• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So if there is no more Devil May Cry...

Meg

@Director Bison Exactly.

I have a lot of games to play and look forward to. No new DMC is a sad thing, yes, but for me there are so many other games to look forward to that it's not something I'm going to weep over. And who knows? We might get a DMC5 eventually.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wanted to buy a ps4 or go PC so i have till Phantom Pain comes out to make up my mind but before then i might play dishonored or the kingdom hearts 2.5 collection.

I dont think i would join another forum tho because i do lurk from time to time on the AC/KH forums but dont really feel like posting.

I might try to right another fanfic maybe a dmc one, so yeah i got things to do:cool:

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
I wanted to buy a ps4 or go PC so i have till Phantom Pain comes out to make up my mind but before then i might play dishonored or the kingdom hearts 2.5 collection.

I dont think i would join another forum tho because i do lurk from time to time on the AC/KH forums but dont really feel like posting.

I might try to right another fanfic maybe a dmc one, so yeah i got things to do:cool:
i recommend PC simply for Steam and Humble Bundle both get you tons of cheap games and with Humble Bundle you can choose what amount of your money goes to either charity, the developers or a tip to the guys who run the site

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Well if DMC is really dead---something I doubt tremendously, by the way---then it really makes no difference to me.

DMC decided to "end" in concision with Star Fox's immediate revival, so...
...I dunno, which do you think is going to garner my attention in the long run: an action franchise that's only had two years since its last entry, or a niche Nintendo license that's been dead for almost a decade? DMC isn't dead, and it's nowhere close to being dead. It's still receiving merchandise, getting crossover and cameo content, and is still mentioned in developmental potential by Itsuno and company.

I think the divide between DmC and DMC has spoiled most of this series' fanbase. You guys really haven't had to wait for a new entry in the series... You want the pain of anticipatory waiting? Try being a Star Fox, F-Zero, or Mega-Mman fan. That **** doesn't even barely gets relevant merchandise in this day and age, let alone new entries in each respective series....

DMC is about as dead as Resident Evil, or Street Fighter. As in not at all.

Khundy

Berserker
Well if DMC is really dead---something I doubt tremendously, by the way---then it really makes no difference to me.

DMC decided to "end" in concision with Star Fox's immediate revival, so...
...I dunno, which do you think is going to garner my attention in the long run: an action franchise that's only had two years since its last entry, or a niche Nintendo license that's been dead for almost a decade? DMC isn't dead, and it's nowhere close to being dead. It's still receiving merchandise, getting crossover and cameo content, and is still mentioned in developmental potential by Itsuno and company.

I think the divide between DmC and DMC has spoiled most of this series' fanbase. You guys really haven't had to wait for a new entry in the series... You want the pain of anticipatory waiting? Try being a Star Fox, F-Zero, or Mega-Mman fan. That **** doesn't even barely gets relevant merchandise in this day and age, let alone new entries in each respective series....

DMC is about as dead as Resident Evil, or Street Fighter. As in not at all.

I did wait forever for Guilty Gear, yet still do not have my main character in it. But yeah that struggle.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I did wait forever for Guilty Gear, yet still do not have my main character in it. But yeah that struggle.
Dude, I feel.
If Star Fox: Zero comes out after all these years, and it ends up ditching Wolf O'Donnell as a character...

...those folks at Nintendo better pray I don't ever come overseas, and remind them how to "use bombs wisely."
Preach @WolfOD64 Preach!!!
3O2Gfz-Tr4uSfxzfPs8O18--Z54_J58MZRltcgnIetIyh78B8wHP3WXUfnP38zYFC5OTz96fFFRAlLPnLrak_e-WTzPwxEutdYedMqEtPnhjIFTMWCwo2-1YhF8U6eTIB-c_V-c=w506-h335

No one's saying DMC is dead. It's the fact that the future of the franchise is dependent on the sales of the DMC4:SE that has us worried.
If you believe that, then you also believe that David Cage holds a shred of artistic integrity five shower scenes and senseless bed-pounding scenes after the fact.

Don't fall for corporate jargon like that...every Japanese developer pulls out the "if-it-won't-sell-THIS-number-of-copies-the-series-is-dead" card when they want to make the big yen. Nintendo does it, Square Enix does it, Namco does it...and Capcom has practically elevated it into an art form.

They don't have the financial balls to cancel a franchise that even makes them half of what DMC makes per entry.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Dude, I feel.

Don't fall for corporate jargon like that...every Japanese developer pulls out the "if-it-won't-sell-THIS-number-of-copies-the-series-is-dead" card when they want to make the big yen. Nintendo does it, Square Enix does it, Namco does it...and Capcom has practically elevated it into an art form.

They don't have the financial balls to cancel a franchise that even makes them half of what DMC makes per entry.

this is totally true
Nintendo said if star fox 64 3D didn't sell there be no more star fox and look at what just happend

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'll probably still be here.
Game wise?
Dunno. Find another hack'n'slasher, maybe. I'm actually a crack shot at zombie games (I've come a looooong way since my days of trying to kill zombies by throwing my AMMO at them) so whatever the newest zombie craze game is, I'll be playin' it.

outoftheblue

I don´t believe DMC is in any danger at all, but let´s play...
IF the series were to end, I would go back to mainly reading, which is still my favorite thing. I don´t have that much time for playing videogames, so if my adored series did in fact dissapear, I would pick up whatever catches my eye from time to time. Right now the Final Fantasy VII remake is an almost inmediate buy, for example. Yes, nostalgia,I know.

But before all that @Gel and @Viper You tempt me, ladies. Oh, how you tempt me!

Reactions: Gel

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I don´t believe DMC is in any danger at all, but let´s play...
IF the series were to end, I would go back to mainly reading, which is still my favorite thing. I don´t have that much time for playing videogames, so if my adored series did in fact dissapear, I would pick up whatever catches my eye from time to time. Right now the Final Fantasy VII remake is an almost inmediate buy, for example. Yes, nostalgia,I know.

But before all that @Gel and @Viper You tempt me, ladies. Oh, how you tempt me!
Come babe, let you flow in your dreams and your hopes, for one day every dream and hope will become true...

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well if this series would end I would stick to some other franchises of videogames I love and I know they for now are not dead.

Top Bottom