• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So I got me a PSP.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I just bought me a PSP along with Daxter and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 today. Does anyone have any suggestions for any other good PSP games I should think about in the future? I like RPGs/Adventure and Action games along with some sci-fi/horror. Thanks in advance!

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I wanted to get it, but they didn't have any copies. :< Since I am a huge MGS fan, I should keep that one in mind for Christmas or something.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
biohazardmaster;136858 said:
mgs portable ops is the best

Two words: "NO" (this is a joke :lol:)

It is good but not the best.

I also heard that the metal gear acid games are pretty fun as well. I hear they are card based games like pokemon and **** to that effect :p just it's significantly better than pokemon

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
God of War: Chains of Olympus
N+
And Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep <this title doesn't have a release date yet :p

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Vice city stories is good and portable ops is the best game on there by far IMO.

Sicktress

Artist
Crisis core should occupy you for a while, its the BEST!! :D But I liked Justice League Heroes, recently bought Star Wars Lethal Alliance, Mind Quiz is nice too, Dragon Ball Z Budokai, God of war definately was great too! Space invaders anniversary is nice too, for wasting time away. Enjoy the PSP!

Keaton

Premium
RPG-wise, you'll be looking at Valkyrie Profile and Dragoneers Aria (both very good, but I prefer the latter : Aria).

Crisis Core is basically all you need lol, its the only game to date that makes the PSP worth buying imo :D

You may want to pick up Tekken Dark Ressurection, Sega Mega Collection or Monster Hunter (i've been meaning to get this)...I recently picked up Prince of Persia: Rival Swords, the port of Two Thrones, plays nicely and although the sound is slightly unsynched in places it works nicely for such a tiny console :D

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions is pretty good. It's a remake of the original FFT, only with a better translation, cel-shaded cut scenes, voice over acting, and added characters (including Balthier from FFXII, AKA the main reason I got this game :lol:).

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I also bought it for the new Parasite Eve (The 3rd Birthday) that is to be released for it and other reasons. People are telling me you can rip/download??? games onto it. I'd like to know how I could possibly do that in the future without messing up, please?

Demons Destiny

Silenced Vampire
darth_angelo45;136902 said:
Vice city stories is good and portable ops is the best game on there by far IMO.

Oh yeah! if you get GTA: Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories, you'll have fun with that! I completed both of them, and I had fun with them! Also, Monster Hunter 1 and 2 is quite good......all the Sims games you can get for the PSP are wicked too ;)

Sicktress

Artist
Keaton;136954 said:
RPG-wise, you'll be looking at Valkyrie Profile and Dragoneers Aria (both very good, but I prefer the latter : Aria).

Crisis Core is basically all you need lol, its the only game to date that makes the PSP worth buying imo :D

You may want to pick up Tekken Dark Ressurection, Sega Mega Collection or Monster Hunter (i've been meaning to get this)...I recently picked up Prince of Persia: Rival Swords, the port of Two Thrones, plays nicely and although the sound is slightly unsynched in places it works nicely for such a tiny console :D

Dangit I wanted to buy Aria but the Gamestop review said it sucked! Whats it about?

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Can anyone tell me the difference between Potable Ops and Portable Ops Plus? Cause all I can find now is plus and didn't get a good description of what it is. Does it have the actual game on it or is it like online game play where you're just building teams to take out people?

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Wikipedia.org said:
The story mode within Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops has been removed, and a new single player mode has been added called Infinity Mission, where the player must go through randomly chosen maps, looking for the advance point within the level, using the surround indicator to help them. This adds some extra difficulty, because the surround indicator could show an enemy, or the advance point. Within this mode, there are also kerotan, which make a small croak sound, as well as briefly showing on the surround indicator with every croak. The game places an emphasis on online gameplay, with the modes from the original being used with their + counterparts, such as "Cyber-Survival+" and "Infrastructure+". During online gameplay, rookie players will have a rookie mark, reducing the damage they get, and increasing the damage they give, making online gameplay easier for less skilled players.

I hope that helps :p

Top Bottom