it'll be made, I think that it probably will at some point.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
No Live action movie, it would suck. Just look at Resident Evil for instance. If anything, it's better if a CGI movie is made

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
I just has a thought: DMC, directed by David Lynch. It would be nigh incomprehensible.

Railazel

Really, I feel like the people needed to produce the movie are those who created the original games and know how DMC works. Also, they should choose people who look like the characters and can ACTUALLY PLAY THEM!

Although, I'm happy. My chances of audition for a leading role in a DMC movie are still good :D.

Pantera Queen

Railazel;179927 said:
Really, I feel like the people needed to produce the movie are those who created the original games and know how DMC works. Also, they should choose people who look like the characters and can ACTUALLY PLAY THEM!

Although, I'm happy. My chances of audition for a leading role in a DMC movie are still good :D.

I agree:D

I don't want any noobs slaughtering my favorite game series.

AzureNight13;179734 said:
No Live action movie, it would suck. Just look at Resident Evil for instance. If anything, it's better if a CGI movie is made

I've never seen the Resident Evil movies but from I've read they butchered that series>_<

I tottally agree about a CG movie. Why not just do what Final Fantasy VIII did.

Railazel

Madam_Verdice©;179938 said:
I agree:D

I don't want any noobs slaughtering my favorite game series.

I've never seen the Resident Evil movies but from I've read they butchered that series>_<

I tottally agree about a CG movie. Why not just do what Final Fantasy VIII did.

To tell you the truth, I've seen Resident Evil movies, weren't all too bad... I guess. But, I have seen a live- action Street Fighter movie, not too bad, either, but they had corny effects.

As for a CGI movie, I don't know, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children kind of scarred me on that one.

Pantera Queen

Railazel;179941 said:
To tell you the truth, I've seen Resident Evil movies, weren't all too bad... I guess. But, I have seen a live- action Street Fighter movie, not too bad, either, but they had corny effects.

As for a CGI movie, I don't know, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children kind of scarred me on that one.

Hopefully DMC could make an even better CGI film and actually try developing the story more.

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
AzureNight13;179936 said:

David Lynch is a director known for...odd plots. He is most famous for the TV series Twin Peaks, and also directed a movie called Lost Highway and also Dune back in the 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom