• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sadly I wouldnt count on Vergil in DMC4 with the release of even more new info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Lucy

So it clearly says in the Oct. issue of Game Informer that DMC4 is after DMC1 and DMC2 would take place WAAAAAAY after that.

Therefore Vergil CANT possibly be in 4 since 3 was a PREQUEL to 1 and 4 is right before 2, when Vergil was already the entity known as Nelo Angelo.

Make sense?

Dont be upset, I'm just trying to be logical about this. Storyline wise it's impossible for Nelo to go back to Vergil.

That doesnt go without saying that he shouldnt STILL be an unlockable character in one of the many modes you have included for us. . .RIGHT .. Capcom?:dry:

KingJordan

I be tippin' down
Well since alot of people believe that exact theory and Capcom themselves said Vergil was too important to be left out in a DMC game, that's why I think that, dips.hit.

Crimson Lucy said:

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
First of all, can't we all just get along? Secondly, IT'S VERGIL! He doesn't need logic! HE WILL BE IN THE GAME! End of story.

Crimson Lucy

I didnt say he wouldnt, but part of Nero's arm? Dont be so far fetched.

I'm sure SOMEONE on Capcom's team played Metal Gear Solid 2, and it would be quite embarassing for Capcom if the public started saying they stole ideas from that game.

So can the theories of Vergil being part of Nero's arm.

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
Wait...huh? Never played MGS2-just the third one...but anywho, yea-there is no possible way Vergil won't be in the game after his amazing role in DMC3 and the incredible fan feedback from his character.

GilverVsTony

Everybody, Nero is Vergil's son. The devil inside him is trying to wake up and you know in the novel where Vergil bought a shotgun, that was Nero's revolver or something.

machindix

GilverVsTony;6765 said:
Everybody, Nero is Vergil's son. The devil inside him is trying to wake up and you know in the novel where Vergil bought a shotgun, that was Nero's revolver or something.

Nice try... but I thought the novel didn't come under the official storyline. I've never read it before though, so correct me if I'm wrong.

KingJordan

I be tippin' down
GilverVsTony;6765 said:

And somebody though my idea was wack.>_< STFU and GTFO with that crap.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
GilverVsTony;6765 said:

i Dont believe that Nero is a son of Vergil......................that i dont believe.....................coz it would have a serios behaviour to take the Dante´s Amulet
Nero is a new character and he could be a new Devil´s Hunter.............i guess

Nightmare

The Devils Cry
If Vergil were to appear, I think it would either be as an unlockable character (along with Dante), or maybe make a slight appearance, maybe as a demon boss. But now that we're starting with a whole new saga in the DMC legacy, I think Capcom's replacing as many characters from the old saga as possible.

Nightmare

The Devils Cry
Yeah, I'll miss playing as Dante too :( But then again, we'll probably have to fight against him as Nero, and that'd be one awesome battle.
Besides, I'm trying to give Nero a chance, he might turn out to be extremely awesome like Dante. Capcom should know that the players of DMC love Dante's badass style, and will probably give Nero some of that ;)
Still, Dante will forever be a legend.

aoshi

Credits: DexterXS

Kobayashi stated in GI that he sees the existence of Vergil as a very important part of the DMC story, and that it is not something that is going to end soon.

I guess that should explain.

Nightmare

The Devils Cry
Crimson Lucy;6799 said:
So you honestly would want Dante in DMC7?

GIMME A BREAK!!!

4 is enough!!!!
Who was that directed at? :huh: I think to replace Dante in DMC4 is a great move by Capcom, I'm just saying I'll miss playing as him, but I'm really looking forward to playing as Nero as well.
Besides, I think we should get back to discussing Vergil's position in DMC4

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
Is that confirmed yet? Sorry, but I dont believe anything until the game comes out-or it is officially confirmed! But on the subject of replacing Dante, I think it is both a good move and a little dissappointing...BUT, it will all be cool. Just as long as Nero's outfit will change in future games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom