• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

saya

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
talking bout anime and realistic, i think ffxv is as close as being a realistic looking anime..

absolitude

Close? Nah, bro, thay ain't close, they got this already:

by that you meant already looking realistic? and btw, what happened there? why did they ditched the more realistic visuals like versus xiii for xv?

berto

I Saw the Devil
by that you meant already looking realistic? and btw, what happened there? why did they ditched the more realistic visuals like versus xiii for xv?
Oh, lord. That is a loaded question, mate. It's extra complicated to go in to the history of FFXV. Sufficient to say that inner politics, multiple change in directors and more than one single change of scripts that mutated the game from a Romeo and Juliet political intrigue story set to a dark and rainy night city to a bright and sunny road trip story had a lot to do with it.

Last edited:

absolitude

Oh, lord. That is a loaded question, mate. It's extra complicated to go in to the history of FFXV. Sufficient to say that inner politics, multiple change in directors and more than one single change of script mutated the game from a Romeo and Juliet political intrigue story set to a dark and rainy night city to a bright and sunny road trip story had a lot to do with it.

lololol, okay i get the picture, it is the longest game in development ever.. here's hoping the game could live up to those years..

berto

I Saw the Devil
lololol, okay i get the picture, it is the longest game in development ever.. here's hoping the game could live up to those years..
I don't know about that. The Last Guardian and FFversusXIII were both meant to be PS3 titles that are now, finally, getting a release and they were both announced around the same. I'd say it'll be down to which one is released first. XV will get a rlese date on March buy god only knows about the Guardian.

absolitude

@berto ow, didn't know that about last guardian, saw it on youtube few weeks ago and gotta say they did it right releasing it for a more capable ps4 i think..

@VampireWicked don't anime/cartoonish visuals can still look gruesome without having to look realistic? i think it's how they presented it that makes something a something..

berto

I Saw the Devil
@berto ow, didn't know that about last guardian, saw it on youtube few weeks ago and gotta say they did it right releasing it for a more capable ps4 i think..
From what I've heard they had no choice. The backgrounds were just too demanding for the PS3 and they kept lowering the demand off the system, then along comes next gen and problem solved.

absolitude

@VampireWicked for that level of gruesomeness on television i think should be avoided like at all cost, some people can't handle wether it's fake or not, i read many times people are doing bad stupid things and said it was because things they watch anime or not anime.. it really depends on how educated are the people in that certain region, when --gonna get political here- the government knows their people are idiotic, please be more strict to television networks.. for other media like movies or games, i'm okay, it has more affordability factor to it, and some idiots are not interested in those media.. --i'm basing this from what i see in my country, so, yeah--

as for the last guardian, i won't doubt the ps3 is capable if they're aiming for the experience, but since current gen has more power to achieve better graphics, why not achieve that as well, it will add up even more to the experience if they're certain it would deliver even without the enhanced visuals

absolitude

@absolitude
I was thinking about other possibilities this could have too.
Japanese anime or live-action wouldn't have to be as limited by racial diversity anymore.
There could be a spot on representation of anime/manga movies like Attack On Titan, DragonBall Z, there could be characters made realistically & look like the anime or manga version.

There would be no need to hire actors that looks as close as possible when the characters are CGI created to look exactly as the source material.

yeah, the thing i like about anime is that unless the name specifies --apart from how weird names in anime can be-- and unless the physical traits is significantly shown (barret from ffvii), the race of the character is nothing to make fuss about, the character could be dark skinned, plae white, red-ish, blond hair and so on, but it doesn't have to be branded in certain race for anime has their visual style, wether it's cartoony or cgi, it remains an anime style..

noctis for example, even if he's looking so realistic, his looks keeps the anime style, you can't brand him with certain realistic race.. as for DBZ, wtf are bulma, hercule and krilin? lol, the freedom of creating a fantasy fictional setting

absolitude

@absolitude
That's the thing, With technology like the one used for Saya what was limited to only drawings & digital renderings in anime can be made to appear as real characters even though they're CG.

With levels of CGI like Saya things like characters with blue hair, the character could be dark skinned, plae white, red-ish, blond hair and so on, all could be done to look as real as Saya, & there wouldn't be real world limitations of race, a person's looks.
Why try hiring an actor that looks close to Ichigo Kurosaki when you can make an actual Ichigo Kurosaki CGI model.

You want Cell from Dragon Ball Z, then create a CGI Cell model.

X7xbrfY.jpg
Any drawn anime/manga character could be made into an actual CGI model used for a CGI movie that looks absolutely real.
This would be a huge advancement for japanese anime & manga.

wow, i've only seen few of dbz fanarts, and that is the coolest thing i've seen, they nailed him and looks realistically right.. btw, what's stopping bandai-namco from making one cg movie of dbz? saint seiya got that treatment, no reason for us not to get the cgi dbz..

Top Bottom