• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So...is he stronger?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Gotta give points though for being able to "parry" a medusa stare. That was rather cool finding out. Dante would probably Royal Guard even the cutscenes and end credits on the otherhand.

LOL! He could even probably Royalguard the nuclear explosion on Hiroshima and nagasaki or that large planetary boss in asura's wrath :troll:

Black Manic TH

WTF is that BEHIND YOU?
Uhh... That means Royal Guard can even block a Spirit Bomb by Goku? Back on topic, he is strong but not strong as DMC2 and 4 Dante. They are overpowered as hell.

EvilX-81

LOL! He could even probably Royalguard the nuclear explosion on Hiroshima and nagasaki or that large planetary boss in asura's wrath :troll:

I now have this mental image of Dante standing in the middle of ground zero of the devastated Hiroshima in Royal Guard pose, before he starts royal guarding and royal releasing across the ocean, trickstering, and rainstorming his way across the pacific to the US White House while a style meter builds up.

No idea where to go from there though, lol.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
On topic: DmC Dante is probably more powerful than DMC3 Dante, but weaker than 1,2, and 4 Dante.

Off Topic, Vampire Hunter D kills everything

His stats: Immortality: D is over five thousand years old, but appears to have stopped aging at age 17 or 18. This is proven in one early novel, where D's adventures early on in the novel have passed into legend in that town at the end.

Super Strength: D's strength is incredible. in Vampire Hunter D Volume 5 The Stuff Of Dreams D breaks the arm of a man in a suit of mech armor that rose the man's strength up by 500. This man was already described as being able to choke a man to death with his bare hands. Assuming this was a regular bear and not one of the D Universe's mutants, it weighed somewhere between 220 and 1,400 pounds. So, that means in the suit, the man could lift anywhere between 110,000 to 700,000 pounds. And D breaks his arm by "lightly resting his hand on the man's shoulder" and causing him to pass out from the pain. D later one ups this by cutting through an impenetrable suit of armor in volume 14. Between that, in the novel, He cut through a bar of zeranium steel (an alloy harder than diamond and steel) in a single strike. D was able to cut through matter that could take 500,000,000+ tons of pressure from a spear point without a nick.

Super Speed: D's speed is separated into two different entities, travel speed and reaction speed. D's travel speed is clocked at moving around 60 mph, or 50 yards in three seconds flat in rain that decreased his speed to 70% of its max. 60/0.30=200, so D's fastest traveling speed is 200 miles an hour. His reaction speed, on the other hand, is off the charts. In Tales of the Dead Town (Novel 14) D cuts a bolt of lightning a mere second before it hits his ally and re-sheathes his sword before anyone notices. Now, ordinarily cloud to ground lightning is 1/3 the speed of light (99,930,819m/s), but the city had been teleported to the center of a plasma storm so it was more like the speed of cloud to cloud lightning 1/2 the speed of light (149896229 m/s) . In a later novel, D actually dodged one of the Nobles laser weapons, which was moving at light speed (299 792 458 m / s).

Skill: In Novel 9, D cut apart holograms with nothing more than his sword and rendered them unable to reform. No magic was used, just his sword skill. He also has stopped an opponent's sword with his bare hands, preventing them from moving at all. He throws his wooden needles/stakes with such force that they blaze with white light and deadly accuracy. He has not missed a target to date.

Agility: D oftentimes has taken huge leaps into the air, once while dragging a sea monster with him (mysterious journey to the north sea) it's unclear whether this is agility or flight, however.

Endurance: D has survived being blasted with 500,000 volts of electricity with no sign of wear. He withstood being covered in magma. He also easily bounced back from being dropped 650 feet to the ground, while carrying a small girl, and neither was hurt. Being hit with a pain described as having a needle driven into every cell in his body only made him wrinkle his brow. In the 6th novel D survived a psi attack capable of driving the population of an entire city mad in a mere millisecond. D was unfazed during and after the attack. He was also able to negate the flames of a nuclear grenade, not even taking damage.

Dark Aura: D's aura has driven grown men to their knees. He has quelled town sized, armed mobs without showing any hint of effort. Even Nobility, vampire Elites who can easily paralyze a human being with fear, are cowed by D's aura. His will to kill is so great that even the most heartless killers are forced to answer D truthfully when under that pressure.

Reality warping powers: D has either acquired new time/ space powers in the latest novels, or has just now been given a chance to use them. D can
destroy wormholes with his sword, and create dimensional rifts with a cut, while in space and his lungs bursting from lack of oxygen. He can cut through the very fount of life, as well as the essence of death itself, as proven in his fight against the agents of paradise and the Death Knights. These reality warping powers stem from the fact that D Is unbound by fate/probability. In the latest novel, he was able to override the Akashic records, which contains the entire past, present, and future of the entire universe. Basically, D can warp reality around himself and his sword.

Anti-Regeneration: D's most dangerous ability is his anti regeneration power. As mentioned above, he cuts the font of life, basically cutting his opponent's soul and body to deal a wound that will not heal. No one, from agents of Paradise, to Quantum Demons, to werewolves, to the Sacred Ancestor himself (Dracula, who is more like a force of nature than a vampire. His mere presence is described as being darker than a black hole, and can crush a person's psyche. He's able to summon a large storm to blot out the sun, teleport vast distances, annihilate a castle and created a hole a few miles in circumference, and over a mile deep with a wave of his cape, cut down a fleeing noble's coffin, which was nearly a mile underwater, and created a trench almost 1.25 miles long, 50 feet at its widest, and nearly 2 miles deep in the process, raise a village hundreds of feet out of a poisonous valley with a gesture, summon magma from the earth to envelop his opponent, can instantly freeze his opponent down to absolute zero, even after covering them with above magma and finally read and rewrite the akashic records, which contain the entirety of the universe's past, present, and future, basically making him God) can heal from D's cuts.

Healing factor: D heals from any wound, including self inflicted ones, in seconds.

Left Hand: D's ace in the hole. Left hand can absorb the four elements fire (actually heat period), Water (Any liquid, including blood or pee, don't ask.),
Air and Earth to grant D more power. Left hand absorbed a hundred billion volt pillar of lightning, the energy from a detonating nuke, energy straight from the heart of an anti-matter reactor, a particle beam from a space cannon that burned through half the asteroid belt and could punch through a planet two to three times Earth's size. In the 6th novel, it absorbed hurricane force winds capable of blowing D away. He also can also invade the minds of those it touches, drawing forth knowledge, or anything else it desires. Left hand once drained a lake of water to revive D after he was staked in the heart, and removing that weakness. Lefty can also generate gale force winds and absorb energy itself. Left Hand can also absorb souls or Phantoms, like Carmilla in Bloodlust.

Known weaknesses: In the First Novel, Time Incense candles (a candle that turns night to day and paralyzes vampires/ dhampirs like D) managed to paralyze D. Also, in the Earlier Novels, D could be killed by a stake in the heart, but that is no longer the case. He may be able to be killed by decapitation, but no one has ever succeeded in cutting off his head. D can't be erased from history, as he is immune to the Akashic records, and thus immune to reality warpers powers.

Full Vampire Form: D has the ability to transform into a full vampire form, which increases all of his powers and abilities to the Sacred Ancestor's level.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
~snips but notes the specs and powers of VHD~

Yeah, so how are we supposed to be in suspense for what was once everyone's favorite dhampire? He's more powerful that FRIGGIN' ALUCARD! And I don't mean Adrian F Tepes, I mean the OTHER Alucard.

Lord, I knew it was bad on the levels in the first several books, but by the teens and he's that powerful? Like more powerful than his FATHER essentially? Those wacky Japanese and loving their invinicble unbeatable hero figures...

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
no, see, Superman at least has been shown have things that CAN and DO kick his ass once the wrioters realized they needed to stop making up powers to make him more and more powerful, and set a line of "he can do this this this and this." as well as limits to his powers. D just keeps getting more and more godlike with every friggin book, which is typical Japanese superhero.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Yeah, so how are we supposed to be in suspense for what was once everyone's favorite dhampire? He's more powerful that FRIGGIN' ALUCARD! And I don't mean Adrian F Tepes, I mean the OTHER Alucard.

Lord, I knew it was bad on the levels in the first several books, but by the teens and he's that powerful? Like more powerful than his FATHER essentially? Those wacky Japanese and loving their invinicble unbeatable hero figures...

