• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So this guy at 4Chan claims he tested the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante47

i don't know... i just feel the detail he describes is terribly accurate and real.
Don't let him woo you over, it's all fake. The fact he is so descriptive gives him away. The whole wig thing sounds stupid and Ninja Theory isn't one for Easter Eggs.

RedgraveStorm

I seem to remember about a year ago there was a guy on 4chan claiming to be a former employee of Ninja Theory. Like this it had a lot of detail that could mainly have been built from the rumors and information we actually had at that point.

He also said he'd never talked to Tameem, despite being a developer on the game, so yeah. He also claimed that a pic from a DMC4 mod centered around Vergil was from a secret Platinum games Vergil spinoff game.

Also with how diligent Capcom is with leaks it seems, they would've found this by now. And as others have said, that's waaay too much story info for a playtester to have.

berto

I Saw the Devil
i don't know... i just feel the detail he describes is terribly accurate and real.

They all are. Well, if you want to belive him it's fine, but try not to put too much stock on it. We got a week till the embarco lifts, you can refer back to this if you see anything next week that might support the claims the guy makes.

But come on! Mudus is a fat dude and Lilith is his dominatrix bitch? I just... Oh, god, I hope not...

Dante47

Yeah, fake. The spray paint **** is where it just doesn't even sound good. Ninja Theory probably wasn't thinking "YEAH!!! MAGIC SPRAY PAINT!!!! THAT'S WHAT DEVIL MAY CRY NEEDS!!!"
The controls seem like bullshit too, weapon swapping? Really? I was led to believe they automatically switch with different combos since Rebellion can transform. See? I've already found a hole in this story.
Also, he says that he predicted the Angel and Devil modes. Yeah, we did too because Dante is now Angel and Demon, its obvious there will be Angel and Demon powers.
God this guy is full of ****.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
lol relax.Its 4chan.
The very heart,soul and life force of the internet.This is a place beyond sanity,wild and untamed.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ok, so we've established that we all all but know it's rubish, if not for the source but also the content. You all gatta admit, it's pretty entertaining, though. It's like getting an early fanfic of the game. I liked the whole Kat is psychic thing, it just clicked well with me.

Tiran

The great pretender.
OOOH KAAY! So, first, this guy isn't sure what Kats name is even though she's in several cut-scenes he played through. He never gives Kat's description even though it's something we are all in the dark about that would help prove his claims.

Also, the bug thing isn't suspended by wires, she's attached to a single plug hanging from the ceiling like a light bulb. She also has electric powers, something he failed to describe. Also, Her hands are not her only weak point as evident in the part of the trailer where Dante rushes her and attacks her body head on. Also, did she fall in yellow liquid or get cut up by a big fan?

He say's Vergil looks nothing like Vergil from previous games and yet gives no description of him other than a black coat he's wearing. You'd think that a physical description of Vergil would be a pretty important piece of info to give. Perhaps his hairstyle?

And... A cut-scene where Mundus is F*cking a demon whore while giving exposition at the same time that only serves to acknowledge and confirm what we've just done ourselves?!

He uses phrases like "Or something" and "Like that" which are not very affirmative for someone who actually experienced these things.

The 'wig' thing... Dante's hair turns white during devil trigger and he would know this. So him berating white hair ...That's just fan-boy flame baiting.

He has not told us anything more than could be guessed. or any areas the trailers or screenshots have not revealed. The things he says have no context to what we know or what we know about Ninja Theory.

In conclusion... Bulls#it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
OOOH KAAY! So, first, this guy isn't sure what Kats name is even though she's in several cut-scenes he played through. He never gives Kat's description even though it's something we are all in the dark about that would help prove his claims.

Also, the bug thing isn't suspended by wires, she's attached to a single plug hanging from the ceiling like a light bulb. She also has electric powers, something he failed to describe. Also, Her hands are not her only weak point as evident in the part of the trailer where Dante rushes her and attacks her body head on. Also, did she fall in yellow liquid or get cut up by a big fan?

He say's Vergil looks nothing like Vergil from previous games and yet gives no description of him other than a black coat he's wearing. You'd think that a physical description of Vergil would be a pretty important piece of info to give. Perhaps his hairstyle?

And... A cut-scene where Mundus is F*cking a demon whore while giving exposition at the same time that only serves to acknowledge and confirm what we've just done ourselves?!

He uses phrases like "Or something" and "Like that" which are not very affirmative for someone who actually experienced these things.

The 'wig' thing... Dante's hair turns white during devil trigger and he would know this. So him berating white hair ...That's just fan-boy flame baiting.

He has not told us anything more than could be guessed. or any areas the trailers or screenshots have not revealed. The things he says have no context to what we know or what we know about Ninja Theory.

In conclusion... Bulls#it.

Does this guy know how to party or WHAT!!???

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ok, so we've established that we all all but know it's rubish, if not for the source but also the content. You all gatta admit, it's pretty entertaining, though. It's like getting an early fanfic of the game. I liked the whole Kat is psychic thing, it just clicked well with me.

I think kat being a witch or psychic was one of my theories so its funny to see that level of synergy.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
And maybe unrelated, on 4chan they too showed Diablo III release date in march, but sadly on this day I not seen game in my local shops :/. 4chan is crap, they troll everyone.

Dante47

I don't think Kat is a witch, I think she just has a strange understanding of the Demon world. I don't know how far their relationship goes (Dante's and Kat's that is) but they don't seem too close, talking rarely and only in important events. Their relationship is probably similar too Monkey and Trip's bond in Enslaved. I can't identify whats on her back either, but it's not a Rocket Launcher like everyone claims. It's not magic spray paint either! :devil:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Kat is provably not her name, ether. Then again... anyone else getting really high hopes for Captivate to have a really big DMC release?

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I remember watching a TV show(probably CSI or whatnot) and a person says that when a person lies, that person will try to add on irrelevant information to make the lie more believable. I don't know much about 4chan but judging by the way you guys talk about it, I'm assuming they're like the dregs of society? I'm not trying to offend anyone here. I just don't know much about that site.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I remember watching a TV show(probably CSI or whatnot) and a person says that when a person lies, that person will try to add on irrelevant information to make the lie more believable. I don't know much about 4chan but judging by the way you guys talk about it, I'm assuming they're like the dregs of society? I'm not trying to offend anyone here. I just don't know much about that site.

You really want to know? It's much more worst than youtube i can tell you that.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"

You really want to know? It's much more worst than youtube i can tell you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom