• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Silent Hill is set to return, at long last!

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
So like, do they mean a Pachinko machine, or an actual game?
They really made an announcement for an announcement. Just come out with the news when it's ready, haha.

Gasoline Tank

OK. I don't know why the tweet in my previous post is blank. But it's not for packinko machines, as the Koreans don't even allow gambling. In fact, that joke has worn thin. ;)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Silent Hill 2 Remake!?
A new SH game called Townfall. Looks interesting.
A new SH movie by the original director, I'm down.
My brain turned off when I saw a SH project which involved J.J Abrams.
Ryukishi07 writing a SH game is a trip and the thing I'm most excited for.

Last edited:

Gasoline Tank

Some people feel a bit iffy about how James looks. But man. That last game they showed, which is apparently set in Japan in the sixties with the cherry blossom woman, looked very interesting. They all do look intriguing, being honest. But my oh my. Konami certainly pulled out all the stops tonight! :p

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I remember seeing that GamingBrit video a few weeks back about how maybe SH should be put to rest and this feels like Konami took personal offence to that and is trying to flex as hard as they can - especially on the point that SH was limited due to the title being a singular location and now we have SH in Japan with "Silent Hill f".

Definitely excited for 2:RE and F, Townfall I'll need to see more of since of all the trailers I felt that once revealed the least.

Aurelius

Finding out about this, without having to watch the livestream is like getting knocked out in a boxing ring. All that info straight to the face!

Konami never abandoned their fans. They just simply left them in the dark all these years...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Konami never abandoned their fans. They just simply left them in the dark all these years...
I wouldn't go that far. Anything game developed Silent Hill title is not being done internally, and each title is outsourced to a different studio. Most of them Western. Even Silent Hill f, a more Japanese take on the franchise (not taking place in an American setting) is being done by a Japanese studio that is not in-house to Konami. Konami is still not making games, but letting others do the job for them. Not to mention all of that fabulous merchandising.

Gasoline Tank

Do you know that people are STILL whining on other websites about Konami? Really, huh?

I mean, Jesus H. Christ. We just got a smorgasbord of content shown off last night.

Some folks are just born ungrateful pricks.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't know. I don't think James looks like James at all. The hair and outfit, sure, but he looks like he took a beating with an old stick. I just don't know, though. Something inside is telling me that they're going to fk it up. Just something. For some reason watching that trailer run at 60fps and and 4k resolutions made me think they were missing something fundamental.

I have to admit, though, f is the one that most grabbed my attention. Ironic since it feels very little like classic SH. It was subtle and disturbing, sure, but not in a SH way.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Do you know that people are STILL whining on other websites about Konami? Really, huh?

I mean, Jesus H. Christ. We just got a smorgasbord of content shown off last night.

Some folks are just born ungrateful pricks.
Given it's Konami, I don't blame them. All that content doesn't make up for the sh#t they've been pulling a near whole decade, and still treating their employees less than human. If you're willing to let by-gones happen, and water under the bridge so easily, then you're what's wrong with gaming. Willing to forgive so easily, because the company is making your favorite game or franchise you care about because of convenience. I get your desperate, and while understandable, but you should not forget the shady scumbaggery and assholery they've done for the years. I am still suspicious, and not that easily swayed. The only thing I am "grateful" for are compilation packs, Konami bothers to release. It reminds me of how good the company used to be. People have every right to be rightfully angry at the company. F#cking respect it. You made your choice, but don't come crying to me when Konami screws up or does something else underhanded.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Yeah, just showing up is not enough to build back the trust that they spent the last several years burning. Now if all of these games announced yesterday come out and are good then I might be feeling differently.
As of right now I look at all of this with slightly optimistic skepticism.

Gasoline Tank

One game that doesn't really hold my interest is Townfall. It just sounds meh. It's likely a decisions based game. You probably don't even really see the character you are playing as either. So it's just a game you complete based around choices made, with the license attached to it, in my eyes.

The company behind it, made this...

Uh...

Also, the company behind RE: Verse (that pile of crusty dog turds) is behind the Japanese game. Although that's easily the best looking one besides the remake, from what they aired yesterday. But that has me curious. I don't want to have the franchise rubbished even further.

I don't know what happened to that game they rated in Korea a few months ago. The seemingly British one. They didn't talk about that game at all last night.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I stumbled across this deep dive into the trailer of F that potentially reveals some of what might be going on in that mysterious trailer. Pretty interesting stuff even if it does end up being incorrect.

Top Bottom