• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So, those millions of people Vergil got killed... again.(SPOILERS)

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
She wasn't HIS toy, but sure she was a toy for his pleasure. He was a douchebag alright, but most of the fans hoped he was a little better than that ( Dan included). That's why I felt in DMC5 ending, Vergil was the same idiot he was in DMC3: all V's arc seems so empty now that I know DMC5's ending.
Vergil never sayd that Nero s mother was not important to her... For me dmc 5 give more deep to vergil

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Vergil never sayd that Nero s mother was not important to her... For me dmc 5 give more deep to vergil
According to Dan, the original line was quite dismissive of her. It was Dan who made the line less dismissive. the same way it's easy to conclude Vergil is only interested in Nero because of Nero's immense power. Dante doesn't trust Vergil either, so that tells a lot about his hypothetical redemption.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Dante doesn't trust Vergil either, so that tells a lot about his hypothetical redemption.

Which actually makes a lot more sense than having Vergil do a sudden 180 shift in personality out of nowhere (cough cough DmC cough cough) and become some goody two shoes guy and having Dante trust him right away as if nothing happened.

Gel

Premium
Which actually makes a lot more sense than having Vergil do a sudden 180 shift in personality out of nowhere (cough cough DmC cough cough) and become some goody two shoes guy and having Dante trust him right away as if nothing happened.
It makes a lot of sense he didn't become a goody goody man at the end, but DMC5 tries to make you empathize with V( who turns out to be Vergil's human side), but in the end, Vergil changes 0% of his persona. ( or the writer is very bad at making personalities )

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
He seemed a bit more cheerful and like a friendly rival in the end of the game when fighting Dante for weeks

But other than that he doesn't seem much different at all

Vergil95

According to Dan, the original line was quite dismissive of her. It was Dan who made the line less dismissive. the same way it's easy to conclude Vergil is only interested in Nero because of Nero's immense power. Dante doesn't trust Vergil either, so that tells a lot about his hypothetical redemption.
We can't say vergil is only interested in Nero because of its power... In the end of dmc 5 dante and vergil remain friendly rivale like vegeta and goku, and I think vergil actually changed a bit in dmc 5 and vergil was never really 100% evil

Lunafreya

She wasn't HIS toy, but sure she was a toy for his pleasure. He was a douchebag alright, but most of the fans hoped he was a little better than that ( Dan included). That's why I felt in DMC5 ending, Vergil was the same idiot he was in DMC3: all V's arc seems so empty now that I know DMC5's ending.
in DMC3 he was pretty much one dimensional big bad evil,in the the DMC3 manga he was even worse,slicing people left and right for irritating him a bit.someone like that would have something special with a human woman? at least i can KINDA see it for DMC5 Vergil.unless they plan to retcon how he was in that timeline,it just sounds ridiculous.
even Dante is suggested to have casual flings in the novel,difference is Dante was careful about it because he cared about the consequences i guess,while a selfish guy like Vergil wouldnt much do so.
but why do you say that he is the same idiot in DMC3 by the end of 5? i thought they did good trying to bring his character around.of course they need to do more with his character as far as redeeming himself but its a good start it seems,it opens possibilities for him in the future.

Gel

Premium
even Dante is suggested to have casual flings in the novel,difference is Dante was careful about it because he cared about the consequences i guess,while a selfish guy like Vergil wouldnt much do so.
Nah, Capcom didn't think too much about it and Before the Nightmare retconned it , where it's Rock who had the fings( you know, Dante's lookalike)
but why do you say that he is the same idiot in DMC3 by the end of 5? i thought they did good trying to bring his character around. Of course, they need to do more with his character as far as redeeming himself but it's a good start it seems,it opens possibilities for him in the future.
Everybody was expecting for something more, er, elaborated, but it stayed quite flat with a typical serial killer's "Mamma didn't love me enough and I'm jealous of Dante" oedipal kind of explanation. This explanation already existed and everybody said how poor and out of character it was. It turns out it was just it. Even the ending is flat as flat it can be: a friend asked me if I thought the ending will be good. I just answered her" they will go to hell and fight for all eternity". I hit the jackpot even it was several months before its release.
Fanfic writers can do a better job than this. ( but DMC story was never glorious to begin with)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I guess DMC6 might further develop this plot thread. Vergil's strong enough to handle a spinoff/lead role.

