• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shouldn't we DMC fans be grateful about DmC instead of acting like it was something unwanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
EDIT: you know what? No. I haven't said anything anyone should take offense to personally. I said one or two views didn't make sense, and I explained why by use of cogent arguments. I've posted, what, three times? That's. It. How often have you posted these accusative comments, including the time I needed to contact Angel? Don't you dare school me on manners.
I wasn't going to answer but -- you just had to add that last comment. It's not enough to come in here with your passive aggressive nonsense, but you had to have "a last word..."

ON TOP OF THE OTHER LAST WORD.

And you have the brass to say that I'M TRYING TO DRAG YOU INTO THIS??

I was right the first time. You WERE trying to get a rise out of someone -- and now that I responded to your post, you're trying to make it look like you're taking the high ground by accusing me of derailing the thread.

------------------------------------------

That's not going to work. People can see past your ruse, and the only ones who'll agree with you are the ones who crap on DmC because you all need your little "support group" to "validate" your opinion.

Instead of sending me the message through PM, you thought it would be better to go for a more public spectacle.

You're an attention whore. Always have been, always will be. That's never going to change.

Go ahead and write a response. I'm not going to read it. I'm done with this thread, and I'm done with you.

Find another excuse to harass those that you can't agree with, because people have already heard all of yours -- repeatedly. Maybe then you could actually convince someone who doesn't hate DmC.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Find another excuse to harass those that you can't agree with, because people have already heard all of yours -- repeatedly. Maybe then you could actually convince someone who doesn't hate DmC.

Like I've said many times before, I do not hate DmC. You decided to ignore that every time, apparently. I just reacted to the topic question of why DMC fans aren't grateful for DmC. After that, you suddenly accused me of trying to get a rise out of people. :/
It even looks like you created your comment in advance, like months ago, which is a bit weird. You are now ignored (again).

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Vergil is ass as a character, he was nothing special in 3.

Opinions are divided on that. I think he could definitely be fleshed out more, but was he 'ass'? Not in my view. I can see why you think that, though, and I'm not saying you're wrong. I actually almost agree.

He's cold, silent and does not place much value on demons' lives. He tries to be more like his father, or so he believes. In reality, I think he'd rather ignore the fact that Sparda was loving and wasn't at all obsessed with gaining power as Vergil is. He is the antithesis to Dante. Anyway, that's not what this thread is about, so let's get back to the topic.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Now this last one is what I really agree with! The "original continuity" went down the drain anyway thanks to DMC2, DMC Anime, and DMC4 (DMC3 seems passable even though it is more of a retcon than a prequel for DMC1; just wished they didn't make the story too similar to Inuyasha)... So the claim made by fans which goes "don't fix what's not broken" has been countered!
technically they had a lot of chances to tie things together but they havent taken them so i was ok with a reboot.

Chances are DMC5 wouldnt have tied things together anyway, just another disconnected jump in time.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Chances are DMC5 wouldnt have tied things together anyway, just another disconnected jump in time.
No, it wouldn't. It would've been the best game ever. With an expertly written story, and featuring more than three melee weapons this time around.

Oh, and they also wouldn't have ruined Vergil (any more than they already have, I mean) in any way whatsoever. ^_^

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
The tone of the OP in this thread just comes across as incredibly insensitive and full of himself with his post.

I'm really not trying to pick a fight, but giving my honest opinion.

The message I am getting out of your post is "The old series sucked!!! and you ungrateful fans should be happy you even got a reboot".

am I right?

There are plenty of fans like myself who did not think a reboot was needed, who where still faithful fans of the series that where hopeful that Capcom would get their s&*t together and actually give a crap about the series to address some of the issues. They had did it before with DMC2 with giving us a much improved version of the DMC experience with DMC3, So I would have to say it would not be completely out of the realm of possibility for them to pull another miracle job after then less than stellar DMC4.

Bottom line is fans all do not think the same, its not right to fault a certain group of fans simply because they did not like the reboot. I gave it a fair chance and enjoyed it, but still would much rather have the original series make a return.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

True. Besides, I don't see why Devil May Cry had to be rebooted because of DMC4 only, as I've explained in a previous post. I do have to give credit to Capcom and Ninja Theory for wanting to continue with Devil May Cry, but they just made a mistake in how they were going about doing that. A reboot was definitely not necessary, considering all DMC games pretty much have no connection to one another. If that disconnection was the reason for the reboot, then they should've rebooted the series after DMC2. I mean, no offense, but you can't seriously say DMC4 was less of a DMC game than DMC2, when statistics show DMC2 is the most hated and critically least well received. Besides, westernizing it is not the way to gain fans instead of losing many of them and gaining some. I wouldn't reboot Metal Gear Solid after MGS3, either - at least not in a way that threw everything away and 'remade' it, so to speak. Sorry if this comment somehow comes across wrong.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm really not trying to pick a fight...
Maybe you should change your subtitle to "Fair DmC Skeptic". I dunno, I think the whole "proud" thing is kind of like walking around with a chip on your shoulder.

