• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sign here if you have Special Edition

Do you own Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
Here are all the scores for the DMC games: (As my memory recalls)

DMC 1: 9.6/10 (NICE)!
DMC 2: 7.0/10 (Most likely the worst in the series, but still not too shabby =( )
DMC 3: 9.6/10 (Hey! It caught up with DMC1! 'bout time!)
DMC 3 SP: 9.0/10 (Ooh, so close and yet so far! The SP edition got WORSE than the norma one by 0.6!! Oh, shame on them...)

KojiDude

SE was the first DMC game I ever got, and 2 weeks later I got the 5th Anniversery collection for the other 2. If I had to score them, I'd say

DMC: 7.8 For the horrible control scheme. The fact that my PS2 shut off right after I spent 2 hours to got Ifrit, beat Phantom2 and Griffon might've affected that score too...

DMC2: 8.5 Because I like the battle system and graphics, but it's way to freakin' dark and needs a better storyline. It's too hard to get Red Orbs too.

DMC3:SE: 9.5 Because of a couple things with Vergil I would've changed. I would've made his Super Vergil costume exactly like the default, but with his hair down like Dante's. He should've had his own storyline too, or at least have him fight Dante in M 7,13 and 20. The battle system is pefect though. It's easy even on DMD.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
What can I say?
DMC: 9.9 coz if you played 3rd first, it will be hard for you to master controls
DMC2: 8.0 not so bad that I was told
DMC3: 9.5 the characters are not so detailed like DMC's (well, except D&V)
DMC3: SE: 10 coz you can play as VERGIL!!!

chimaira

Nah,

Devil May Cry 10/10
Devil May Cry 2 8/10 (not as bad as people make out)
Devil May Cry 3 : Special Edition 9/10

Havn't played Devil May Cry 3 : Dante's Awakening so i can't rate it.

Oh playing as Vergil is overated. :ninja:

Dark Elf

Dagger user
DMC 9.9
DMC2 8.0
DMC3 9.5
SE 10
And this is my rating, you can't say "Nah" to it
Nope, playing as Vergil is not overrated

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
Well, it is actually, since it's exactly the same as playing as Dante only a different character, different weapons and different styles, everything else is the same. Even your enemy brother is STILL Vergil, only in a red suit like Dante. You get the same bosses and levels, and it won't let you get the weapons you pick up along the game as Dante, you're stuck with the weapons you start with, and the only -new- cutscene is the starting one, all the Dante cutscenes have been totally scrubbed, leaving you with absolutely no cutscenes in the game whatsoever! F-ucking brilliant! (Not). :dry: So you see, Vergil's game IS overrated.

chimaira

Yeah that's what i meant. I mean Vergil is a good character, but there is nothing new. Like Nelo Assholo said it's the same game just without the cutscenes, weapons etc. But it is a great game anyway so playing as Vergil is just a bonus, nothing special.

Oh and Alastor12 i meant nah as in this is my opinion. I respect your opinion. :)

Dark Elf

Dagger user
I'm Alastor. I got it, thanks and I respect your point of view as well.

Well, I can't now say he's a bonus for me. I've got Easy & Normal cleared with SS rank, Hard almost cleared with SS, Very Hard cleared with S and 15 DMD missions cleared with S.
That's why I can't call him a bonus

chimaira

Well you get the extra costumes and stuff with him. Oh and i know your Alastor lol.

I've only completed it on normal, only got it a couple of weeks ago. Do you unlock anything by completing it on easy.

Completing it with Vergil on normal at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom