• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

saya

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
it's not that much difficulties i would say, few readings and fool proofs components and pushing people to adjust with technology will clear all of that.. the thing is if we don't want conolse to hold back the graphical improvements, this should be done, and anyway the current gen is closer to pc architecture, it depends on those stakeholders and those clever minds behind the machines to figure something out..

look at pc today, the tech is already beefy, but so many pc gamers think it's not well used, in a way they increase the requirements with so little enhancement graphical wise, more or less it's the optimisation, needing beefy rig just to adjust the corporate needs of releasing new tech.. the most noticebale upgrade in visuals is only the 4k thingy instead of in game graphics itself

Dark Drakan

Admin
it's not that much difficulties i would say, few readings and fool proofs components and pushing people to adjust with technology will clear all of that.. the thing is if we don't want conolse to hold back the graphical improvements, this should be done, and anyway the current gen is closer to pc architecture, it depends on those stakeholders and those clever minds behind the machines to figure something out..

look at pc today, the tech is already beefy, but so many pc gamers think it's not well used, in a way they increase the requirements with so little enhancement graphical wise, more or less it's the optimisation, needing beefy rig just to adjust the corporate needs of releasing new tech.. the most noticebale upgrade in visuals is only the 4k thingy instead of in game graphics itself

More games need better optimised tech as this seems to be a big problem with some titles. I mean you see some of the differences between minimum specs and recommended specs and the difference is HUGE. Yet if they had a half decent more optimised engine these specs could be lowered again. However then you have the elitists sitting there proclaiming a game isnt as good as another simply because it doesnt tax the hardware they have purchased a matter of months prior to the release of said game. When I purchase the latest hardware I dont want games to be surpassing that hardware shortly down the line merely because they are poorly optimised and bloated.

Consoles are closer to the architecture of PC's than they have ever been before and I really like how there are more shared features between plaforms now. With instant Youtube sharing, editing software on consoles that sync to PC, more cross platform titles appearing, XB1 to PC streaming and rumoured PC to XB1 streaming a possibility in future, as well as mouse and keyboard support for consoles, remapping keys on controllers and Windows for console are all great ideas and things consoles should be pushing towards. PC shouldnt be shunned by console gamers and PC gamers should also embrace consoles as they can be used to benefit each other in future. Companies should be trying to blur the lines between PC's and consoles and be using each platforms strengths to benefit the others.

absolitude

@VampireWicked thank you to you too, i always try to see things from the artistic side, but you shouldn't take things seriously if people see it different, if we were to refer berto's and chancey's comment i thought they were joking cus their posts seriously made me lol'ed.. it's like one of those comments i see on youtube and imdb that could snap me and laugh while i'm being all serious and reads..

and if they're serious i could understand them, there's just too many school level characters in japanese pop media, things which i can't understand either.. perhaps it's the cultural difference or it's the audience i don't know.. anyway "saya" is a news worth sharing, aaaand i'm waiting for the other "saya" they're working on..

@Dark Drakan oh very well said, i don't get the elitists on both sides, i just don't get this kind of attitude.. and pc and consoles should benefit each other indeed, i am just excited for the next gen pc tech coming our way, hbm, hbm2, dx12.. and hey, xb1 gets the dx12 treatment, if it proves good we're in for a treat.. just hopefully the industry do it right..

absolitude

well if that's the case, and if you feel that way, i can't share my view nor lighten you up..

but i do could get a reasoning why they went with a school girl, they need to capture purity and beauty to create something that could appeal to people, and i gotta agree those things reflect on school level, i'm an asian too, and we think school levels are the best in looks ;frownless;healthy skin;high spirited, and we think of them as pure, natural and all --tho in reality not always like that, they're actually a mess and so noisy, lol..

but different in japan, we don't oftenly use that range of age for pop media.. so that's why i can't understand this part of japan..

all in all, the way i see saya i see purity, beauty and youth and if that was their aim, they did pefect.. and saya's eyes looked so myesterious and lonely, who doesn't like those kind of eyes artisticly? and i don't think this impression could reflect from a college level

Dark Drakan

Admin
@Dark Drakan oh very well said, i don't get the elitists on both sides, i just don't get this kind of attitude.. and pc and consoles should benefit each other indeed, i am just excited for the next gen pc tech coming our way, hbm, hbm2, dx12.. and hey, xb1 gets the dx12 treatment, if it proves good we're in for a treat.. just hopefully the industry do it right..