I know "fair" doesn't sound as... stylish as "proud" so, maybe you could just change it to just plain old, "DmC Skeptic."

Or keep it as it is. Whichever works.
... but giving my honest opinion.
Ok. I'll just take that sentence at face value and won't question the motives behind it at all.
Sorry if this comment somehow comes across wrong.
A little humility goes a long way. (=

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Maybe you should change your subtitle to "Fair DmC Skeptic". I dunno, I think the whole "proud" thing is kind of like walking around with a chip on your shoulder.

I know "fair" doesn't sound as... stylish as "proud" so, maybe you could just change it to just plain old, "DmC Skeptic."

Or keep it as it is. Whichever works.

Ok. I'll just take that sentence at face value and won't question it at all.

I thought you and I had a spoken agreement to avoid posting towards eachother?

You even said that you had me on your ignore list and would ignore me from now on whenever i post since everytime I do attempt to have a discussion with you it ends with you freaking out on me?

Come on dude, lets keep the system in place, I have no intention on trying to discuss things with you when it always goes downt the same route even when i try at my utmost to be respectful to you.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I thought you and I had a spoken agreement to avoid posting towards eachother?

You even said that you had me on your ignore list and would ignore me from now on whenever i post since everytime I do attempt to have a discussion with you it ends with you freaking out on me?

Come on dude, lets keep the system in place, I have no intention on trying to discuss things with you when it always goes downt the same route even when i try my at my utmost to be respectful to you.
It was a typed in the mildest manner possible with just a hint of sarcasm at the end. It really was an honest suggestion.

After you said that "you're not trying to pick a fight," I just couldn't help but be a tad... skeptical.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't fully agree with this. I think they did it because of the constant complains they get for the story. That and Inafune's boner for western gaming that seemed to linger after he pushed for this project to be westernized to the MAX even after he was gone.
Well my friend was telling me that Capcom didn't have a team to do the reboot because all the team that had expierence on DMC split up to do different games so they probably were more willing to give NT a shot.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
It was a typed in the mildest manner possible with just a bit of sarcasm at the end.

After you said that "you're not trying to pick a fight" I just couldn't help but be a tad skeptical.

I'm not trying to pick a fight.

i gave my opinion on the topic at hand is all.

The "sarcasm' was unnecessary since It was not directed at you and was me giving the OP what he wanted, which is to know why fans are not "grateful" for the reboot.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The "sarcasm' was unnecessary
I actually don't know about that. Think of it as me questioning the validity of your statement of not trying to pick a fight. A harmless joke when I could have just straight out said that you're trying force your opinion on others.

Personally, I think you're motives may just be... insidious. But, since I'm obviously just another DmC fanboy, my opinions are therefore considered to be null and void.

Seriously though, if you really are just giving an honest an fair critique on what I consider to be a slightly above-average game, then by all means, go ahead.

Just don't be surprised when people don't immediately believe you. Not with that subtitle and sig, anyway.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I actually don't know about that. Think of it as me questioning the validity of your statement of not trying to pick a fight. A harmless joke when I could have just straight out said that you're trying force your opinion on others.

Personally, I think you're motives may just be... insidious, but since I'm obviously just another DmC fanboy, my opinions are therefore considered null and void.

Seriously though, if you really are just giving an honest an fair critique on what I consider to be a slightly above-average game, then by all means, go ahead.

Just don't be surprised when people don't immediately believe you. Not with that subtitle and sig, anyway.

Your just reading to much into all my posts simply because as you said in this very post i'm quoting, you basically do not like me at all and think my motives are "insidious".

So whenever I do make a post you immediately will think that, as i have said countless times in other threads before I do not have a problem with you, and if you have one with me then simply add me to your ignore list since you very well know how all of our conversations ends.

As I pointed out in the past, the sig was a joke that was made to poke fun at the fans freaking out over the reboot. So really it would be more in defense of DmC then against it since I thought some of the fans around the web where going to far with the freaking out over it.

And my member title is just something I never bothered to change, I did not think it was a big deal and that I would would receive heat for it. Especially considering I have already given my opinion on DmC and even said I enjoyed it which should be taken into account before people just judge me based solely upon little things like my sig and member title.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I'm not trying to pick a fight.

i gave my opinion on the topic at hand is all.

The "sarcasm' was unnecessary since It was not directed at you and was me giving the OP what he wanted, which is to know why fans are not "grateful" for the reboot.

I thought your post was very reasonable (not to try to kiss up to you :p). However, I do think your subtitle 'Proud DmC skeptic' can incite hatred and disbelief. It's probably the reason why some might react badly to certain comments. Besides, DmC itself is by no means a terrible game, but one might get the impression that's how you feel due to that subtitle. Just some advice - I know you didn't ask for it, so I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom