• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So new DMC animated series are coming to Netflix

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Ew. He somehow manages to look older than he should in one frame and then not old enough in the next frame.
I'm not watching it. Hope it doesn't suck, I guess?

Cosmefulanito94

I think it will be a re-adaptation based Adi's point of view.

The outfit is too "normal" for Dante, maybe is a version of Tony Redgrave because those guns don't look similar from the flash promo version
IMG-20230926-194259.jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, so...
Is that an official art of E&I? What is this, then? DmC? DmC+DMC= New Original Mix? I am baffled as to how to process this. You have this and the trailer, which looks a bit ok but with details I'm not loving, such as the dirty shirt, a Dante that looks like Nero and odd color scheme, and the rumors that it's all a joined universe with Castlevania, which had really high points and brutally low ones that just soured the experience. Also, why the hell do they have to be related at all? I don't really think I'd care if the anime was DmC but doing another interpretations that's supposed to link with Castlevania and is a weird mix of the franchise really doesn't click with me.

Cosmefulanito94

Yeah, so...
Is that an official art of E&I? What is this, then? DmC? DmC+DMC= New Original Mix? I am baffled as to how to process this. You have this and the trailer, which looks a bit ok but with details I'm not loving, such as the dirty shirt, a Dante that looks like Nero and odd color scheme, and the rumors that it's all a joined universe with Castlevania, which had really high points and brutally low ones that just soured the experience. Also, why the hell do they have to be related at all? I don't really think I'd care if the anime was DmC but doing another interpretations that's supposed to link with Castlevania and is a weird mix of the franchise really doesn't click with me.
Maybe they are final version of E&I or maybe the guns that we watched in the teaser are E&I itself and the form of the picture is a DTed form.

Furthermore how much true are those rumours? I don't remember read it from an official source, only a theory that with time Reddit and YouTuber started to sell it like a fact. I don't think it will be a possibility at the moment because DMC Series is going to have more seasons and Castlevania is doing its things.

@berto ; @Cosmefulanito94
The description is pretty vague but it hints at another look at Dante's early days. It's probably a loose adaptation centered around 3's plot.

Yeah the synopsis does say nothing. It's a regular description of all DMC and a generic game/anime.

Maybe it's a novel adaptation plus DMC3 because Lady and Vergil are going to appear.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Cosmefulanito94

Using the light novel before 3 could happen. To me doing a series set during 3 and 1's 10 year gap would've been great. I got into the series with 3 and found the anime and 4 to be dissapointing followups. In hindsight I would've preffered staying with DMC3 Dante a bit longer. So I'm hoping this take evolves into that premise.

Adi Shankar talked about this series being apart of the Bootleg Multiverse back when he announced it on Ign. That's how the crossover rumor got started.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil

@berto ; @Cosmefulanito94
The description is pretty vague but it hints at another look at Dante's early days. It's probably a loose adaptation centered around 3's plot.
Again? Lord. They really can't seem to figure out things to write about him on a regular setting. This'd be the 4th time they tackle that concept after the LN, 3 and DmC.

@Cosmefulanito94

Using the light novel before 3 could happen. To me doing a series set during 3 and 1's 10 year gap would've been great. I got into the series with 3 and found the anime and 4 to be dissapointing followups. In hindsight I would've preffered staying with DMC3 Dante a bit longer. So I'm hoping this take evolves into that premise.

Adi Shankar talked about this series being apart of the Bootleg Multiverse back when he announced it on Ign. That's how the crossover rumor got started.
I remember that. They haven't denied it yet but Itsuno is overseeing the project so hopefully that's a thing of the past.

Dr. Cheesesteak

I've never subbed to Netflix and have only logged on to a friend's account like once or twice to binge a show, so I'm unaware of just how cringe SJW it is.

That being said, man, it has some anime I really want to see. This included.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Will we have a brand new batch of characters to join the OGs? Depending on their potential to join the playable roster.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
^ Depends on whether they choose to adapt one of the games or go anime-original I guess.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Will we have a brand new batch of characters to join the OGs? Depending on their potential to join the playable roster.
Both Castlevania series are loose adaptations of their games mixed in with new stories.

So there are probably gonna be new characters but how big they are gonna be is unknown. They could just be side characters or background flavor.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Damn so much hate on just a few seconds. If itsuno is in and Reuben is in from that distinct whoohoo then I'm all game. New interpretation or whatever. It's gotta be the since he has his amulet. Someone Said he looks like Nero but I feels it's just from the style. Nero has the same distinct upping at the end of his hair dante has here. But tbh that's just a modern version of Dantes OG emo rocker hair So I get it.Tbh if dante was made a few years later I'm fairly confident he would just BE nero to some extent. Neros arm makes him unique but hes pretty much just dantes visual style updated for a more modern casual and younger look, hence why dantes age was highlighted instead of him having them chris Redfield or wesker forever genes. Because nero had to come off as especially younger. But i digress, At worst I'd say the story could be trash since we haven't heard much of it yet but I bet all my money we do get some amazing fight scenes from this show. An inverse of the og anime ig then since that had next to no real fight scenes. They wouldn't do this anime without at least somewhat knowing who dante is and how popular he is because like it or not devil may cry is a niche franchise compared to something like street fighter or residential evil. TLDR; I'm optimistic.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Not sure if this is new information or not, but the Netflix animated series is apparently coming out this year. :unsure:

w5xdu4x355dc1.jpeg

Top Bottom