I do stand by my suggestion that DMCV would have benefited more from having Vergil from the get go than splitting him into V/Urizen.

V's great but he's wasted as Vergil's humanity or whatever. Just keep him in the back pocket for a spinoff.

The V/Urizen/Vergil split muddied the waters too much. I rather have Vergil from the get go, exploring his character and watching him earn/fail.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

I personally envisioned Vergil as not someone who would take desperate measures to get stronger.

I feel that it "ruined" his characterization to take shortcuts, where he believes being a full demon can make himself stronger and going for a performance-enhancing Devil Fruit.
The Vergil in my head would seclude himself in some demon-infested forest, mountains or whatever to train and sharpen his skills and challenge Dante again.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I personally envisioned Vergil as not someone who would take desperate measures to get stronger.

He didn't do it to get stronger. He did it to survive. His flesh was crumbling, as V told Trish, and he was about to die.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium

I feel that it "ruined" his characterization to take shortcuts, where he believes being a full demon can make himself stronger and going for a performance-enhancing Devil Fruit.
The Vergil in my head would seclude himself in some demon-infested forest, mountains or whatever to train and sharpen his skills and challenge Dante again.
I see your point, but at the same time I kinda disagree because in 3 he was after Sparda's sword which would grant him external power rather than honing his own skills which you can argue is why he ultimately lost to Dante in the final battle of 3, that he became too obsessed with Sparda that his own skills dulled whilst Dante caught up and surpassed him.

Goldsickle

He didn't do it to get stronger.
The whole thing sounded like he did it purely to defeat Dante.

If it's about him crumbling to pieces, he'd probably go on a journey to find some potent potion, holy water or nectar to recover.
And he didn't eat the Qlipoth fruit to "recover" either.
Vergil has some fight left in him despite dying, so once again, the Vergil I envisioned would use the last of his strength to fight whoever is in his way to find a method to heal himself.

I see your point, but at the same time I kinda disagree because in 3 he was after Sparda's sword which would grant him external power rather than honing his own skills which you can argue is why he ultimately lost to Dante in the final battle of 3, that he became too obsessed with Sparda that his own skills dulled whilst Dante caught up and surpassed him.
I don't see much problems with the Force Edge thing, since it's an inheritance that Sparda left behind for the sons to take in the first place.
It was his right but since there's only one, the only way to decide who gets it is probably for the brothers to agree or to fight over it.

Vergil wasn't fully dependent on the Force Edge, since he is seen wielding both Yamato and Force Edge together.
I don't think his skills "dulled" at all.
He lost because Dante became stronger in the end.

But I guess this is who Vergil is now.
I associated the whole "taking defeat badly" with the DmC Vergil.

Vergil95

Have you ever played dmc 3? Probably not if you say this since vergil want to become a full demon and take sparda power in dmc 3 to become more powerful and this sound like a shortcut to me, also in dmc 5 he was near death he cannot fight he had cut himself into two half and acquire the fruit from qliphoth in order to survive... In dmc 3 vergil wasn't able to defeat dante because dante embraced his humanity while vergil doesn't, this is something that dante say to urizen multiple time in dmc 5, vergil think that being a full demon and trowhing away his humanity could have make him stronger but he was so wrong and Infact he had to merge bake whit his human half... Also read the manga devil may cry 5 vision of V who explained many things about vergil intention in dmc 5 and v, it's not yet finished but you can read the first 3 chapter and they solve some things

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Have you ever played dmc 3?
Jesus f***ing Christ, can you properly format your posts with paragraphs and not a big wall of text?
Your posts are hard to read as ever.

Yeah, I played DMC3.
The whole thing didn't feel desperate because Vergil was already strong and he only wanted more power.
What Vergil did in the game felt more like "greed", because he was already powerful but he thirsts for more.

Another advice is you reading my previous posts before answering, because I already addressed how obtaining Force Edge/Sparda is his right, since it's something Sparda left behind for his sons.

this is something that dante say to urizen multiple time in dmc 5,
That adds to my lowered impression of Vergil.
He's now just another "typical DMC villain" who "casts away their humanity", like Agnus, Sanctus or Arkham, making them vulnerable to Dante's lecture.
It's not that Vergil is "badly written", it's just that I have different expectations of him.

Now OG Vergil is just as much as a "sore loser" as the DmC one.

Vergil95

Jesus f***ing Christ, can you properly format your posts with paragraphs and not a big wall of text?
Your posts are hard to read as ever.

Yeah, I played DMC3.
The whole thing didn't feel desperate because Vergil was already strong and he only wanted more power.
What Vergil did in the game felt more like "greed", because he was already powerful but he thirsts for more.

Another advice is you reading my previous posts before answering, because I already addressed how obtaining Force Edge/Sparda is his right, since it's something Sparda left behind for his sons.

That adds to my lowered impression of Vergil.
He's now just another "typical DMC villain" who "casts away their humanity", like Agnus, Sanctus or Arkham, making them vulnerable to Dante's lecture.
It's not that Vergil is "badly written", it's just that I have different expectations of him.

Now OG Vergil is just as much as a "sore loser" as the DmC one.
Yeah but force edge was a shortcut and vergil didn't train or else to get power, he wanted to use force edge to get more power because he think he was not enough powerful, also we can't say that sparda left force edge to his son, especially vergil who didn't take his father motive
Also vergil casted aside his humanity in dmc 3, he is just like agnus, arkham in a sense
And you should probably calm down a bit dude, Teach me How I should write properly, since I see that you find difficult reading my post, but I think they are completely fine

Goldsickle

Yeah but force edge was a shortcut
Remember how the Force Edge is the weakest weapon in DMC1?
It's not the true form of the weapon.

Vergil picked up the Force Edge as just another weapon and it didn't power him up in the final battle.
Sure, he gets Round Trip, Stinger and Helm Breaker but that's because like Dante, he can adapt to any new weapon he picks up.
The final battle with Vergil is still you going up against his own power.

I'll bet the Force Edge is weaker than the Beowulf he picked up earlier.
You gotta also remember that you can't Devil Trigger with the Force Edge.
This explains why Vergil needed to wield both Force Edge and Yamato at the same time.

Also vergil casted aside his humanity in dmc 3,
Then he could have pooped out V a long time ago but didn't.
Notice how he only did so after losing to Dante twice?
It's the same as DmC Vergil taking his loss so hard that he "killed off" the people close to him in his mind.

The whole thing felt like desperation or lashing out to cope with the pain of failure.
You lost to Dante?
Yeah, blame it on your human side.

but I think they are completely fine
Then you'll never improve nor notice when something could use improvement in your life.

If you think writing giant wall of text with no formatting or paragraphing is "completely fine", then there's something wrong with you.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Goldsickle @Vergil95
Chill. There’s no need to get confrontational, specially you Goldsickle. As long as it’s not spam people can write and post entire dissertations and from what I’ve read of V95 it’s not spam so chill.
I will lock this thread and answer that they’re all fine. They got dragonballed so Vergil killed no one.

Vergil95

Remember how the Force Edge is the weakest weapon in DMC1?
It's not the true form of the weapon.

Vergil picked up the Force Edge as just another weapon and it didn't power him up in the final battle.
Sure, he gets Round Trip, Stinger and Helm Breaker but that's because like Dante, he can adapt to any new weapon he picks up.
The final battle with Vergil is still you going up against his own power.

I'll bet the Force Edge is weaker than the Beowulf he picked up earlier.
You gotta also remember that you can't Devil Trigger with the Force Edge.
This explains why Vergil needed to wield both Force Edge and Yamato at the same time.

Then he could have pooped out V a long time ago but didn't.
Notice how he only did so after losing to Dante twice?
It's the same as DmC Vergil taking his loss so hard that he "killed off" the people close to him in his mind.

The whole thing felt like desperation or lashing out to cope with the pain of failure.
You lost to Dante?
Yeah, blame it on your human side.

Then you'll never improve nor notice when something could use improvement in your life.

If you think writing giant wall of text with no formatting or paragraphing is "completely fine", then there's something wrong with you.
I m not talking about the final battle but the fact that vergil want force edge to power up instead of simply training ecc like you sayd but this is not dragon ball since they do not train to become stronger, also vergil didn't separate himself before because it was riski he used it as a method of last resort to survive... Also I ask you how I should improve my post even if I don't see any problem in it

Top Bottom