• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sierra Entertainment back from the dead?

Dark Drakan

Admin
815172.png

Activision has released a teaser for a Sierra related announcement at GamesCom 2014 via a teaser site featuring the historic companies logo. The video released on Sierras Youtube channel states that 'more will be revealed at GamesCom 2014'. The company have been involved with such franchises as Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Dragon Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest, Kings Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, F.E.A.R, Empire Earth, Counter Strike, Homeworld, SWAT franchise, Gabriel Knight, and Ultima. They've also helped publish a number of Valve games, like Half-Life 2 & content for original Half Life too.

The company was purchased by Activision following the merger of Vivendi and Activision in 2008 and Activision originally stated that they would be selling Sierra and its titles but seems they arent dead yet. Heres hoping for a new game in the SWAT series.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Haven't played much of their games, only games I remember seeing their name on is TimeShift and Predator Concrete Jungle.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The list of games they had a hand in is quite extensive. Really hope that they revive some of their long dead franchises & get back to doing what they did best.

Haven't played much of their games, only games I remember seeing their name on is TimeShift and Predator Concrete Jungle.

Yeah they published TimeShift & were merely a distributor for Predator Concrete Jungle.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Was Sierra the ones who did Crash Twinsanity and Tag Team Racing? If so it would be cool to see another one of those.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Was Sierra the ones who did Crash Twinsanity and Tag Team Racing? If so it would be cool to see another one of those.

Crash Twinsanity was developed by Travellers Tales & Tag Team Racing was done by Radical Entertainment but published by Sierra. Sierra mainly published some Crash & Spyro titles but could bring it back according to some sources.

Dark Drakan

Admin
dunno how I feel about it with Activision behind them.

It's been 6 years since takeover & Activision could have simply sold all their assets & IPs so hopefully they will be careful with them & use them sparingly. Last thing we want is these franchises being revived & being "Activisioned" & released on every platform including microwaves & toasters & new instalments yearly. At least they will have money behind them I guess & could be worse & have Ubisoft pushing them for 2 games a year.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It's been 6 years since takeover & Activision could have simply sold all their assets & IPs so hopefully they will be careful with them & use them sparingly. Last thing we want is these franchises being revived & being "Activisioned" & released on every platform including microwaves & toasters & new instalments yearly. At least they will have money behind them I guess & could be worse & have Ubisoft pushing them for 2 games a year.
Well I hope it won't turn like I think it will with F2p and microtransicions.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well I hope it won't turn like I think it will with F2p and microtransicions.

More an EA thing than an Activision thing (though both known known for milking franchises) & never been something Sierra have done so can't see it personally but shall wait & see.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Funny, I always associated the classic Sierra logo with my PC crashing.
This should be interesting, hope this turns out well.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Sierra founder Ken Williams has released an official statement and announced 2 new titles are on the way. An all-new Geometry Wars, as well as a fresh installment in the King's Quest series.

We're very proud of what we created all those years ago with Sierra Online, and today's news about carrying Sierra forward as an indie-specific brand is very encouraging. We look forward to seeing Sierra's independent spirit live on, and are especially excited to see what The Odd Gentlemen will do with King's Quest.

Zero

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I hope they bring back Phantasmagoria! I watched my dad play that as a kid and it scared the bejeezus out of me. XD Still has some of the goriest death scenes to this day.

...and people think modern day games are violent? Clearly they never played this game.

Top Bottom