• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should I buy I new xbox 360?

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos888;167691 said:
So will it stop the RROD?

Well thats the idea of the new chipset to cut down the risk and make it more reliable and cost efficient.

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos888;167848 said:
So it only cuts down on the chances of it happening?

Well theres always a chance something will go wrong with any electronical device. As the RROD isnt a signal of one particular problem something can still go wrong as the console isnt indestructible. :lol:

If you put a hole in the console it will show the RROD, if you snap the cable in the back it will show the RROD if you break the CD tray off it will show the RROD (none of which is the consoles fault but the same error lights all the same). What im trying to say is the RROD just means something is wrong (could be anything). Doesnt mean that the console is suffering from the same fault the new chips were designed to stop its just a warning something is wrong, regardless of whether its a technical fault or something you have done.

Cuts the chances of anything going wrong by a large amount though also makes them MUCH quieter. Important to me as my room is tiny and having the thing sound like a jet taking off wasnt good when i was sat so close to it. :lol:

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
BringerOfChaos888;167848 said:
So it only cuts down on the chances of it happening?

The RRoD pretty much used to happen because of overheating.

Now you would have to do something stupid to get a RRoD.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
The loud console has never posed a problem for me!:p

My last question is if it will stop the console from overheating? Meaning no more RROD from over heating.

Also, if any of you have the spare time can you compile for me a list of all possible malfunctions, and or errors?

I wanted to say thanks too.

Finding people that'll give you help on this kind of topic is hard.

Rep will be rewarded for all helpful posts.

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos888;168037 said:
The loud console has never posed a problem for me!:p

My last question is if it will stop the console from overheating? Meaning no more RROD from over heating.

Also, if any of you have the spare time can you compile for me a list of all possible malfunctions, and or errors?

I wanted to say thanks too.

Finding people that'll give you help on this kind of topic is hard.

Rep will be rewarded for all helpful posts.

It stops the original cause of the problem yeah. As long as the console is well ventilated and allowed to breathe it shouldnt have any issues. I will post a link to the Microsoft Support page with possible errors when im home from work if you wish. Helping people broaden their gaming horizons is always a good thing to do so im happy to help. ^_^

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
How many feet should I allow it to have for space?

If I properly ventilate it, how long do you think it will last?

And yes, please post the link.

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos888;168098 said:
How many feet should I allow it to have for space?

If I properly ventilate it, how long do you think it will last?

And yes, please post the link.

So long as theres enough room for air to circulate around the console and power block its fine. Doesnt have to be feet of room, my 360 only has about 2 inches of breathing space on one side but my PC fan does blow onto it from that side. Also only about 3 inches of space behind it to let heat out (as its on a desk and cant be moved any further forward). Despite being stored next to a heater originally mines had 1 issue in over 3 years so couldnt really say individually and i have one of the early launch consoles.

Lots of info here:

Xbox Support

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Basically like I said, it is hard to get a RRoD nowadays.

You have to fry the thing for awhile before it RRoD and if you do that it is your fault.

It still CAN happen though.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
To the sides it would have 8 inches.

To the back a foot and some change.

To foot... Well it obvious it's gonna have allot in front.:p

I only plan to for 3-4 hours a day.

So, how am I looking considering the new jasper chipset?

Also does the power brick need to be cool? On my last three sixty It was behind the stand under a tone of cords.

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos888;168201 said:
To the sides it would have 8 inches.

To the back a foot and some change.

To foot... Well it obvious it's gonna have allot in front.:p

I only plan to for 3-4 hours a day.

So, how am I looking considering the new jasper chipset?

Also does the power brick need to be cool? On my last three sixty It was behind the stand under a tone of cords.

Yeah keep the power block away from things as it gives off quite the amount of heat after a while. Definitely keep it away from the 360 (mine was stored right behind my monitor for ages). Didnt have any issues but it used to get really warm. It should be fine, dont worry too much.

Dying Angel

I've had two 360's one i gave to my girlfriend which still works fine and got myself an elite for the bigger harddrive and had no problems with either i got my 1st one 2years ago and my elite sometime last year, the only people i know that have had the RROD is people that got the 1st bunch of 360's before they changed the chips to falcon's, Hope that helps and theres alot of great games coming out for the 360, I was going to get a PS3 but there's only one game i would get on it so seems pointless.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dying Angel;168211 said:
only people i know that have had the RROD is people that got the 1st bunch of 360's before they changed the chips to falcon's

I was one of those people and still took 2 years of being played to death in a really hot room to get it. Was back in 6 days anyway and they even fixed the CD tray which id accidentally broken for free & fitted a nice quieter new model DVD drive for me.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I just have a bad taste in my mouth.

If the ****er breaks I'm screwed because I won't have any consoles.

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos888;168235 said:
I just have a bad taste in my mouth.

If the ****er breaks I'm screwed because I won't have any consoles.

If by some chance you do get the RROD then it will be fixed for free anyway, however with the newer consoles theres little chance anyway. So simply dont worry so much.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
So here is the big question, DD.

Should I waited four months for a new Ps3, or should I just go ahead and buy an Xbox 360 because I have the money?

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos888;168371 said:
So here is the big question, DD.

Should I waited four months for a new Ps3, or should I just go ahead and buy an Xbox 360 because I have the money?

Well i couldnt go a week without gaming so id have definately got a 360. Im always playing mine anyway and rarely leave it alone (stopped playing on it 5mins ago ironically). :lol:

Ive never once regretted my purchase since the day i got it home and unpackaged it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos888;168374 said:
Does it automatically come with the three year warranty?

Yeah it does so no need to do anything about that. Unless you want a store warranty in case of accidental damage or anything like that (over zealous cousins) to make sure all areas are covered, thats up to you. Ive never had one though personally.

Top Bottom