I like to try to see things from all points of view & I am both a PC gamer and console gamer and like to try to see the strengths and benefits of both platforms. I do my best to try and research new tech whenever I have the time and attempt to keep up to date with latest ins and outs of the different platforms & there are plenty of lessons they can learn from each other to benefit gamers as a whole.

At least DirectX12 will be less bloated, less of a resource hog and far more optimised than its predecessor. It won't be a magic wand to immediately fix certain issues but it will be a nice platform to build from in future with all of its new features.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@VampireWicked
Right. I don't understand why you're taking this so personally nor what's up with this whole 'how could you' attitude but it doesn't matter if we were joking or not, we're not been obscene or starting fights, we are giving our opinions and it's our prerogative to say it.

I'm provably not the only one but I studied animation in college so I studied Maya, 3D Max, Soft Image, and ZBrush, so I know better than most what it would take to pull something like this off and, honestly, I'm not that blown away at all by the feat. I'm actually more surprised that it hadn't happened before, but whatever, and the subject has me more puzzled than the method, which I still hold to that opinion. Why a schoolgirl? Why not a model or an adult woman? Why not a man? I wonder if people would raise more eyebrows it if was schoolboy...

Viper

Premium
Why a schoolgirl? Why not a model or an adult woman? Why not a man? I wonder if people would raise more eyebrows it if was schoolboy...
When I look at anime and Japanese fiction in general, and recall reading more than once that Japanese people are fixated on age of women, with still pure teenage girls being the practically worshiped ideal, I am not so surprised about the subject being a schoolgirl.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
@berto
It is not you giving an opinion that's my issue, i don't care what school you've went to, what classes you've taken.
It's your tone that irritates me.
Like you're spitting on it you see it as something low class.

My issue is you don't know these people & you've labeled them pervert because of some japanese stereotype.
You've studied Maya, 3D Max, Soft Image, and ZBrush & you out of how many here in this thread was the first to go typical japanese pervs.

I don't care if 20million japanese people have a warped school girl fantasy, you couldn't at least give these people the benefit of a doubt & think there's the slight possibility of a decent reason behind it.
This could be a representation of a child lost or a child wanted.
Could be some girl they've met who was an outstanding citizen.
Or other possible reasons.

Placing someone you don't know or something you don't know the reasoning in a stereotype true or not is insulting.
They used the words soft and moist to describe a teenage girl though.

Your argument is invalid. Soooo, when's the tentacle update?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Like you're spitting on it you see it as something low class.
Were you the one who did this? Are you the modeler? Or do you know them? Friends of yours or something? Because now I'm spitting at it. This reaction is exceptionally disproportionate, your eagerness and wrath at the defence of the slightest negative comment of seems a little too personal, to the point that now I thought it was low class and it was made by perverts. Taking some big leaps there.

I get to express my opinion regardless of the tone you seem to think you hear me typing it in and what I said will hardly be the most insulting you'll probably read regarding it, example, dude above me just mentioned tentacles, and guess what, as long as he doesn't get obscene or malicious about it he gets to say it. Not everyone is going to go my god it's full of stars at it, oh well. I don't know why you got this invested on it but do me a favor and ease off, everyone here is entitled to express their opinion and perceive this as they see fit even if you don't like it.

absolitude

they used soft and moist for facial --oooooh, facial-- skin care products @Chancey289 .. it's like saying juicy and tender --wait-- for steaks, i mean what are they supposed to use? tight and humid? and that's probably coming from the article instead of the creator..

