• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sengoku Basara vs. Devil May Cry Stage Play Announced(?)

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
screen-shot-2015-04-25-at-4.50.09-pm.png.jpg
I'm reading it but my mind isn't capable of understanding it. What the hell is this? What does it mean?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-vs-devil-may-cry-stage-play-announced/.87517

Viper

Premium
Suddenly I'm reminded of the cutscene with Agnus and Dante...

Okay, I can't wrap my head around how all the fighting would look on stage, but it looks like in Japan they do not shy away from using video game stories in theater.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
A Sengoku Basara stage play? Yeah, I can...I can kinda see that....
(Keeps reading)
"Crossed over with Devil May Cr"---
311.gif

Wait...
WHAT?!

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
A Sengoku Basara stage play? Yeah, I can...I can kinda see that....
(Keeps reading)
"Crossed over with Devil May Cr"---
311.gif

Wait...
WHAT?!

(Probably one of the best episodes of SPN)

Okay, now that I've had time to think about it...how? How will they pull it off without it coming off incredibly sil--

Wait, wait, wait...SB is already silly enough on its own; I doubt the addition of DMC in the stage play is going to make it any more so. Of course, I could be wrong. :laugh:

I wonder how they'd showcase the over-the-top attacks though--on both sides? The SB cast might just be "humans", but last I checked, they have a lot more power than most of the humans present in their franchise (come on, nobody who's ever played the games can tell me they don't get some satisfaction from throwing dozens of enemies hither and thither...all at once). Kind of makes me wonder what conclusion they'd reach by the end of it. o_O

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
(Probably one of the best episodes of SPN)

Okay, now that I've had time to think about it...how? How will they pull it off without it coming off incredibly sil--

Wait, wait, wait...SB is already silly enough on its own; I doubt the addition of DMC in the stage play is going to make it any more so. Of course, I could be wrong. :laugh:
See, Sengoku Basara, even when it segways from giant mechs and horses with motorcycle exhaust pipes for five whole minutes to take itself seriously, usually boils down to cheesetacular melodrama...see also, everything that Yukimura says in his righteous speeches about "the fire of hope that burns in his heart."

Devil May Cry, on the other hand, takes itself suicidally-seriously. Considering how story-driven and dramatic the series has become, mashing it with Basara will seem weird. It would be like having a cross-over between Sunset Overdrive and the next uber-serious Call of Duty.

Bayonetta and Sengoku Basara would've been a better fit, since both have the same level of "seriousness."

Top Bottom