• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So... I played the DmC demo at Comic-Con

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
No, I do not. I said DMC4 looked better and I still think so. I said why already above. At no point did I even imply that DmC had better graphics, I said it was visually busier.
I think our definition of "graphics" is a little different. I think the entire presentation of the game, excluding sound, is what graphics are about, not just good artist.
You're right about FPS and speed though, it affects fluidity, animations and responsiveness among other things which could affect cancels, parry times and overall inputs, granted berto said his experience felt enjoyable and fluid a couple of things he mentioned sounded like they came from the lowered frame rate (inconsistency to dodge certain attacks and having to make exentuated inputs like for the Angel Dash) needing a high frame rate in games with deep combat isn't just about its presentation.

I think your right. To some point it will only take practice to be able to pull off angel dash properly, and being able to dodge with invincibility frames, to me, seems like a cheap way of dodging. If the enemies attack animations goes right through you, you should take damage, and the dodge animation keeps going with no interuptions.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think our definition of "graphics" is a little different. I think the entire presentation of the game, excluding sound, is what graphics are about, not just good artist.
By graphics I mean the quality of the visuals. DMC4's models are less polygoned (In DmC the only characters that were detaled were the main character, the secondary ones were more polygoneed making them look blockier), the textures on the envirement are sharper, the surfaces are smoother (as opposed to DmC where a lot of models were also more blocky and the image maps were more blured), and the colors are sharper. If you meant something else then ok.

Railazel

I think your right. To some point it will only take practice to be able to pull off angel dash properly, and being able to dodge with invincibility frames, to me, seems like a cheap way of dodging. If the enemies attack animations goes right through you, you should take damage, and the dodge animation keeps going with no interuptions.

Invincibility frames allow for more precise timing and openings to be formed.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Invincibility frames allow for more precise timing and openings to be formed.
Or in bayonettas case, a HUGE area to dodge from.
By graphics I mean the quality of the visuals. DMC4's models are less polygoned (In DmC the only characters that were detaled were the main character, the secondary ones were more polygoneed making them look blockier), the textures on the envirement are sharper, the surfaces are smoother (as opposed to DmC where a lot of models were also more blocky and the image maps were more blured), and the colors are sharper. If you meant something else then ok.
something different

ninjaa93

lol i get what berto means trust me i still play dmc4 for bloody palace just played it today watch the cutscences new dante clothing at this moment is still kinda a mesh in some erea's not to mentions kat's hair just being black lines,but DmC beats it in alot way but the unreal has weak spots that just look ugly in some instances...plus hopfully the graphics arent done though i dont like dantes coat texture they added since captivate like what is that?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
"Tryed" been the key word. I've never been very good at JCing but I've pulled it off on occation. I think I pulled it off once but in the chaos I honestly can't say for sure.

If you can easily pull of JCing like that by mistake then it must be easier to do than in past games.

AngelMode

If you can easily pull of JCing like that by mistake then it must be easier to do than in past games.
He said maybe... how did you translate that into "it was easy"? lol

JCing isn't very hard to do at all if you just spam the jump button in the middle of your attacks.

The only moves I have seen people JCing in DmC are the demon pull and the helm breaker. I think they mentioned something about, even though there is JCing in the demo build, they will put a little more work into it during this period of development before the game is out

Railazel

To be more detailed, JCing isn't really dependent on the amount of frames a game runs on rather it was always dependent on what kind of data your enemies were made out of. Since JCing is based on the fact that your enemies are made out of floor data, it'll always be possible as long as the move that you're trying to cancel out of has a short frame length.

Cancelling, as a whole, is dependent on how long a frame is. So the longer a frame is, the harder it'll be for you to cancel out of it. JCing is different since it is more dependent on enemy data rather than frame length. The rest of it all depends on timing.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, helm braker and jump are now right next to each other. It's now a matter of pusshing O and X so now they're nex to each other and it's a more simple endeviour.

Top Bottom