• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sega Teases Bayonetta for PC

berto

I Saw the Devil
http://www.sega.com/14111219
As of this point there are 9 days 12 hours left.

Sega loaded that old Bayonetta 8 bit game from a while ago to steam a day ago. In the images from Steam there was a hidden messege.
bXlmA6SY
o7jpKuvf

That was a hidden site to a countdown, the one I posted above. Could be an April fool's joke but the internet is pretty up about it and there might be enough interest that it deserves it's own thread rather than just in general news.

If any of this holds water Bayonetta might get a PC release but I can tell you right now Bayo 2 is a Nintendo exclusive and they won't be allowing for the game to be released outside of their councils, unless they get a pretty huge surge of generosity but let's not hold our breath on that one, they're trying to build support for the switch and giving away their exclusives won't do them any favors. On the bright side a lot of PC games get ported to the PS4 so the Playstation might finally get a decent version of the game. With E3 on the horizon Bayonetta might get a bit more time in the spotlight, either from Sega or from Nintendo.

Last edited:

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
How do we know that it's a PC port of the game, though? It could be something else entirely...

berto

I Saw the Devil
How do we know that it's a PC port of the game, though? It could be something else entirely...
Because all of this comes from Steam. It could be something else but if it was Bayonetta 3 they wouldn't use an image/mini-game/promotional material from 1 and if it was a PS4/XB1 port why release the mini-game only on Steam?

A PC port would be a pretty mundane and boring thing to have a countdown for.
Tell that to all the people excited about it. Might not be all that impressive of an affair but so far it's not as though the countdown is that big an announcement in itself. Sega didn't announce the site, or even the release of the mini-game on Steam. They're being pretty quiet about the whole thing so it might not be a huge announcement with fanfare and lots of balloons and a parade, it might just be a kanda basic thing so a countdown site for a game that isn't being pushed that hard so far isn't that odd.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
*shrugs* The last time I saw a countdown it was for the English release of God Eater Resurrection and God Eater 2: Rage Burst, so I might be spoiled.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Not long to wait now. I'm not overly excited for this... at all, actually. I don't PC and Platinumed Bayonetta before. Still, I like the game enough to want to see it do better. Here's to hoping for better things for our favorite games. Now, if only Catherine would get a high q port for the new gen.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It was pretty much what I said, not sure why you're disappointed, now. Nintendo won't allow for a B2 port elsewhere and a PS4/XB1 port was a long shot so no surprise there.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Good news for those un-initiated and foreign to the Bayonetta series. The more people get into the series, the more likely demand for a sequel will increase...so it's a win for pre-existing fans as well.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, I'm disappointed because it feels pretty anticlimactic. I already have the game on two consoles, so while it's a win for PC gamers, I really just don't care personally.

berto

I Saw the Devil

So this is what Kamiya's been doing since Scalebound. I'm still hoping for a PS4 port, though I won't hold my breath. It seems that P* is in a position where they can only follow those who pay for it so unless Sony and Microsoft show the money to do it it's just not going to happen.

Top Bottom