• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So... I played the DmC demo at Comic-Con

berto

I Saw the Devil
i'll tells yous when i gets home
im typing from my vita
i'll pass the details latter today

Frantix

Hurry up and give us the details.

Also, FYI for everyone else, the demo at Comic-Con is the same E3 demo.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It was the same demo. Just give me a few, I'm typing my impressions now.

Edit:

I shouldn't leave you hanggin so I'll say this to start:
First and formost, I can tell you now that the game is a noticible improvement to DMC4. I have alot of complains and praises that I got from my personal experience.

I'll start off by saying that I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have but that was not the game's fault.

Suzaku17XD

"Dude just take a bullet from my girls" *bang*
Oh my god!!!! Its good to finally get a few words about the game XD are you gonna accept questions later?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It was the same demo. Just give me a few, I'm typing my impressions now.

Edit:

I shouldn't leave you hanggin so I'll say this to start:
First and formost, I can tell you now that the game is a noticible improvement to DMC4. I have alot of complains and praises that I got from my personal experience.

I'll start off by saying that I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have but that was not the game's fault.

Thank God. I was scared it was like DMC4's control scheme. Can't wait to hear more.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So I get to the con and I get the badge from my friend who tell me that since I've worked on films I should've goten my own badge but whatever, there's alway next year.
I'll tell you now that the overall experience wasn't what I hopped at all. I'm actually pretty dissapointed it didn't go as well as planned.
I started off at the Konami booth to see if they had MGR... No they did not. This year alot of the action would take place off site and I didn't know this till after I left so I missed out on alot of things like MGR and RE6.

20120712160743.jpg

(The Booth from afar)​

I made my way to the Capcom booth where they had a large screen over head that showed some "trailers" of their titles (Just footage to music, not actual trailers). They showed some of the club seens that were from the screens in movement. The line was fairly small but because the demo took 20 minutes I had to wait around 40 to play.

I played the PS3 version and didn't get the chance to play the 360 version so I can't compair them in terms of how they played but visually they looked very much on par.
The DmC stations had headphones so the outside noise wasn't as big an issue this time around. Most people only got to play one of the two stages from the demo but the Capcom guy was nice enough to allow me to play both.
20120712160829.jpg

(The boots in the forground were the 360 ones and the two at the end are the PS3)​

DragonMaster2010

So I get to the con and I get the badge from my friend who tell me that since I've worked on films I should've goten my own badge but whatever, there's alway next year.
I'll tell you now that the overall experience wasn't what I hopped at all. I'm actually pretty dissapointed it didn't go as well as planned.
I started off at the Konami booth to see if they had MGR... No they did not. This year alot of the action would take place off site and I didn't know this till after I left so I missed out on alot of things like MGR and RE6.

20120712160743.jpg

(The Booth from afar)​

I made my way to the Capcom booth where they had a large screen over head that showed some "trailers" of their titles (Just footage to music, not actual trailers). They showed some of the club seens that were from the screens in movement. The line was fairly small but because the demo took 20 minutes I had to wait around 40 to play.

I played the PS3 version and didn't get the chance to play the 360 version so I can't compair them in terms of how they played but visually they looked very much on par.
The DmC stations had headphones so the outside noise wasn't as big an issue this time around. Most people only got to play one of the two stages from the demo but the Capcom guy was nice enough to allow me to play both.
20120712160829.jpg

(The boots in the forground were the 360 ones and the two at the end are the PS3)​

the booths look really weak compared to E3. It looks like a regular ordinary con.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So here it is.

I started with the original stage demo which we've all seen and the first thing I do is try to get used to the new set up, tryed out some combos, shot the guns for a significant ammount of time to see if they over heated, they did not, and, unlike Bayonetta, once you start shooting in one direction that 's the direction Dan shoots untill you stop. I walked and shot in all directions and the animation was a faster version of the walk and shoots of DMC1 and around as fast as 3 (don't remember if it's the same as 4). Another thing I noticed was that the game is not as well made as DMC4 in terms of visuals, now that I've seen in in action on HD, polygons and sharp edges are obvious on some of the lesser characters and the shading and texturing don't come off as smooth. So in terms of estetics DMC4 has, still, the best graphics

Since the line was so time consuming and I could only play once I decided to try out a lot of things, might as well.

