• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should they revisit it? possibly remake it?

Should they revisit 2?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRose

Kael
I think that they should possibly revisit on 2, make it fit better with the DMC storyline and give dante a little freaking personality damn it! >o< I think it may do capcom some good. The don't have to change things entierly, they don't have to even bring it to the new systems just kind of give it a little more than what is now. they probaly won't ever do it but hey, people can dream.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I agree.... it would be awesome if they remake it. If capcom doesnt, they'll have a lot of things to explain to us about Dante's personality.
I mean, first he is all so ****y and then, all of a sudden, he is misterious and quiet...

Sparda™

I don't think they should go back and remake games.

All they need to do is to progress and make new games.

SpArDaCaN =/)

"Toasty!"
well maybe but if they are I would recommend that they take out the returning dmc1 bosses they don't need it and the gunsling stuff needs to be improved.
But keep the nefasturris battle thats a favorite.

Goldsickle

I think they should re-include Lucia back into the series at least and redesign her in a way where she plays much smoother and has her own fighting technique.

Dante has "Styles" while Nero has his Devil Bringer.

Lucia could bring back the elemental "Hearts" from the 2nd game and somehow redesign it so you can select different Elements that influences her fighting style or Devil Trigger by using the directional pad.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Games are usually remade because they are good but how wrong can you go with going back to a bad game and tweaking it? But I think it would be a waste of time, whats done is done and I hope Capcom do not just pretend it never happened. Move on but don't forget about it.

RedRose

Kael
Games are usually remade because they are good but how wrong can you go with going back to a bad game and tweaking it? But I think it would be a waste of time, whats done is done and I hope Capcom do not just pretend it never happened. Move on but don't forget about it.

that's not entierly true, with metal gear solid they also had a crappy second game but they went back to redo it and it's pretty good from what i hear (haven't gotten an opertunity to play it) the only thing is it was on a different game system (psp i think)

now that wouldn't be a bad idea, to redo dmc 2 on the psp, I know i'd be a happy camper and would play my psp all the freaking time.

ParkesieMayCry959

Royalguard Master
Dante's personality in DMC2 is not as "badass" as he is in DMC1 & 3, I think because he is older, people mature as they get older.

But yeah, in all honesty, DMC2 isn't as good as it's predecessor, but it was playable and sort of enjoyable.

If they remade DMC2, I would like to have DMC3's targeting system, because DMC2's one was HORRIBLE, and often just resulted in getting you killed. :/

And I suppose Dante could at least be a little more lively, lol.

But hey, the graphics on Dante's hair in DMC2 in my opinion were pretty good. :)

ParkesieMayCry959

Royalguard Master
RedRose;181965 said:
yeah it wasn't a terrible game but it had it's bad quirks

The targeting system is my worst thing in it...automatically locking on enemies near you if I remember? (Haven't played in a while)

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Dante hair was very well detailed... much better than DMC4's IMO.
One thing I really enjoyed was flying in DT state, althought was a little confusing. The wings sounds gave a good flying sensation.

ParkesieMayCry959

Royalguard Master
Crimson Devil;182020 said:
Dante hair was very well detailed... much better than DMC4's IMO.
One thing I really enjoyed was flying in DT state, althought was a little confusing. The wings sounds gave a good flying sensation.

Yeah, the hair was awesome.

I'd like to see that flying system return, and hopefully improved in DMC5.

RedRose

Kael
yeah, i've noticed that in the most recent games you're unable to fly in DT, but that was probaly to make it more challenging, instaid of just hovering above enemies and pomelling them.

Meg

i think instead of remaking the game DMC5 should just include what happened in 2 into the story. Like maybe the game starts with Nero going to find out the truth about his arm or whatever and he winds up in the demon world where he sees dante. they escape and it cuts to Lucia hearing the motorcyle. kinda long winded, but i wanted to share my idea.

by the way, RedRose that is a really cool pic!

Tramendium

meg127;184878 said:
i think instead of remaking the game DMC5 should just include what happened in 2 into the story. Like maybe the game starts with Nero going to find out the truth about his arm or whatever and he winds up in the demon world where he sees dante. they escape and it cuts to Lucia hearing the motorcyle. kinda long winded, but i wanted to share my idea.

by the way, RedRose that is a really cool pic!

I agree about remake and i agree about dt flight ability and i even agree about dmc5 after dmc2 but will it be worth the time and money cause statistics are all important to big game companies and you know it but it would be good idea....maybe like orange box with games they made dmc box with dmc 1 and 2 and for the first time let them be on PC as well.

RedRose

Kael
I think redoing dmc 2 would be worth it, if they maybe did it for the psp system, which a new psp is coming out in october acording to game informer magazine.

sheepydee

Nothing
I hated that game... i dont like to see crap games get remade... its the only DMC i dont like im afraid peepz

except i'd split that game in half ... reason being because Dante's side of it was C-R-A-P but Lucia's side of it was MUCH better.. although it still wasnt very good

Nikkolas

Hey all, I'm a newcomer to the DMC franchise. I played the first parts of all 3 games and I don't see what causes the hate for DMC2. I love the gameplay. Dante doing his little run up the walls, his DT and well..he just looks cooler in this game than any of the others IMO.
People talk about his lack of one-liners and witty dialogue but the guy is supposed to be about what, 50 at this time?aw a little timeline estimating his ages through the games and 50ish was the agreed upon age for DMC2) And a guy that age should not be acting like an annoying teenager. And considering what he's seen and been through, it's all probably weighed on him more and more as he grows older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom