• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sigh... The Ring vs The Grudge

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
As much as I hate Hollywood right now, never... in a million years... even with Michael Bay and George Lucas combined... would they have pulled a move as cynical as this one.

Not even Marvel vs. AoT was as bad as this.

Oh ok... the title says "Hayako vs. Sadako". Whoops.

Aurelius

Wow! Didn't see this coming! Not quite sure what to think of this but at the same time, I'm a little excited. I was never really big into Ringu/The Ring but I absolutely love Ju- On/The Grudge.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I was never really big into Ringu/The Ring but I absolutely love Ju- On/The Grudge.

Wasn't impressed by either one. Although I'm yet to watch the original Ju-On. I heard lots of praise on Ringu but I was very meh about it. The Grudge made me laugh more than anything else, with that ghosts design.

The_Grudge.png

But I feel the same as Chancey about this.

berto

I Saw the Devil
no nono nono nonoononononnoononononooNONONONONOONONNONNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

YOU FOOOLS!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DOOOOONNEEEEE!!!????? WHY!? WHYYY!?

Damn it, Japan! You're film industry is been led by a bunch of dumb asses who don't know how people actually talk, the Ring and Ju-On were made by the previous generation and the last few travesties of these franchise are obviously examples of exactly what I'm talking about. Add to this the notion of ghost vs ghost is dumb, even on paper.

I ain't watching this crap? No. No. Nnh, nhn. No. No. No no no. No! HELL no. No! No! I refus-- No. No...

In all seriousness, I'm a huge horror fan. I find the really good supernatural ones a subject matter fascinating beyond simple passing interest. The Exorcist, The Ring, Rigor Mortis, Noroi, Rec, Ahí va el Diablo, The Witch, the 9th Gate, anything that involves the esoteric, the occult, the supernatural or if it's rooted on a religious basis or believes, be it Christian, Shinto, Hoodoo or even more obscure creeds, those are my kind of horror, so to see one of my favorite franchises deteriorate to this point is bad enough but two? It's a dark day when two of my favorite franchises go Freddy vs Jason.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I never watched either film, but I did read the book The Ring is based off of. I can't see how they'll pull this of, but I am interested to say the least.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dont understand where the ideas come from for these Vs movies, just seems a way to get a cheap cash in on a license to me. I just about accepted Alien vs Predator as it could at least be explained within the lore of both franchises but I had hoped things like Freddy vs Jason would be a one off and not stretch into other franchises. It seems I was wrong and this idea is even more ludicrous than that one was...

Top Bottom