So we get to the first fight and I put out a few combos. I try to switch weapons mid combo which works fine but even if the combo is the same botton sequence switching weapons restarts the combo so no mixing and matching weapons even with the same combo (chocolatepanda, is that what you were asking?). The dudge works fine but because of the timing of the attacks I ended up taking damage do to the fact that I'd dudge too early. The switchig is seemless, though, so no worries there.

The way the Demon and Angel forms are set up are somewhat counter intuetive when you actually get your hands on it. This is provably not an issue for anyone starting out with this game but as someone used to the original set it caused alot of issues for me.

Anyway, I tried out a few things while moving around. I tried to see if the wall would really crush me if I stayed in place on the last part before the church, they do close in on you. When you see it on a HD screen you can seen it slowly moving in on you, which wasn't as obvious on internet videos, but even if you are crushed in the demo there is really no penalty for it; no health decrease, no death, just start from the same place and the game might give you the impression that speed is of the essence but it's not, pleanty of time to hang out before you have to go. The movement of the city is constant so even after a big change or crack or bang it still moves slowly. The music and the slowly moving world gives the sence that you need to move, but again, it's not urgent as you are been led to believe. I was tempted to walk, and I did afew tiimes, to see if I'd die... Nope. I moved to the church and finished that.

i started with the boss fight and I can tell you that it's actually fairly challenging, even with prior knowlege of how to beat Poison. I managed to counter her swings fairly easily, it's not as hard as I thought it was going to be. I left her dangling once to see how long it would take for her to recover, not as long as I predicted, but enough to get to another plataform or two if need be.

Overall, it was the same demo with no surprises in terms of content.

Now, f you'll give me a minute I'll type up some more specifics.

DragonMaster2010

So here it is.

I started with the original stage demo which we've all seen and the first thing I do is try to get used to the new set up, tryed out some combos, shot the guns for a significant ammount of time to see if they over heated, they did not, and, unlike Bayonetta, once you start shooting in one direction that 's the direction Dan shoots untill you stop. I walked and shot in all directions and the animation was a faster version of the walk and shoots of DMC1 and around as fast as 3 (don't remember if it's the same as 4). Another thing I noticed was that the game is not as well made as DMC4 in terms of visuals, now that I've seen in in action on HD, polygons and sharp edges are obvious on some of the lesser characters and the shading and texturing don't come off as smooth. So in terms of estetics DMC4 has, still, the best graphics

Since the line was so time consuming and I could only play once I decided to try out a lot of things, might as well.

So we get to the first fight and I put out a few combos. I try to switch weapons mid combo which works fine but even if the combo is the same botton sequence switching weapons restarts the combo so no mixing and matching weapons even with the same combo (chocolatepanda, is that what you were asking?). The dudge works fine but because of the timing of the attacks I ended up taking damage do to the fact that I'd dudge too early. The switchig is seemless, though, so no worries there.

The way the Demon and Angel forms are set up are somewhat counter intuetive when you actually get your hands on it. This is provably not an issue for anyone starting out with this game but as someone used to the original set it caused alot of issues for me.

Anyway, I tried out a few things while moving around. I tried to see if the wall would really crush me if I stayed in place on the last part before the church, they do close in on you. When you see it on a HD screen you can seen it slowly moving in on you, which wasn't as obvious on internet videos, but even if you are crushed in the demo there is really no penalty for it; no health decrease, no death, just start from the same place and the game might give you the impression that speed is of the essence but it's not, pleanty of time to hang out before you have to go. The movement of the city is constant so even after a big change or crack or bang it still moves slowly. The music and the slowly moving world gives the sence that you need to move, but again, it's not urgent as you are been led to believe. I was tempted to walk, and I did afew tiimes, to see if I'd die... Nope. I moved to the church and finished that.

i started with the boss fight and I can tell you that it's actually fairly challenging, even with prior knowlege of how to beat Poison. I managed to counter her swings fairly easily, it's not as hard as I thought it was going to be. I left her dangling once to see how long it would take for her to recover, not as long as I predicted, but enough to get to another plataform or two if need be.

Overall, it was the same demo with no surprises in terms of content.

Now, f you'll give me a minute I'll type up some more specifics.

I thought so on the "the escape" level. It seemed that if you don't move you'll die. Oh well, I had a feeling that was the case.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
well i'm glad to know that you WILL actually die if you just stand there.
i hope limbo becomes more aggressive the further you get in the game, can't wait to hear more. :)

Top Bottom