berto

I Saw the Devil
they used soft and moist for facial --oooooh, facial-- skin care products @Chancey289 .. it's like saying juicy and tender --wait-- for steaks, i mean what are they supposed to use? tight and humid? and that's probably coming from the article instead of the creator..
Or pimplely and in need of skin treatment, if you want to go the hyper realistic road. Hee hee hee.

absolitude

Or pimplely and in need of skin treatment, if you want to go the hyper realistic road. Hee hee hee.
lol, yeah, that's the reality in puberty, troublesome skin, but oh well that's just how society sees it, teens with their purity and beauty..

Meg

The word "moist" bothers me. I don't like the way it sounds. Moist.

Mooooooisssst.

Ew.

absolitude

moist sounds nice to me, i like the way it sounds, like "it's either him or me walking out of this building alive, there is no other option, so i moist kill him the first chance i have"

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Look, guys...I'd say that, if one of you feels like they used a schoolgirl because they're Japanese, well fine; it is of course a stereotype, but I don't think berto was really trying to criticise the actual work put into it.

What we really do have to focus on here is the model, that's the main point of the subject. And I'd say that
VampireWicked said:
I've said my piece, shared my thoughts, take it anyway you wish.
I'm done discussing it with you.
that's probably where we should all leave it, it'd be for the best.

Meg

@LordOfDarkness
Agreed!
I say again i'm amazed by it, just think of the possibilities.
However should gaming have this level of GCi ?

Do you think games or anime should look that realistic ?
I don't want to see anime get super realistic since I like hand drawn animation a lot. I love it when games, like Persona and Tales of, include anime cutscenes as well. Not everything needs to look super realistic.

As far as games go, I think if FFXV are any indication, we're going to have super realistic video games sooner rather than later. Not that I think it would be a good idea. I'm not a fan of developers pouring all this time and money into games looking amazing.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, here is my actual critique of the work as someone with training, since that was a point of argument.

Meh. Do you have any idea how many times the title of the most realistic CG human character made to date has come up? Dozens and dozens. When I was in school we saw entire conventions of companies show off their photo realistic CG characters, it's pretty old news to me now and before long someone else is going to show us something even more realistic than this, it's how it goes.

Ridley Scott, Square Enix, Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, even Guillermo del Toro and full legions of others have made realistic CG characters and humans and they'll continue to push it and make them even more so. The issue is also that this one still looks like a doll. Out of the two pictures there is only one shot where she looks absolutely photo realistic, the other one's skin looks plastiqui, like a doll, which means chances are she won't look photo realist once they start applying actual movement.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@LordOfDarkness
Agreed!
I say again i'm amazed by it, just think of the possibilities.
However should gaming have this level of GCi ?

Do you think games or anime should look that realistic ?

I'm not somebody that's all too bothered about graphics and such. For example, a lot of people were harking on about GTA 5's graphics being amazing. I personally wasn't too bothered, my enjoyment and focus comes down to the game and what I'm doing. I understand obviously that if you want to put a car, tree or animal into a videogame, at least make it look like what you intend; though contradictory to that, it doesn't have to be perfect or even remotely close to looking 'realistic'. It only has to work in terms of resembling whatever it is, so we can at least understand what the world is and what things are in it, and it should work even on a more basic level. That being said, despite me saying that not everything should push for perfection, I'd say that because these modern day graphics strive towards nailing realistic perfectionism, it's something that the gaming world almost comes to expect. So no, where I don't necessarily feel like it's a necessity to have graphics be this way, I'd say it's a common expectation from gamers overall and something that will only inevitably advance forward and become the norm - probably to the point where a computer animation looks literally no different than a real life object right in front of you. And after all, isn't that really the point with CGI, to make a monster look as real as if that monster actually lived and breathed anyway?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The word "moist" bothers me. I don't like the way it sounds. Moist.

Mooooooisssst.

Ew.
that-makes-me-moist.jpg

Top Bottom