ALUCARD VAN HELLSING is the god-king of vampires. in the manga we see him leap into some insane sort of omnipotence and THAT WASNT EVEN HIS FINAL FORM!! how the hell the first hellsing killed him is beyond me. but damn, to call him invincible is like the ocean is wet.

as for the whole DMC1 Dante Vs DmC Dante..i think the two are about evenly matched. i mean, i dont see any way one would have a direct advantage over the other as they are both immortal and have such a vast array of weapons im suprised demons still try to fight them.

regarding the whole human/demon vs angel/demon. no i dont think one is greater than the other. youre asuming that humanity is a weakness.which it most certainly isnt, especially in the DMC universe. my theory works on the basis of demonic power. now i think the reason sparda was so god damn powerful wasnt because of his inherited demonic power but because by sympathising with the humans, he gained a heart (figuratively) this completes the yin-yang of his power. by evening out the darkness with light he was able to reach a whole different plane of power and pawn Mundus and his entire army accordingly. hence DMC Dante is so powerful because he already has a heart being part human. his inner yin-yang thingie is already complete (well in DMC3 you could argue that then the light out balanced the dark, and when he embraced his demonic side he was able to balance it out and hence gain the power to defeat Vergil who cast his humanity aside).

hence, a half demon is just as powerful as a nephilim so yh, long story short i think theyre the same.
btw the DmC sparda AND EVA sealed their powers away before fighting mundus. hence why he was able to capture sparda who should have otherwise have been more than capable of avoiding capture.

788Masri

I tried to like Super Man but he's just ..........boring.

superman is best when he faces moral problems. not physical ones, we all know he could honestly just destroy any bad guy thats thrown at him so theres no real investment there. i highly reccomend you look at the DC animated film "Superman Vs the Elite" its about superman questioning whether he should kill if the villain is bad enough (eg a mass murderer who has broken out of prison and killed several times)

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
ALUCARD VAN HELLSING is the god-king of vampires. in the manga we see him leap into some insane sort of omnipotence and THAT WASNT EVEN HIS FINAL FORM!! how the hell the first hellsing killed him is beyond me. but damn, to call him invincible is like the ocean is wet.

Well, yeah. dur. And Abraham never killed Alucard, he managed to incapacitate and drain him into a statsis state.

as for the whole DMC1 Dante Vs DmC Dante..i think the two are about evenly matched. i mean, i dont see any way one would have a direct advantage over the other as they are both immortal and have such a vast array of weapons im suprised demons still try to fight them.

regarding the whole human/demon vs angel/demon. no i dont think one is greater than the other. youre asuming that humanity is a weakness.which it most certainly isnt, especially in the DMC universe. my theory works on the basis of demonic power. now i think the reason sparda was so god damn powerful wasnt because of his inherited demonic power but because by sympathising with the humans, he gained a heart (figuratively) this completes the yin-yang of his power. by evening out the darkness with light he was able to reach a whole different plane of power and pawn Mundus and his entire army accordingly. hence DMC Dante is so powerful because he already has a heart being part human. his inner yin-yang thingie is already complete (well in DMC3 you could argue that then the light out balanced the dark, and when he embraced his demonic side he was able to balance it out and hence gain the power to defeat Vergil who cast his humanity aside).

DMC4 states that Sparda had a heart that could love ahuman, which implied that was how he became so powerful. I like to think it's possible he's actually the Devil's demonic son as well and ironical rebelled on Daddy Satan just like what happened in Heaven, which would actually make sparda even more powerful when you think on that idea.

hence, a half demon is just as powerful as a nephilim so yh, long story short i think theyre the same.
btw the DmC sparda AND EVA sealed their powers away before fighting mundus. hence why he was able to capture sparda who should have otherwise have been more than capable of avoiding capture.

...reference for them sealing their powers? Since I saw no hint or implication of this in the game...

788Masri

...reference for them sealing their powers? Since I saw no hint or implication of this in the game...

none present at all in the game. but i highly highly doubt that they were just captured and defeated so quickly by Mundus,at their full power.

also alucard says that when he was in his stasis abraham could have easily killed him and hence received alucards powers but instead chose to make alucard his servant.

788Masri

Just gonna say this. I'f you and that other person recently joined, not to participate in forums, but to troll others then I'd like to say your unwelcome.

atattataatatata!!

A. people have a right to their opinions even if its vastly different from everyone elses so please dont brand them and cast them out so sooon

B. NEVER FEED A TROLL! dont interact with one, dont even acknowledge one. just ignore it and theyll die of starvation(they feed on attention)

Top Bottom