• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[SCIV] Transending History and the World...

Keaton

Premium
...a tale of Souls and Swords, Eternally Retold.

As many of you may have deducted, I picked up Soul Calibur IV a few days ago from my local games outlet, I traded in three old games and the game cost me £0.78p :D

I was wondering if anyone else had played the game at all, either console, and if so what you think ^__^

Personally, I dislike the introduction of Star War's characters into the series, mainly because it just doesn't fit reguardless of Developers Efforts at a backstory.

But, Yoda is fun enough to play as and Lightsabre duels between him and the other non-version specific Star Wars character are always fun.

I just hope that the makers of Soul Calibur are brought in to make a Star Wars only game at some point, because the game mechanics employed here would be fantastic compared to the flawed previous exploits :D

Keaton

Premium
^I encourage all Soul Calibur related chat :D

I own SCII on the Gamecube, Link was great :D

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I own SC1, 2 and 3, but not four, I find there's more important games on my list at the moment, but I do get paid quite a significant amount tomorrow, so that list should shoot right down, so I'll probably end up buying it tomorrow or something.

Although I never was too sure about the SC series, it's one of those games that you've gotta keep playing just so you can form an opinion on it, I've never really been able to say if it's a great series or a bad one, on the one hand, it's a generalised beat em up, on the other hand, it's got great storytelling, I've just...Never been able to reach a real conclusion.

To me it's sort of like...A wine, you just have to keep sampling it just so you can actually decide whether or not it's good, it's confusing really. :lol:

Keaton

Premium
^I agree, it is one of those series' that has elements on either side of the scale. Personally, I really enjoy it even as a Beat-Em-Up, the fighting is technical but easy for beginners to pick up, but also allows advanced players to run rings around a cocky new player who attempts to bully themselves up to a higher ranking.

The story often leaves me wanting more, when I saw the opening to IV i was left with a pure and simple WTF look.

But, as with the previous games you need to beat Story Mode with the Key Characters (Sigfried and Nightmare etc) to unravel the plot :)

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Yeah, I picked up 4 last week. Vader is a kill-joy, so slow and not very strong. The Apprentice is great, same with Mitsuguri, Seigfried and Sophita.

Sparda™

I personally like Tekken over Soul Calibur, hence my signatures.^_^

Yoshimitsu and Heihachi have been part of the Soul Calibur series as well, taken from Tekken. Namco's main game series has and always be Tekken, however.^_^

Tawsie

Give Me More...
I don't really see the difference between Tekken and Soul Calibur, they are basically the same minus character and the ending cut scenes after each character play through.

Sparda™

Tawsie;116843 said:
I don't really see the difference between Tekken and Soul Calibur, they are basically the same minus character and the ending cut scenes after each character play through.

I like Tekken's universe, the storyline, the characters' moves - all about Tekken. Soul Calibur is just too flashy.

Keaton

Premium
YOSHIMITSU A nice read about Yoshi :D

Don't get me wrong Dante, I love the Tekken series, however since I am PS3-less, I am going to have to wait a while for my next endulgence, however my latest Tekken game was on the PSP which I adore, its a fantastic fighter and does a great job on Sonys Portable Console ^___^

Heihachi in Soul Calibur on the PS2 (SCII) never made much sense to me, but I guess he fits in, in the same way Yoda does lol o_O

Just don't argue about being un-armed or why the heck Lightsabres don't cut through steel :O

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
i got it for PS3 yesterday it's awesome i've played for about six hours now so by the time you read this i'll probably be on 10 hours or so jk

Top Bottom